Fiddler Photo-Op!

BillyLawlor Profile PhotoBillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Fiddler Photo-Op!#0
Posted: 1/26/04 at 4:49pm
http://www.broadway.com/template_3.asp?CT=26&CI=33630&AP=16&NA=F

There's a photo-op up of the party after Fiddler's first preview. No pictures of them up onstage, though. Barbara Barrie looks a little TOO old for Yente, but otherwise they all look great. Cariani is a little it frightening looking.

No pictures of Alfred Molina or Randy Graff?
BrdwyThtr Profile PhotoBrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fiddler Photo-Op!#1
Posted: 1/26/04 at 5:45pm
I want to see some pictures of the show!
thebigkrakowski Profile Photothebigkrakowski Profile Photo
thebigkrakowski
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: re: Fiddler Photo-Op!#2
Posted: 1/26/04 at 5:47pm
I wonder why Molina and Graff failed to show up for the party.
broadway geek Profile Photobroadway geek Profile Photo
broadway geek
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: re: re: Fiddler Photo-Op!#3
Posted: 1/26/04 at 6:02pm
Anyone planning on seeing it anytime soon?
PB ENT. Profile PhotoPB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YIKES!#4
Posted: 1/26/04 at 8:26pm
LOL! Are these leftover Halloween shots or what?!! I'm sorry, but I hope the make-up people are well paid for this motely looking crew...minus the daughters of course. OYE!

Go ahead throw the pies! I'll duck.
www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
mamamia sammy Profile Photomamamia sammy Profile Photo
mamamia sammy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: YIKES!#5
Posted: 1/26/04 at 8:36pm
Those who live in glass houses......
BroadwayWorld: A home for the dangerously unhinged
PB ENT.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: YIKES!#6
Posted: 1/26/04 at 11:04pm
Oh come on! I'm fully aware that I can break a mirror now and then with my mug (besides you can't see who arm is around me or you'd understand) Anyway.. these are some of the funkiest cast photos I've seen yet. Did he wait to find their "bad face moment".

I'm sure these talented folks are better looking in person. Dear Lord, they've gotta be or they should re-name this revival "Funny Fiddler Faces".
Updated On: 1/26/04 at 11:04 PM
Phantom2 Profile PhotoPhantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: YIKES!#7
Posted: 1/26/04 at 11:15pm
Bruce Glikas is really disappointing me lately. He usually makes everyone look so gorgeous. I'm usually like, damn, they look good!
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
thebigkrakowski Profile Photothebigkrakowski Profile Photo
thebigkrakowski
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: re: re: re: YIKES!#8
Posted: 1/27/04 at 9:52am
He's a photographer -- not a magician.
rlbgbc Profile Photorlbgbc Profile Photo
rlbgbc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: YIKES!#9
Posted: 1/27/04 at 9:57am
I agree that some of the faces in this photo essay of the FIDDLER cast aren't gonna be signed by Elite any time soon. But I also put it in context of the show -- maybe the casting director was going for realism, instead of the Broadway version of the shtetl. I'm all for the realism -- in the film COLD MOUNTAIN, it really bothered me that Renee Zelwegger, who supposedly came from NOTHING, had the most glorious pearly whites in her mouth.

So PB ENT. is exactly right -- these are some shtetl-y looking folks, ain't they?
leeinlondon
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: re: re: re: re: re: YIKES!#10
Posted: 1/27/04 at 10:40am
Robert Petkoff is SO hot....

Yum...

I am going to see it next Friday...
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: YIKES!#11
Posted: 1/27/04 at 10:42am
I'd go see Barbar Barrie play Juliet, for crissake!
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
shermanslave Profile Photoshermanslave Profile Photo
shermanslave
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
: YIKES!#12
Posted: 1/27/04 at 11:48am
isn't Lea Michele the original little girl from Ragtime? Good to see her in another show, because she was so good in Ragtime.
Please visit Bitchy Waiter
BillyLawlor Profile PhotoBillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lea Michele#13
Posted: 1/27/04 at 1:10pm
Yes, Sherman Slave, Lea Michele was the original Little Girl. I didn't see her performance live, but I think she's gorgeous, and has a sweet voice.
Updated On: 1/27/04 at 01:10 PM
CharityHope924 Profile PhotoCharityHope924 Profile Photo
CharityHope924
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Fiddler Photo-Op#14
Posted: 1/27/04 at 2:43pm
It's Fiddler, not Smile, the cast shouldn't be filled with blonde bombshell types. And just because some of the actors don't conform to conventional matinee idol standards does not mean they are unattractive.

Two things did surprise me, though:
1) Tzeitel doesn't look remotely Jewish
2) The men look so much older than their intended brides in the show. (I know that back then older men took younger brides, but in Fiddler that's usually played down, so that we see that Lazar Wolf-- a much older man-- as a poor choice for Tzeitel.) And even so, the men are not so far afield that I think it will be a distraction. I just noted it in passing.

PB-- I think your comment ("I'm sure these talented folks are better looking in person Dear Lord, they've gotta be or they should re-name this revival 'Funny Fiddler Faces'") was a bit out of line. Commenting on an actor's physical appearance is fair game insofar as how it relates to the role he/she is playing. There aren't any plot points in Fiddler that call for raving beauties flying in naked save for a well-placed sheet. These characters are supposed to be played by ethnic types, and the actors can fall anywhere on that oh-so-subjective scale of attractiveness without changing the message of the show. So why take a cheap shot at performers whose work you haven't even seen yet?
Then from out of the blue, and without any guide, you know what your decision is, which is not to decide... I chose and my world was shaken, so what? The choice may have been mistaken; the choosing was not. Just keep moving on... --Sondheim
theatermafia Profile Phototheatermafia Profile Photo
theatermafia
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: Fiddler Photo-Op#15
Posted: 1/27/04 at 2:52pm
Oh Charity; I think PB is just adding a little humor. And she wasn't doing it in a mean spirited way. She was dishing, conmiserating, sharing,... having fun with the pics that are posted. Lighten up. Enjoy.
brdwaybaby17 Profile Photobrdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Fiddler Photo-Op#16
Posted: 1/27/04 at 3:03pm
I agree Charity. I think the men are quite older, and I was thuroughly shocked and confused. Perchik is supposed to be 19 I believe, and the man playing him looks to be around 30. Maybe on stage they look more towards the right age..... Guess we will just have to see it to find out!
PB ENT.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Fiddler Photo-Op#17
Posted: 1/27/04 at 7:43pm
Charity~ Some of the most talented people I know are not the most photogenic in every shot. And it doesn't help when the photographer captures unfavorable faces and chooses to print them. I'm sure these actors have seen these pics too and a few are going "ooooo...not quite my best side, is it?".

I didn't think it was a cheap shot at anything. You added your comments about them! and that's ok. I think the pics are very unflattering photos and that's just my opinion, that's all. No worries.
Updated On: 1/27/04 at 07:43 PM
wickedfan Profile Photowickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Fiddler Photo-Op#18
Posted: 1/27/04 at 7:53pm
PB, you have every right to make that comment. simply an opinion, i mean this board is 75% opinion. the other 25% is news. Chairty, dear, you must lighten up that not everyone should be on vogue.
"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.
wickedfan Profile Photowickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: Fiddler Photo-Op#19
Posted: 1/27/04 at 7:54pm
o, and in the description of the pictures, they say that randy graff and alfred molina weren't there because they coulnd't make it with the bad weather.
"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.