Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Military Discounts

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 8/6/08

Military Discounts

Posted: 5/4/12 at 11:56am
My friend is on leave & is joining me in NY this weekend. He really wants to see Seminar, but being poor as we are, we want to do rush. However, it's student rush, one per ID & since he went straight to the Marines from high school, he doesn't have a student ID. Does anyone know if his military ID would work? If not, is there an unspoken military discount there or any other theater? Thanks for any info.
latitudex1 Profile Photo
latitudex1
Featured Actor
Featured Actor | Joined: 7/9/08

Military Discounts

Posted: 5/4/12 at 12:28pm
If you haven't already, you'll have to contact the NYC USO for up-to-date information on ticket discounts for service members. (@ 212-695-6160)

If y'all are in the city often enough, both of you might consider joining the Theatre Development Fund (TDF) for deeply discounted seats.

Updated On: 5/4/12 at 12:28 PM
jazzynat Profile Photo
jazzynat
Chorus Member
Chorus Member | Joined: 4/28/12

Military Discounts

Posted: 5/5/12 at 2:44am
I'm a member of TDF and was in the Marines. If its allowed I'd be happy to get him a ticket for Seminar through TDF's site, I can call in the morning although I am in Ca so I'm 3 hours behind.

email me @ 49ergirl78@gmail.com

Looks like Peter and the Starcatcher is also available.

-Natalie
sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 8/6/08

Military Discounts

Posted: 5/5/12 at 2:44pm
Thanks for your help. We decided to just wing it and the box office employee actually gave him the rush ticket with his military ID without any hassle. I don't know if a normal thing but we appreciated it.