Hate for Female Stars...

Kristie-K
Understudy
Understudy
Hate for Female Stars...#0
Posted: 1/15/04 at 7:43pm
I have been reading various message boards during the past year and have noticed how much hate there is for Madonna, Britney, Jennfier Lopez, Rosie O'Donnell and Miss Barbra S....I don't understand this....Is it because these women are ohhh so powerful, rich, or many people are just plain jealous of these artists....I don't understand Hate...this board is not so bad...I have heard remarks like "talentless sluts, "over the hill bitch"....."fat pig dike".....As in artist myself, I would never call another artist names.....I may not like their work, but I respect them for their achievements....It makes my heart happy when a sister "makes it" in their profession...Can I get some feedback please....This really concerns me...Thank You..
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Hate for Female Stars...#1
Posted: 1/15/04 at 7:48pm
Um... Britney has VERY little talent actually put to use... she dresses like she should have a for sale sign between her legs.. she doesn't even make an EFFORT to make it look like she actually sings when she performs, she used a kiss with madonna to get press..... her idea of a good time is getting married in Vegas (though hell, with that guy, I might trick him into a marriage myself) at the drop of a hat, essentially making a mockery and insulting soo many people and things.. shall I go on?
Amneris Profile PhotoAmneris Profile Photo
Amneris
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Hate for Female Stars...#2
Posted: 1/15/04 at 8:56pm
Plus Ms.Spears own "people" meaning record company/lawyers just threw her ass in Rehab for drinking..and pushed back the release of her single "toxic" because of all the bad vibes related to her currently. So it seems Ms.Spears is hot on the NYC club circut drinking a storm and then hits the restroom to purge.
BroadwayNYC
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: re: re: Hate for Female Stars...#3
Posted: 1/15/04 at 9:44pm
To be honest, I think jealousy is the biggest factor here. It's a very natural feeling, and though we won't admit it, we all get that feeling one way or the other. Also, in terms of this celebrity-like lifestyle, the impression we "everyday folks" get is that they have millions of dollars, own a couple homes, wear/buy want they want, etc. we hear this and compare it to own lifestyle.

I really wish all these people well. I know that they do suffer in other ways, maybe not finacially. It's unfortunate that it is NOT about the artform anymore.

For me, when it comes down to liking a person, it's all about character and personality. If you don't possess those two things, I have to turn and walk the other way.
"Everything's coming up roses, this time for me!"
Updated On: 1/15/04 at 09:44 PM
Princess MimiChica Profile PhotoPrincess MimiChica Profile Photo
Princess MimiChica
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: Hate for Female Stars...#4
Posted: 1/15/04 at 9:47pm
I severely dislike Heather Headley, but i'm hardly jealous of her! I just don't like the way she sings =/
chasing_rainbows43
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Then you don't actually dislike her, you just dislike her voice or style. (lest another thread be started on personal attacks)
tkts
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
It's all talent or lack there of. Just because they are stars and have money does not mean they are talented.
Cake or death?
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
How do you know Britney Spears went to rehab? What are your sources?
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't buy into the jelousy theory simply beacuse there are many celebrities out there that are loved by most people. I honestly think it comes more from the way celebrities present themselves publicly. there are some taht seem to have such attitude that you feel they are not deserving of the riches, fame and adulation they erceive. When you couple this with lack of talent, which seems to be the case for many celebs, it leaves you feeling that you don't want to support them in any way.
http://www.danperezgallery.com
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: hate for female stars...#9
Posted: 1/16/04 at 12:16pm
i'm very jealous of the fact that those who spew hatred and bile regarding celebrities for no reason other than their own jealousies, insecurities, anger and unconscious racism and bigotry, seem to be leaving male celebrities out of their posts. i demand an end to this small minded apartheid mentality among those who hate. male celebrities are just as deserving of your derision, anger and mocking as female celebrities. i find it shocking that no one before this has made mention of this obvious discrimination against men. in a forum that should be full of open minded and progressive thinkers, i must say that i am very, very disappointed to be the only one willing to point out this gross case of exclusionary and elitist gender politics in the world of those who hate.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: hate for female stars...#10
Posted: 1/16/04 at 12:26pm
Yeah.
Look at Ben Affleck.
Hamlet's father.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: hate for female stars...#11
Posted: 1/16/04 at 12:26pm
Reidel.....I mean Mambo, start the thread then.
Kristie-K
Understudy
Understudy
re: re: hate for female stars...#12
Posted: 1/16/04 at 12:32pm
100% agree......
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: hate for female stars...#13
Posted: 1/16/04 at 1:05pm
Let's face it, female celebs get way more press than males. Because they're more in the spotlight, they're easier to remember. Male celebs account for probably 10% of the gossip on television and in magazines and tabloids (and 75% of that is usually Michael Jackson).
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: hate for female stars...#14
Posted: 1/16/04 at 1:14pm
"Yeah.
Look at Ben Affleck."

I do, as much as possible.
http://www.danperezgallery.com
Karma76 Profile PhotoKarma76 Profile Photo
Karma76
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I do not buy jealousy or any of the classic why do you hate someone you don't know stuff, casue you are insecure???? why??

simply put I think people just get tired of hearing about some people. It may not be the stars fault, sometimes it is. people are entitled to not like a star. In a way a star becomes a character in the media. Listen to Tracy Bingham on the surreal life complain she can not live in a place with a raspberry bath tub and i think calling her a spoiled brat is not far off. So people have a right to discuss a persons actions in a social group...i am sure you "hate" on some cast of characters you know in your own life. It just happens.

Are there stars I can not stand.. of course.
am i jealous of them...hardly I would never want to be them.

I personally can not stand JLO. why cause, i just can't. I have many reasons I guess but I think she is overrated and too into attention for herself. do i hate her...no, i just chose to change the radio or TV when she is on. I do not think I am a bad person casue I do this. That is my choice. do i rip her apart, no. I could care less about what she is doing that is the point.

I agree men do not get it as much BUT I have men i do not want to watch also. Maybe more so then women. Ben is one..haha not cause of JLO either. I personally do not like his acting choices so why pay 10 bucks to see him make me cringe when he opens his mouth?

Tom cruise is another one i personally do not care for too much. why? not sure. i am just bored with him over the years.

I think hate is a strong word though but that is just me. I do not think people HATE stars I think people talk about stars cause they merely are just sick of them or if they met them in a social setting (without the fame) you may not care to get to know them. It stinks but it is the stinky part of fame.
BroadwayNYC
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
then it must be a personality issue....but I do vote for the jealousy factor. Also I think the public puts them up too high on pedistals. But personally speaking, I've been turned off by many stars due to the pesonality the display. I am not a person who buys into that "fake" personality approach. The kind that says "ok I HAVE to be nice for people to like me." It's either real or it's not.
Karma76
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I agree it has a LOT to do with personality. Jealousy though maybe for some people but not for all. I think stars are a lot more vocal in interviews and stuff so people make assumptions from what they read them say.

I think bashing has totally elevated to another level when reality TV came into play.
BroadwayNYC
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
I agree ....GET RID OF REALITY TV! Life is a hard reality. Theatre is an escape from reality. We need more of THAT.
Updated On: 1/16/04 at 03:47 PM
Karma76
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
haha but then they have the "IT" Factor. haha i loved watching that though.

Honestly i think reality TV (which has gone to new lows over the years) took bashing people to another level. I would NEVER want to be on a reality show.
BroadwayNYC
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
I don't watch any reality tv. The only one I have began to watch is The Apprentice. I love corporate settings and I love the interaction of various opinions! The only thing I really hate is the snobbish attitudes that some females have. Being a female myself, I get turned off immensely by snobbish attitudes from women.
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Could it be that there's a lot of hatred towards J-Lo because she has over saturated the market. It has nothing to do with talent or lack thereof. People are just sick and tired of seeing her all over the place. The same for Britney skank.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Al Dente Profile PhotoAl Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, then WHY bring attention to it and start an ENTIRE thread about "hatin'"? We don't sit around and randomly discuss how much we "hate" so and so, we express our (often) valid opinions, once prompted to do so. As for me, it's Patrick Wilson I dislike and last I heard, he was of the male gender. Our *ire* is hardly reserved for women only. Britney Spears is the cause of her own demise. When you're that untalented to begin with, the least you should do, is stop drawing attention to yourself, for EVERYTHING under the sun BESIDES your music and "talent". Clearly, her biggest talent is for boozing and being a talent-less tart that got over, big time.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
al, again i must ask you to please stop beating around the bush about britney. i mean how are we to know where you really stand on the girl?
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Elphie Profile PhotoElphie Profile Photo
Elphie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Okay this is just what I have to say.
What Britney wears, though revealing of flesh, is considered a costume. The costumes are quite risque at my dance school...
Check out all the off-the-set pictures of Britney. She rarely wears make up, is mostly seen in sweats, and she is really sweet on all her interviews- one of the pop stars to have class.
Even though I'm not a big fan of her singing, she has great dancing skills and is an awesome performer. Leave the poor girl alone. She's just doing her job.
"They hear drums. We hear music."