Printer Friendly - re: re: re: Comments from The Rosie Gallery

Comments from The Rosie Gallery
Posted by newyorkuniq 2003-11-16 22:50:41

The Taboo message board is the most hilarious thing ever. Today they had a post like "We can keep Taboo alive-Fight back!" hahaha anyway here's Rosie's latest comment...

it's now official

the yellow wins
time will tell my friend

art does not concern itself with critics - only creation

rosie

re: Comments from The Rosie Gallery
Posted by StateOfJade 2003-11-16 22:51:46

She's something, eh?

re: re: Comments from The Rosie Gallery
Posted by sheekala 2003-11-17 11:01:23

What's with the "yellow"? It keeps popping up in her comments. Please Rosie if you are out there, give us a bit more on the "yellow", luv,...

re: re: re: Comments from The Rosie Gallery
Posted by MasterLcZ 2003-11-17 11:12:45

Yeah, Rosie! What's with the air-head philosophizing?

I liked you better when you were a big loud dyke from Commack.

re: re: re: re: Comments from The Rosie Gallery
Posted by Horsey 2003-11-17 11:39:14

MasterLcZ - >"...big loud dyke..."<
These are the kind of hateful insults that continue to fortify homophobia, social dissension and prejudice.

re: re: re: re: re: Comments from The Rosie Gallery
Posted by sheekala 2003-11-17 12:07:12

But Horsey not start a "war", but in one of her first post Rosie show standup dates she called herself the very same thing, but she added "angry" to the phrase. I think she's at her best when she's caustic in her humor.

re: re: re: re: re: re: Comments from The Rosie Gallery
Posted by jrb_actor 2003-11-17 12:10:14

I agree Sheekala--however, apparently some of here employees and members of this board don't appreciate her humor. lol =)

re: comments from the rosie gallery
Posted by papalovesmambo 2003-11-17 12:12:10

*singing* irony, why not take i-ro-ny...

re: re: comments from the rosie gallery
Posted by Horsey 2003-11-17 12:20:50

Yes...however, self-deprecating humor and name-calling are two different things. Not unlike the way in which the word "n*gger" is oftentimes used. One may use this word freely in regard to oneself, but using this word in referring to someone else of a different ethnicity than oneself, takes on an entirely different connotation.
I am just saying that words, depending on how they are used, can hurt, and describing onself as a "...big loud dyke..." is very different than calling someone a "...big loud dyke..."

re: re: re: comments from the rosie gallery
Posted by jrb_actor 2003-11-17 12:22:44

but, in this case, didn't the comment come from one 'mo to another?

re: re: re: re: comments from the rosie gallery
Posted by papalovesmambo 2003-11-17 12:43:39

jrb, there are carying degrees of acceptability within the society which offers protection only to those who are deemed acceptable proponents of the image. for example, ward connerly might be an african american, but were he to use the aforementioned "n" word, he would be pilloried. the best way to know if one can use certain words without swift and violent repudiation from within one's own group is apply for a permit to whichever ngo currently holds sway with that group: now, gmhc, naacp, aclu, kkk, anti-defamation league, aarp, nambla, and etc. once you get the seal of approval, you may use the words as you see fit unless your usage falls outside the group's acceptable use parameters which are by nature arbitrary and ever changing. should your usage be deemed unacceptable, you will be expected to show up before the national press for your tar and feathering.

this message had been brought to you by the people for politically correct speech.

re: re: re: comments from the rosie gallery
Posted by robbiej 2003-11-17 12:57:04

I'm willing to bet that Sheekala's 'ethnicity' is the same as Rosie's.

I love that big, loud dyke!

This from a big, screaming showtune queen!

re: re: re: re: re: comments from the rosie gallery
Posted by sheekala 2003-11-17 12:57:48

I'm going to apply to use the term, "mincing queen", as I have to dress down a friend later today, and I guess I might as well try and secure the term "trash talkin' uber lez" cause I think I might be using it in the near future.

re: re: re: re: re: re: comments from the rosie gallery
Posted by Horsey 2003-11-17 13:03:38

Well, it seems that this message board consists mostly of F*cking Faggots, Fag Hags, and Muff Divers.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: comments from the rosie gallery
Posted by robbiej 2003-11-17 13:04:34

Hey now!!!

Don't presume that all the homos on the board are sexually active.

That's just perpetuating a stereotype!

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: comments from the rosie gallery
Posted by Horsey 2003-11-17 13:07:03

Is that way Joyce Dewitt seems so bitter in recent interviews???
She isn't "getting any?"

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: comments from the rosie gallery
Posted by robbiej 2003-11-17 13:15:30

Oh no it's not!

Two words:
Suzanne Sommers

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: comments from the rosie gallery
Posted by Horsey 2003-11-17 13:37:52

Yes. It seems that Ms. Sommers was the one who really got " a lot" from that show. Poor Joyce. Although, I do seem to remember reading that in addition to the pantyhose commercials, she once did a bus & truck tour of "They're Playing Our Song."

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: comments from the rosie gallery
Posted by sheekala 2003-11-17 13:59:06

Yes she did, I saw her!

Posted by Becky 2003-11-17 15:02:39

"It keeps popping up in her comments. Please Rosie if you are out there, give us a bit more on the "yellow", luv,..."

Those that have followed the Taboo message board know what the colors mean.......and her humor usually stems from something in the press. She's usually mocking something recent that was said, etc. I totally get it.

Posted by sheekala 2003-11-17 15:05:17

Thanks Beck, and since you get it can you help me get it!

Posted by robbiej 2003-11-17 15:09:37

I saw Rosie on the View a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, yellow is the color she associates with goodness and light and such. Therefore, she wants everything in her life to be 'yellow'.

It actually only sounded a little crazy when she said it!

re: re: re: re: re: re: Comments from The Rosie Gallery
Posted by TEACHEROFTHEATER 2003-11-17 15:26:01

robbiej,

Rosie is flowerizing ala Barbra Streisand. Streisand went on at length about her problems with colors of flowers on Oprah's show. We know how Rosie worships La Streis.

I think it comes from the writings of Depak Chopra (sp?) It is likely something spiritual.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Comments from The Rosie Gallery
Posted by MasterLcZ 2003-11-17 17:04:42

"Well, it seems that this message board consists mostly of F*cking Faggots, Fag Hags, and Muff Divers."

Well, I should HOPE so, Horsey! And you sound like I infer that being a "big loud dyke" is a bad thing! It isn't! :)

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Comments from The Rosie Gallery
Posted by newyorkuniq 2003-11-17 21:19:55

OK everyone. When Rosie refers to "yellow" she is refering to everything creative, artitsic, unique and different. She says the yellow always rises. etc etc. So thats what it means:)

Posted by cabarethed 2003-11-18 11:41:31

Rosie wrote an article on what "yellow" means to her for The Advocate a few issues back.

Posted by sheekala 2003-11-18 12:19:32

Ok, stop enough, I "get it", yellow rises, the moon is blue, black is black,I want my baby back.

Posted by Al Dente 2003-11-18 19:02:58

Now that's my sheeky!

re: Comments from The Rosie Gallery
Posted by newyorkuniq 2003-11-18 21:45:16

OK....this is the best yet............from Taboo boards ::::

I must again ask WHO IS ROSIE???

she must be so quite that she is never in the news. I could not find her any place in the web.

Do you have a photo of her or her husband?

It's Killing Me! I want to see her...
NEXT POST:Thank You,

I think I/v seen him on the Dame Edna Show. I'm rather happy to see you American's have a drag show that copied ours.

This fellow "Rosie" is very good. He must be very popular in the Sates.

Thank Again.