Page: 1

Sister Act Rush

ryss615
Swing
Swing
Sister Act Rush#1
Posted: 8/6/12 at 1:24am
Hi Everyone! I was just wondering how the rush for Sister Act has been. I'm planning on rushing on Thursday and wasn't sure how early to get there. I know it's closing so I would think it would be more crowded. Any information would be great. Thanks so much!
gstrus2 Profile Photogstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sister Act Rush#2
Posted: 8/6/12 at 9:25am
Hi! I rushed for Sister Act on a Sunday in July (the 15th i believe). I arrived at 9am, the box office opened at 12pm. There was approx. 10 people in front of us. My mom and I got the last 2 rush tickets, and they are all front row. 14 are given out. Hope this helps. :) Since the show is closing Id recommend getting there at around 7. :)
AlfieByrne
Stand-by
Stand-by
Sister Act Rush#2
Posted: 8/6/12 at 10:48am
This is sort of tangential, but FYI, I've heard that Raven will be missing all Sundays in August except for the closing performance. Her understudy Alysha Deslorieuz, however, is incredible. Vocally, she is definitely the best understudy that the production has had so far. Her performance is incredibly better than Raven's in my opinion, although not as grounded as Patina's.
gstrus2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sister Act Rush#3
Posted: 8/6/12 at 10:54am
Raven was out on the Sunday I went to on July 15. Sister Act Rush Kimberly was on though, and she wasn't quite fabulous.
jamiekennywicked Profile Photojamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sister Act Rush#4
Posted: 8/6/12 at 11:11am
Is Alysha now full time Michelle (and the only cover for Deloris) seeing as Rashidra as left?
''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter
tphiliboy152
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Sister Act Rush#5
Posted: 8/6/12 at 12:36pm
jamiekennywicked: Alysha is now the full time Michelle (and covers Deloris) because she replaced Rashidra. Kimberly Marable also covers Deloris.
Shows Seen: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Wicked Chicago, Mary Poppins, Grease, Lion King x3 (Broadway & Tour), The Phantom of the Opera, Wicked Broadway x6, Les Miserables National Tour, Next to Normal National Tour, The Addams Family, Newsies, Sister Act x2 (Broadway & Tour), Warhorse, Jekyll & Hyde National Tour, Catch Me If You Can National Tour, American Idiot National Tour, Wicked 1NT x23, We Will Rock You National Tour, Pippin, Porgy and Bess National Tour, If/Then, Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, Les Miserables Broadway Revival
gstrus2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sister Act Rush#6
Posted: 8/6/12 at 12:38pm
Kimberly Marable left on the 15th to join the Book of Mormon tour.
tphiliboy152
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Sister Act Rush#7
Posted: 8/6/12 at 1:13pm
gstrus2: Hm that's odd. I saw the show 3 days after you did (the 18th) and she was still billed in the playbill, but was not on the cast board (now that I just checked the photo I took of it). I wonder who replaced her?
Shows Seen: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Wicked Chicago, Mary Poppins, Grease, Lion King x3 (Broadway & Tour), The Phantom of the Opera, Wicked Broadway x6, Les Miserables National Tour, Next to Normal National Tour, The Addams Family, Newsies, Sister Act x2 (Broadway & Tour), Warhorse, Jekyll & Hyde National Tour, Catch Me If You Can National Tour, American Idiot National Tour, Wicked 1NT x23, We Will Rock You National Tour, Pippin, Porgy and Bess National Tour, If/Then, Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, Les Miserables Broadway Revival
WiCkEDrOcKS Profile PhotoWiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sister Act Rush#8
Posted: 8/6/12 at 1:43pm
How long has Raven been missing all Sunday performances? Ridiculous, if you ask me...
Current Avatar: Cynthia Erivo, bringing down the house in The Color Purple.
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sister Act Rush#9
Posted: 8/6/12 at 2:07pm
Alysha, I believe stepped into Kimberly's track and has now taken on Michelle since Rashidra left. I imagine a swing now plays Rashidra's track once they get into the convent and Alysha steps briefly into the "black nun on the bridge".
''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter
tphiliboy152
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Sister Act Rush#10
Posted: 8/6/12 at 5:31pm
For anyone who cares Carolee Carmello is out because she is on vacation. I believe it is for this week?
shrekster224 Profile Photoshrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sister Act Rush#11
Posted: 8/6/12 at 11:27pm
Alysha is infact taking over Rashidra's who track as Michelle and as "extra black nun in the back" and it seems like swings are covering the Kimberly Marable (previously Corbin Reid) additional black nun track. She is the only Deloris cover for the rest of the run, and she was on yesterday! Anyone go? If I had known in advance I would have made the trip. Hopefully she goes on again in the final weeks.
tphiliboy152
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Sister Act Rush#12
Posted: 8/6/12 at 11:40pm
shrekster224: Someone else posted on this thread that Raven will be out on Sunday's during August. It may not be 100% guaranteed, but you might be able to catch her then if you go and do rush maybe... considering most people would leave once they announce Raven isn't performing..
shrekster224 Profile Photoshrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sister Act Rush#13
Posted: 8/6/12 at 11:49pm
Sorry, looked the thread on mobile and didn't read the whole thing. I'll look into it for the 19th. Assuming Raven will show up for the final show, though! (she better!)
tphiliboy152
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Sister Act Rush#14
Posted: 8/6/12 at 11:50pm
Oh I'm sure that Raven will be at the final show. If not, then you could see it with Raven (she was great in the role - even though she sounded a bit sick)
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sister Act Rush#15
Posted: 8/7/12 at 3:53am
I had thought it would be strange Alysha covering the Woman in police station/Kimberly Marable track considering she's going on tour as Michelle
Hairspray0901
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Sister Act Rush#16
Posted: 8/7/12 at 8:01pm
According to Carolee Carmello's website, she will only be out the 7th, 8th and 9th, not the entire week. She's one of my favorite cast members..what an incredible voice! Does anyone know who is going on for Mother Superior while she is out? I am rushing tomorrow, hoping to get the night show!

Updated On: 8/7/12 at 08:01 PM
bwayfan7000 Profile Photobwayfan7000 Profile Photo
bwayfan7000
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sister Act Rush#17
Posted: 8/7/12 at 11:22pm
Jennifer Allen is on as Mother Superior during Carmello's absence, or at least she was this evening when I saw the show. I thought she was quite good, and I've seen Carmello and Clark both before. Allen for the most part belts her part of the score, which makes it sound a bit different than usual.
"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim
Vagabond Anarchist Profile PhotoVagabond Anarchist Profile Photo
Vagabond Anarchist
Stand-by
Stand-by
Sister Act Rush#18
Posted: 8/18/12 at 9:59pm
Anyone rush this past week? Wondering how the lines have been with the show nearing its end.
BroadwayBound115 Profile PhotoBroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sister Act Rush#19
Posted: 8/18/12 at 11:11pm
Trisha Rapier was on as Mother Superior the night of the 8th. Beautiful voice. Sounded a lot like Carolee Carmello.

The rush was pretty difficult 2 weeks ago. I went 3 times and didn't get tickets. Showed up at 11 on Sunday, 9 on Wednedsay and 8:30 on Friday. I just couldn't get myself out of bed though.
lifeaskew
Swing
Swing
Sister Act Rush#20
Posted: 8/19/12 at 12:28am
I got there a few minutes after 7 on Friday morning, and was third in line. The rush line was full by 7:30. I imagine it'll only get crazier next week.

Page: 1