Printer Friendly - Diana

Diana
Posted by Browneyes142 2019-01-09 13:12:29

What are everyone's thoughts on Diana?

Diana
Posted by Deena Jones 2019-01-09 13:34:08

Sounds like a mess.... oddly cast!  Judy Kaye as QE2?

Diana
Posted by JSquared2 2019-01-09 13:40:54

I liked her best when she was in the Supremes.

Diana
Posted by raddersons 2019-01-09 13:47:34

Goodman, Diana
Bipolar depressive with delusional episodes
16 year history of medication

Diana
Posted by wish i were here2 2019-01-09 15:04:11

raddersons said: "Goodman, Diana
Bipolar depressive with delusional episodes
16 year history of medication
"

LOLOL

Diana
Posted by SweetLips22 2019-01-09 15:32:02

Prepare yourself for the soaring ballad to end Act 1 as Princess D sits alone on that now famous stone bench with the Taj Mahal projected in the background. Something plaintive/screaming, with the words ending the song....'there are 3 people in this marriage'---breakdown!

Diana
Posted by HereAndThere2 2019-01-09 16:35:56

Diana was a remarkable woman who did much good for this world.  Her compassion for the least of us, and certainly for those living with HIV/AIDS, is more than worthy of our admiration.  She was a good person, deserving of the love so many had for her, and her untimely and tragic death was a true loss.

I am looking forward to seeing the "Diana" musical in April.  My hope is that all the principal characters are treated with respect.

Diana
Posted by yankeefan7 2019-01-09 17:59:49

That it will probably be awful, no particular reason just a hunch.

Diana
Posted by SweetLips22 2019-01-09 20:12:28

I agree with all you said 26.2 but the last thing I would want to see would be Princess D and all the members of the Royal Family bursting into song.

Admittedly there are numerous characters surrounding her like the the Indian Dr./man from Harrods/the red head/butler who betrayed/now sister with Prince Charles a very merry Princess Margaret and on and on.Maybe a song from Mother Teresa as a finale.

Diana
Posted by JoshTodos 2019-01-09 21:29:42

the team won the Tony for Memphis and the Olivier . Not really sure why this happened. So they might have a chance. Personally I would cast Diana as a man. Because Diana was so out of place

Diana
Posted by Niles Silvers 2019-01-09 22:25:57

I never cared for Diana, but hopefully this will not be a hackneyed hot mess; although she's sure to portrayed as an angelic martyr for the masses.  

Diana
Posted by MadonnaMusical 2019-01-10 03:14:52

I attended the reading and it was really wonderful... though... that doesn't always transfer to the stage. So much can change when it's up on it's feet and no one is reading stage directions. We shall see but I am very hopeful - the cast is terrific for sure! 

Diana
Posted by VintageSnarker 2019-01-10 11:03:17

If the rest of the show is like the one song I've heard... oof. This would be a tough ask for any creative team given all the baggage but it's also a story that requires depth of understanding and sensitivity to not be laughable. These people made Memphis.

Diana
Posted by Browneyes142 2019-01-10 11:27:16

It's not something that was on my radar at all until the casting announcement. And it's not anything I'm particularly looking forward to Either. I think it has the likelihood of being either amazing or horrible. It seems like something that probably wouldn't be middle of the road. But that's just me.

Diana
Posted by zainmax 2019-01-10 20:45:08

VintageSnarker said: "If the rest of the show is like the one song I've heard... oof. This would be a tough ask for any creative team given all the baggage but it's also a story that requires depth of understanding and sensitivity to not be laughable. These people made Memphis."

Is the song online?

Diana
Posted by theatreguy12 2019-01-10 23:10:17

Not quite sure what to make of this either. Thought about driving down to La Jolla to see it, but the more I think on it, the more Im not so convinced it would be something Id be interested in seeing. Im just not sure what more you can say about her life than has already been said. And I cant even imagine how you would tell her story in music. In what genre will this story be told? Pop? Jazz?
And what will the queen have to sing about, and in which genre of music could she possibly do so.

Diana
Posted by bwaylyric 2019-01-10 23:28:03

Don’t cry for me, London, England. 

The truth is I never loved him

Diana
Posted by BeNice 2019-01-10 23:35:03

bwaylyric said: "Don’t cry for me, London, England.

"

I don’t have any opinions about this show but those fake lyrics just made me howl. 

Diana
Posted by ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 2019-01-11 12:03:22

bwaylyric said: "Don’t cry for me, London, England.

"

I would pay to watch her sing that, and those lyrics actually rhyme!...well, sort of.