Page:

The Jekyll and Hyde Drinking Game

TheresaG Profile PhotoTheresaG Profile Photo
TheresaG
Stand-by
Stand-by
The Jekyll and Hyde Drinking Game#24
Posted: 1/7/13 at 9:50am
Pati b, I had read your review before I went up to Providence to see the show. You had some points I agreed with and some I disagreed with especially this one:

"However it might have been a wise choice if this talented rock star had focused a bit more on character insight and development of both personas rather than his ability and instincts to act and sing through this dual power role."

One thing is known about Constantine, he does his work on character development very meticulously and continuously as he is working on a role. I felt the character insight was evident. I looked at the way Jekyll holds back his anger at the board of governors and how he lets it be known to Emma in a very remorseful manner at the engagement party. The reasons why Hyde kills who he does comes as no surprise and it is because of the way the actor is portraying this. And honestly, to just refer to him as a talented rock star is not fair to the work he has done and continues to do as an actor.

I do agree with you that this is a totally different production and that it is aimed at a younger audience. That might be a big pill for the NY critics to swallow, but they were willing to accept it in other shows the last few years. So I think the tablet is open and ready for filling in as this show opens in NY. Hopefully some open mindedness on the part of the critics will be present.

Jersey Girl2 Profile PhotoJersey Girl2 Profile Photo
Jersey Girl2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Jekyll and Hyde Drinking Game#25
Posted: 1/7/13 at 5:15pm
Pati b. can you give the link to your article.
I may have missed that one.
Dont stop believin'
PB ENT. Profile PhotoPB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Jekyll and Hyde Drinking Game#26
Posted: 1/7/13 at 9:32pm
http://broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.php?colid=442189&preview=on

I would like nothing more than to see the NYC critics give Frank Wildhorn some well deserved respect. But I'll drink that green potion if this one makes that happen.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
Jersey Girl2 Profile PhotoJersey Girl2 Profile Photo
Jersey Girl2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Jekyll and Hyde Drinking Game#27
Posted: 1/7/13 at 10:12pm
>>>>But I'll drink that green potion if this one makes that happen.

I plan on drinking champagne. Thanks for the link.
Dont stop believin'
PrinceCaspian Profile PhotoPrinceCaspian Profile Photo
PrinceCaspian
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
The Jekyll and Hyde Drinking Game#28
Posted: 1/9/13 at 9:56am
What grammy did Ms. Cox win?
NOB88
Stand-by
Stand-by
The Jekyll and Hyde Drinking Game#29
Posted: 1/9/13 at 12:39pm
Some of you critics predict the NY critics will tear this show apart. But a lot of critics and audience members like this show a lot. We will enjoy it.

Latest review:

DPAC Starts The New Year off Right with a Rocking Performance of Jekyll and Hyde

Page: