Page: 1

ITW Witch Transformation

meljuda
Swing
Swing
ITW Witch Transformation#0
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:19am
HELP! My University is doing INTO THE WOODS, and I need some ideas on doing the Witch's transformaion. If you have been in the show, or know how they did it on Broadway, please post or PM me with ideas. Thanks
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ITW Witch Transformation#1
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:26am
Body double.....
The first part of teh scene is another actor dressed as tehw itch.. teh real witch is changing costumes and is concealed behind a set piece delivering lines... after drinking the potion, the "witch" and teh wicth switch places.. The witch rips off a breakaway "ugly" costume to reveal the beautiful witch
meljuda
Swing
Swing
re: re: ITW Witch Transformation#2
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:35am
I am assuming that is how they did it with BP? I don't know that we have the human resources to do that (someone who could look enough like(although makeup does wonders) or mimmic the physicality of our witch, etc.) but we may have to resort to that if we can't get it to work another way. Thanks. Anymore ideas?
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: ITW Witch Transformation#3
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:45am
okay..

A.) sorry for the typos.. me tired....

B.) That is how it worked in the original AND revival versions.. though in the revival, after switching places, Vanessa flew into the air and spun...
Doesn't have to be make up.. I have seen it done with masks....

on the masks note ;; I have also seen it where the "ugly" witch make up is really a dominoe type mask instead of her being fully made up.. in the transformation, the witch is wearing a breakaway ugly costume and hood and mask over her beautiful costume, hair, and make up, and then rips teh ugly stuff off....