Page: 6

Who you like 2020 Dems

kdogg36 Profile Photokdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who you like 2020 Dems#126
Posted: 8/9/19 at 11:42am

artscallion said: "He's the reason we need anything but an old white man running things."

What I'd like to see is the power of the executive branch cut down to size, so that no one person could be characterized as simply "running things." As an example: the Trump administration is basically committing atrocities in the name of border control, but he can only do this because Congress has given the president almost total control over these decisions. If Democrats, once in power, fail to pass legislation to take this power away, then their words of condemnation are pretty much worthless. 

After the debacle of Trump, do you think Democrats will be ready to do this?

Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who you like 2020 Dems#127
Posted: 8/9/19 at 11:44am

Jacaranda2 said: "artscallion said: "Biden is the walking talking example of some the lack of awareness of what white privilege really means. He sounds like the typical woke white man who still subconsciously considers white as the standard, the norm, the base line, the default starting point that everyone else is measured against and is the only race in America that doesn't need to be hyphenated. It's so ingrained in some people (of his generation especially) that he's not even aware of it. He's the reason we need anything but an old white man running things. And I say that as a middle-aged white man.
"

This post stinks of ageism. And I say that as a 72-year-old white man.

"

I mean, Biden himself said poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids. So who was he referring to the poor kids as then? 

artscallion Profile Photoartscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who you like 2020 Dems#128
Posted: 8/9/19 at 11:57am

Jacaranda2 said: "artscallion said: "Biden is the walking talking example of some the lack of awareness of what white privilege really means. He sounds like the typical woke white man who still subconsciously considers white as the standard, the norm, the base line, the default starting point that everyone else is measured against and is the only race in America that doesn't need to be hyphenated. It's so ingrained in some people (of his generation especially) that he's not even aware of it. He's the reason we need anything but an old white man running things. And I say that as a middle-aged white man.
"

This post stinks of ageism. And I say that as a 72-year-old white man.

"

You're right. I'll rephrase my last sentence to say "

He's the reason we need anything but this particular old white man running things.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
Miles2Go2 Profile PhotoMiles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who you like 2020 Dems#129
Posted: 8/9/19 at 10:50pm

It’s not so much that most of us adore Biden, but that we realize he might be our best hope to beat Trump. Say what you will, but the largest voting blocks are demographics that are more likely to vote for Biden. Progressive candidates just aren’t as likely to engage a significant portion of those voters. Yes, progressives will be happy with Sanders or Warren, but certainly not Republicans that don’t like Trump and we need some of those. And younger progressives just don’t show up at the polls in large enough numbers. Even in 2008 and 2012, they didn’t show up in the numbers you’d expect. In 2016, lots of liberal people spent just as much time dissing Hillary as they did Trump. That was not helpful. Everyone is entitled to have their favorite candidates, but anyone who doesn’t want 4 more years of Trump needs to make very clear they WILL UNEQUIVOCALLY AND ENTHUSIASTICALLY VOTE FOR WHOEVER THE EVENTUAL DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE WILL BE. I’d vote for Kermit the Frog if he’s the nominee. Ditto Miss Piggy, Fozzie the bear, or Beaker!

Updated On: 8/10/19 at 10:50 PM
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who you like 2020 Dems#130
Posted: 8/10/19 at 12:15am

Who you like 2020 Dems

Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin “I’m going to have to science the shit outta this.” The Martian
Miles2Go2 Profile PhotoMiles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who you like 2020 Dems#131
Posted: 8/10/19 at 12:29am

sabrelady said:”

Who you like 2020 Dems"

Yes!

“Beaker 2020: A Different Shade of Orange”

South Florida Profile PhotoSouth Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who you like 2020 Dems#132
Posted: 8/20/19 at 10:31pm

My purse remains closed they'll have to fight it out without this poor guys money.

Stephanatic