First Look At Meryl Streep & James Corden in The Prom Movie

Plannietink08 Profile PhotoPlannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
SouthernCakes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Looks like they’re doing flashbacks with the Corden character.
Plannietink08 Profile PhotoPlannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile PhotoAdo Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Somehow I just can't picture Nicole Kidman performing "Zazz." Her personality on-camera strikes me as very subdued and elegant- not at all like how Angie Schworer played the role that was written for her.

Also, is the girl in the blue dress behind Kidman, the actress playing Emma? I can't tell.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com
kofler22
Stand-by
Stand-by

Who´s playing Emma???

BrodyFosse123 Profile PhotoBrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

The fabulous Jo Ellen Pellman is playing Emma.

QueenAlice Profile PhotoQueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

qolbinau said: "QueenAlice said: "And before we even go there, let’s remember that Donna Murphy has publicly denied that she did any dubbing for Meryl
Streep in the Into the Woods film.
"

Has she? Contractually I’m sure she’d have to anyway if she wanted to keep her Disney retirement payout.
"

Donna Murphy on Twitter responded to a thread questioning whether she dubbed Streep in any way on INTO THE WOODS with the following reply:  "There's not an ounce of truth to that. Meryl was & is, her own magnificent self."      

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”
Updated On: 2/18/20 at 12:34 PM
IdinaBellFoster Profile PhotoIdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I think Kidman will be great. She doesn't do comedy often, but she can be quite funny. I think it'll be fun to see her let loose. She looks like she's having the time of her life in the upbeat parts of MOULIN ROUGE.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards
JSquared2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

IdinaBellFoster said: "I think Kidman will be great. She doesn't do comedy often, but she can be quite funny. I think it'll be fun to see her let loose. She looks like she's having the time of her life in the upbeat parts of MOULIN ROUGE."

Totally agree.  She deservedly won a Golden Globe (and was robbed of an Academy Award nomination) for her wonderful performance in TO DIE FOR.

WestEndGal
Stand-by
Stand-by
I just don’t get the whole Corden movie musical thing either. Am I missing something here, because his voice is so bang average to me! It’s not even good imo. Just kind of passable for an entertainer.
Allie Kuma
Swing
Swing

I am so excited for this movie! I love listening to the cast recording.: )

Page: 2