Page: 7

Pose- Page 7

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 8/10/17

Pose

Posted: 4/18/21 at 4:46pm
I think this will be a very sad season, but if done well, their best. I suspect it will show how AIDS decimated the LGBTQ+ community, including perhaps a few principal characters.
SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 7/3/15

Pose

Posted: 4/18/21 at 5:02pm

I read the other day that there is going to be another version of Queer As Folk. As streaming services continue to grow and expand it seems there is even more of a need for queer content given that services like to appeal to everyone.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 5/13/04

Pose

Posted: 5/3/21 at 12:43am

SmoothLover said: "I read the other day that there is going to be another version of Queer As Folk. As streaming services continue to grow and expand it seems there is even more of a need for queer content given that services like to appeal to everyone."

Yes, they are re-booting it. I am excited. I loved the original but did not watch all of the American version.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/queer-folk-reboot-coming-nbc-s-peacock-network-n1263618

The first two episodes of POSE tonight were quite strong. Am particularly enjoying Dominique Jackson. She has upped her acting game this season IMO. Seems there is going to be focus on Pray Tell. At least for a few more episodes. Just hope it doesn't take away from the rest of the story lines. If they keep up the quality of these first two episodes. Jackson, Rodriguez and Moore would deserve Emmy Nominations. 

Grab some tissues if you haven't watched the two episodes yet. They are hitting hard with the AIDS epidemic. I was pretty much a mess near the end of episode 2. I lost a lot of friends including my best and closest friend to AIDS, so a lot of emotions and memories flowed back. Like a tidal wave.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 5/3/21 at 12:43 AM
Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 3/31/06

Pose

Posted: 5/4/21 at 8:58pm
I loved the first episode. Beautifully done and I was a sobbing mess. Second episode was powerful too but I felt it was pushing a little hard on the addiction theme. However Pose has always done this with themes. This is one show that has stayed consistent in its themes and characters throughout. I wish it was getting a few more seasons.

I agree the Dominique has upped her game acting wise and is really doing great work. All of the acting is top notch. I will miss these characters. I haven’t cared for or liked any characters as much as these in a very long time.
"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello