Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Page: 1

John Gallagher Jr smashed his guitar onstage tonight...

sundaymorning6am
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I read this via Tumblr and saw an after-shot picture... Does anyone that was there have any further info? (AKA at what point during the show did this happen?) Thanks!

ETA: It was apparently right after the encore. That seems a bit odd and uncalled for... did he just need to give the producers an excuse to buy him a new one?
Updated On: 7/3/10 at 10:21 PM
TheatreFan4 Profile PhotoTheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A real rock star moment... John Gallagher Jr smashed his guitar onstage tonight...
"Hi there, we represent The Broadway Better Business Players for a Better Tomorrow. We're trying to start a petition to get second rate shows taken off the marquee and with your help we can stop Mamma Mia from ever playing again." -Brad Jones in Suburban Knights

"Is it true you have Ralph Jr at the bottom of your purse in a jar of formaldehyde?" - Felicia
"No, but I wish I did so I could shove it down your throat!" - Bernadette

"This play is sh*t! This play is sh*t! F*CK YOU TERRENCE MCNALLY!!"- Patti LuPone as an angry theatre goer at 'Master Class'

"Being normal is VASTLY overrated..."
- Aggie Cromwell
lstbutifulgrl2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
a friend who was at the matinee told me he dropped the guitar when he throws it and then catches it right before When September Ends, and also had a difficult time tuning it. it's possible it was cracked slightly from the drop during the matinee, which would pretty much render it useless.
"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent
kidbroadway2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
He is a "rockstar" don't you forget? He can do whatever he wants.
AudreyTwoTwo Profile PhotoAudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Poor guitar!
The Best of Times is Now!
taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile PhototaylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
bythesword84 Profile Photobythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was at the matinee, yes he had to stop twice to retune the guitar (before When It's Time and before Wake Me Up When September Ends), at one point he actually said to the audience "PS its humid in the city and that's bad for my guitar" and then he dropped it when he was supposed to catch it at the end of Wake Me Up When September Ends. This is all, of course, after the window didn't open up during St. Jimmy so he couldn't run up the steps and kiss Rebecca, which was amusing in itself.
And hang on, when did you win the discus?
sorano916 Profile Photosorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
This is all, of course, after the window didn't open up during St. Jimmy so he couldn't run up the steps and kiss Rebecca, which was amusing in itself.

So, what did he do instead?
bythesword84 Profile Photobythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
He went to run up, saw there was nothing to run up to, turned around and shrugged and hung out by the steps until the moment passed.
And hang on, when did you win the discus?