just curious...
Phantom2 Profile PhotoPhantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: how often do you workout?#1
Posted: 1/19/04 at 11:39am
Daily and you?
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 1/19/04 at 11:39 AM
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: how often do you workout?#2
Posted: 1/19/04 at 11:41am
I need to start workin out.....
Updated On: 1/19/04 at 11:41 AM
b-waygirl
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: re: re: how often do you workout?#3
Posted: 1/19/04 at 12:21pm
once or twice a week wit the treadmill. i do crunches before sleeping. then there's gym everyday, tho i don't do much there. then i'm usually trying out for some sport(though i rarely get in) or doing an intramural sport, which is the noncompetitive ones. i'm doing basketball right now. planning to try out for track in spring. does that count?
parking for drive-thru service only. thank you.
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: how often do you workout?#4
Posted: 1/19/04 at 12:28pm
If ballet counts?? That's twice a week, and besides that I'll practice...so, almost every day. It depends on how lazy I am.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
m-w-f, treadmill, exercycle, pull-ups, dips, leg raises
t-th-sat, pushups, x-crunches, stretching

if the treadmills are all taken then an equivalent swim to what i would have run.

sounds great, huh? now if i could only stick to it, i could lose this beer gut i've had for the last 12 years. i swear it, this summer i will be proud to go topless, dammit.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
glitzguy3 Profile Photoglitzguy3 Profile Photo
glitzguy3
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i workout six or seven days a week, run 2-3 times a week and play basketball two nights a week.
RobbO Profile PhotoRobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i run, but only if someone is chasing me, and sometimes not even then...
XING
PED
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
0 times a week...my sister works at Kent State University Wellness Center, so maybe she can get me a discount! re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: how often do you workout?
CCM '10!
Updated On: 1/19/04 at 01:23 PM
Amneris Profile PhotoAmneris Profile Photo
Amneris
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
since august, I went from 176 pounds to 129 =D I did the special K diet which was one of the easiest diets ever... I walked between shows at hairspray from 52nd and bway (power walked to christopher st and 7th ave) timing myself each time and finally it takes me 30 minutes exactly... I do 20-25 hours of dance class a week and 300 crunches everyday. Im darn proud of myself I have to say. I went from a size 14-16 to a 6 =*D (And basically all because of a certain teacher telling me I was too over weight to be in this business) and while it's torture to watch my friends eat fatty good stuff... I stick to my own foods...fruits,salads,baked potatos,steamed broc. and shrimp with white rice no sauce, Water,Tasty-D-Lite.
Updated On: 1/19/04 at 05:17 PM
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Workout? Oh, maybe three of four times a year.
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
BroadwayDiva Profile PhotoBroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If dance counts, twice a week.
Besides that, um, hardly ever.
I have my books and my poetry to protect me...
RobbO Profile PhotoRobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
amneris - congratulations, that's great!
XING
PED
Corine2 Profile PhotoCorine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Congrats A
I have lost 10 pounds and I need to lose 13 more.
Special K diet hum. Maybe I will try it.
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i played basketball for three hours last night, thats the most physical activity i've had for awhile, i'm just a tiny bit sore not bad just a tiny bit.
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Amneris Profile PhotoAmneris Profile Photo
Amneris
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
thank you guys :*D it's been a struggle but, im actually proud of myself for once... the special K diet is REALLY easy... 2 bowls of it... (1 cup serving size) with a little milk...I love the red berries and I add blue berries/bananas in with it.. i eat it for breakfast & lunch... in between dance classes i have 1 of the special K cereal bars and an apple... and for dinner i eat a salad and baked potato from ranch 1 (they are amazing). I had to talk it into myself that cookies are poison hehe.
DofB5
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
: how often do you workout?#16
Posted: 1/19/04 at 7:36pm
GREAT job, Amneris! I'd just started the Special K diet but went off it because everyone said it couldn't work. I bought the e-book of the South Beach diet and am just reading it.

Maybe I'll go back to the Special K. It sounds a lot easier anyway. I've got to get this weight off--my BP is through the roof.

I walk the dogs every chance I get. About 45 minutes.

D
MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: : how often do you workout?#17
Posted: 1/20/04 at 9:32am
Personally, I've had tremendous sucess with Weight Watchers. I lost 40 pounds last year on that program. I can't recommend it highly enough. And its program just makes a lot of common sense - drink a lot of water, eat a lot of vegetables - watch portion control and get some physical exercise every day.
"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: : how often do you workout?#18
Posted: 1/20/04 at 10:58am
How often do I work out? Is this a trick question?
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: : how often do you workout?#19
Posted: 1/20/04 at 12:59pm
MasterLcZ- Congratulations! I heard from several friends that Weight Watchers is the most logical and sensible diet because it allows you to eat everything, just in moderation. It's important for your body to get all of its necessary nutrients so that you're healthy on the inside as well. Keep up the good work and now hit the floor and do 100 pushups!
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I only do 100 push ups if there's somebody else down there.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Have mercy, and give me another 100!
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My "personal" "trainer," I mean.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Uh huh.

Maggie Profile PhotoMaggie Profile Photo
Maggie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I do kickboxing 3 times a week. Amneris...that's great...I'm so happy for you!