Printer Friendly - BODYGUARD - Netflix

BODYGUARD - Netflix
Posted by Call_me_jorge 2018-11-03 21:18:33

I just binged this and did not expect to love it as much as I did. Great twists and every turn and the lead actor was incredible. I just hate how brits say “ma’am” like mom.

BODYGUARD - Netflix
Posted by TheGingerBreadMan 2018-11-03 22:47:49

Thanks for the suggestion, Jorge. I hadn't heard of this before; I've just added it to my list. I look forward to watching it as soon as I finish The Haunting of Hill House.

BODYGUARD - Netflix
Posted by Huss417 2018-11-04 08:35:29

If you liked Bodyguard and haven't seen Line of Duty I would highly recommend it. I also think Line of Duty is one of the best procedural shows that I have ever watched. Jed Mercurio who wrote the Bodyguard also wrote Line of Duty.  Four series with a total of 23 episodes

Short trailer that gives nothing away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gB8GncDWX0

BODYGUARD - Netflix
Posted by SweetLips22 2018-11-08 02:55:58

I just hate how brits say “ma’am” like mom."

I hate how the yanks call Mum, Mom.

BODYGUARD - Netflix
Posted by Jarethan 2018-11-12 21:28:25

I think this was one of the best mini-series that I have ever seen.  The first episode was so outstanding -- the extended train scene in particular -- that I watched it in only two sittings, which is something I rarely do.

Richard Madden was excellent and had charisma to spare.  The entire cast was terrific.  If I had any quibble, it was around the identity of the traitor.  It seemed to me to come a little from nowhere, but bingeing has some definite disadvantages for me...the more I watch, the less likely I am to catch subtle clues.  My solution will be to re-watch it in about a month, when my wife is ready to watch it.

For anyone who enjoyed it even nearly as much as I did, I would also recommend London Spy, which starred Ben Whishaw.  It was also really good and had to me a pretty shocking, but credible, ending.

BODYGUARD - Netflix
Posted by SmoothLover 2018-12-02 00:43:14

Loved it and did not see the ending coming.

BODYGUARD - Netflix
Posted by SmoothLover 2019-01-08 06:55:08

Bump....How cool was it that Madden picked up the Golden Globe for Best Actor!!!

BODYGUARD - Netflix
Posted by LuPita2 2019-01-09 01:28:25

I thought it was pretty lame that Billy Porter lost to him, actually.  His performance was heartbreaking and brilliant.  

BODYGUARD - Netflix
Posted by DAME 2019-01-16 16:44:48

LuPita2 said: "I thought it was pretty lame that Billy Porter lost to him, actually. His performance was heartbreaking and brilliant."

I thought it was pretty lame that Billy Porter got nominated , actually.  

BODYGUARD - Netflix
Posted by Call_me_jorge 2019-01-16 17:08:48

I dont really care about who won or deserved the award. I just think Billy Porter was the best dressed and Richard Madden is a hunk

BODYGUARD - Netflix
Posted by DAME 2019-01-16 17:44:50

Yep

BODYGUARD - Netflix
Posted by LuPita2 2019-01-17 16:44:36

Watch Pose. There's nothing lame about his performance at all and it was huge that he was nominated for so many reasons.

BODYGUARD - Netflix
Posted by DAME 2019-01-17 17:43:04

LuPita2 said: "Watch Pose. There's nothing lame about his performance at all and it was huge that he was nominated for so many reasons."

I watched it.  His character is tailor made for him.  He is fabulous in it.  But it is the same performance he has always given before.  Just now in a different medium.  Not anything worth of a nomination.  But he is fun to watch on the red carpet.