Page: 1

Need Guidance to Gershwin Theatre seating

curious3
Swing
Swing
Need Guidance to Gershwin Theatre seating#1
Posted: 4/30/13 at 9:35am
Hi. I accidentally purchased tickets in Front Mezzanine Row C seats 17-23 (center of left side). I was trying to purchase E108-111 (center). The seats seem equidistant from the center of the stage (radius) though I was told that being "closer" at Row C is better even though it was off to the left. For those who have been to the Gershwin to see Wicked, which seat do you think would be better?

Thanks.

Updated On: 4/30/13 at 09:35 AM
redmustang
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Need Guidance to Gershwin Theatre seating#2
Posted: 4/30/13 at 6:53pm
Personally, I'd rather sit Center Orch. EE 110. But, if I had to sit Front Mezzanine, I'd prefer dead center Row E over slightly left Row C. Enjoy the show.
mlsheehan Profile Photomlsheehan Profile Photo
mlsheehan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Need Guidance to Gershwin Theatre seating#2
Posted: 4/30/13 at 11:46pm
Quite honestly, I can't see that there will be much of a difference between Row C off to left and Row E center in the Mezz for this show. It's a big show, and you will enjoy it from either seat. Site lines can't be that different.

Have fun.

Updated On: 5/1/13 at 11:46 PM
millie_dillmount Profile Photomillie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Honestly there doesn't seem to be much of a difference, and there's not much you can do about it now anyway.
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
SFFrontRow
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Need Guidance to Gershwin Theatre seating#4
Posted: 5/1/13 at 11:52am
When I saw Wicked in NYC back when it was still new, I sat in Orch row G all the way on the left almost near the end. I saw everything and was not disappointed at all. Your seats are further up and further back (I think) so the side angle should be even less of an issue. Don't worry about your location, you will enjoy the seats and the show.