Page: 1

Ticket

SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ticket#0
Posted: 1/15/04 at 8:12am
Am I the only one who suspects that Carol Moseley Braun is going to be named Dean's running mate if he is the Democratic candidate for President?
Updated On: 1/15/04 at 08:12 AM
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ticket#1
Posted: 1/15/04 at 6:53pm
I don't think she will for the simple reason that she doesn't bring much to the party with her. She isn't a candidate who can be counted on to carry a region...she couldn't even get re-elected in her home state. And I say this as someone who thinks she is terrific. What she *has* done is to show that she is has the best interest of the party at heart in that she defended the front runner when he was getting beat up over the confederate flag business and the lack of color in the Vermont cabinet. And by calling it quits and endorsing Dean BEFORE New Hampshire, thereby throwing whatever sliver of supporters she has in his direction, she's maximized everything she can contribute to beating Bush.

I think her reward, in a Dean cabinet, will be a lower level cabinet post such as the Secr'y of H&HS or HUD. OR a really primo Ambassadorship might be a possibility (maybe even to the UN). And I bet she'll be terrific in any one of those spots. Assuming there IS a Dean administration, of course.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Updated On: 1/15/04 at 06:53 PM
RobbO Profile PhotoRobbO Profile Photo
RobbO
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Ticket#2
Posted: 1/15/04 at 7:00pm
if that's the case, which i seriously doubt, it will be the kiss of death for his campaign. i don't think america is ready for a female contender in the political ring, much less a black, female politician.
XING
PED
mamamia sammy Profile Photomamamia sammy Profile Photo
mamamia sammy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Ticket#3
Posted: 1/15/04 at 7:11pm
Not to mention Howard Dean doesn't like black people.
BroadwayWorld: A home for the dangerously unhinged
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Ticket#4
Posted: 1/16/04 at 2:39pm
What about a Dean/Clark ticket? Any possibility there? Or Dean/Edwards? I can saw with a fair amount of certainty that there is no Dean/Sharpton pairing in the offing...lol
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Ticket#5
Posted: 1/16/04 at 2:44pm
Dean/Clark may even motivate some disenchanted republicans to vote for them. Clark has some good "republican" ideals back in the day... and they would be a powerful pair. There's too much in fighting right now to imagine a smooth coupling in any case. It'll be an interesting year.
Hamlet's father.
Updated On: 1/16/04 at 02:44 PM
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: ticket#6
Posted: 1/16/04 at 2:49pm
oh yeah, you're definitely the only one thinking that, son.

i think that despite the protestations, that he'll woo wesley to accept second banana billing and after coming back to earth after an early moon shot, the general will accept. that's only way dean'll have a shot and he and his people have known it all along. which is why they went to him right off the bat.

and it's not that dean doesn't like black people, he just doesn't understand them, or know any for that matter and frankly they scare him.

dean/edwards might work, but i don't know if edwards brings enough to the plate. he's southern but so what? he can't get kerry because they'd look like mutt & jeff together. gephardt would bring a lot to the table, and it would be an interesting choice to show that he could heal the differences and end the divisiveness.

in the end if it's not clark, he's got no shot.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: ticket#7
Posted: 1/16/04 at 3:06pm
I can't imagine Gephardt accepting the second billing. He's aimed for #1 too many times, I think. Dean/Clark might actually work. And all said and done, I think that Hillary is not out of the question. She might accept the VP slot IF she thinks they have a chance to win. If not, she'll hold out and mount her own Presidency in 2008.

As long as we're speculating, who will be W's VP. I don't picture Cheney on the ticket. I'm picturing Condoleeza. Wouldn't that just be perfect. (I'm not a fan...big surprise.)
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: ticket#8
Posted: 1/16/04 at 3:21pm
i do believe that gw already came out and said it's gonna be slick dick chrome dome unless he suffers another heart attack (now i know that many of you feel that this is a practical impossibility because cheney's got no heart, but stranger things have happened).

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: ticket#9
Posted: 1/16/04 at 3:41pm
"slick dick chrome dome unless he suffers another heart attack"

Like I said....who do you think will be W's running mate? Call me cynical, but I don't see him on the ticket.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: ticket#10
Posted: 1/16/04 at 3:55pm
ok, i'll call you cynical...

http://www.georgewbush.com/

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How often has a sitting vice-president not been offered the spot on the ticket? I can't think off the top of my head if this has happened before.
Hamlet's father.
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I believe Abraham Lincoln did it, hahah way back in history there. If I'm right I want a gold star.re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: ticket
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yeah....I acknowledge being way out on a limb with my Cheney theory. But, acknowledging that I have no basis what-so-ever for my assertion other than a hunch, what the hey, I'm gonna stick with it for a while. I work in a hospital, and have a much more jaded perspective about heart disease than most.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
you get a gold star, son. both lincoln and ulysses s. grant did it and so did william mckinley.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort