Printer Friendly - Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted by Call_me_jorge 2018-04-23 12:41:54

I mentioned this in another thread, but thought this topic could be it’s own. Does anyone have any ideas who will be Katherine and Drew’s replacements(and if Drew is only leaving temporarily)? Also if Chris or Caitlin are expected to leave soon? Both have been with the show for a while and I wouldn’t mind fresh faces.

Posted by Call_me_jorge 2018-04-27 14:46:04

Bump

Posted by BroadwayRox3588 2018-04-27 16:18:37

I would imagine that this thread likely didn't gain much momentum when it was first posted, because no one knows or has any ideas. We have wishes and desires, but I don't think anything more.

Posted by Jmuep2 2018-04-27 17:03:13

This might also be affected if McPhee's show gets cancelled and she has more availability.  

Posted by yankeefan7 2018-04-28 08:03:17

"This might also be affected if McPhee's show gets cancelled and she has more availability.  "

I think it has been renewed.

Posted by SomeOtherMe 2018-04-28 08:46:04

"I think it has been renewed."

It hasn't. Not yet, at least.

Posted by AntV 2018-05-01 02:35:18

I too was hoping for an announcement of some new faces. Well I just bought an audience rewards ticket for Mcphee's last week which would be the last chance for anyone new when seeing her.

Seeing it for the fifth time so would love to see someone different as Ogie and Dawn, even though they're both great. And preferred Chris D to Drew so hoping for someone new more similar to Chris.

Posted by reginula 2018-05-03 00:26:59

Do they need a star to make it to Labour Day?

Posted by Elegance101 2018-05-03 01:38:50

Well, Betsy Wolfe was their biggest star for a while and it was fine. Even if having a name helps a lot, Sara Bareilles' name being attached will always help no matter who is starring, especially considering the JCS attention she's gotten.

Strangely, I know they had auditions for Dawn in September, but that must have been before they knew Caitlin was extending. She just hit 1 year and 6 months a few weeks ago, so she could've just started a new six-month contract (or signed another full year contract after the first one, meaning she'd leave in October). I don't know, I've over-thinking this.

Posted by yankeefan7 2018-05-03 06:12:09

"It hasn't. Not yet, at least"

That is odd, decision is usually made by now. Ratings have not been good especially after moving to the 10pm slot. I believe they have enough episodes for syndication already so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Posted by CPannullo 2018-05-09 23:45:45

Replacements have been in my mind lately as I’d like to see the show again. I can’t help but imagine that we’d hear something soon about the replacement for Katharine McPhee as she is leaving in a little over a month (given she doesn’t extend)

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2018-05-10 12:15:09

No updates yet as to who is replacing McPhee next month?

Posted by broadwayboy223 2018-05-10 13:16:11

I'd really like to see Megan Hilty do it or Carmen Cusack.

Posted by Call_me_jorge 2018-05-10 13:33:17

I hope Christine Dwyer gets to do it or understudy the part at one point. She’s brilliant, plus she has numerous connections to the show

Posted by TJJ1296 2018-05-10 14:52:39

I know there is no word on Katharine's replacement yet, but todaytix tickets go up by like $10-$20 post McPhee leaving so I guess they have a slightly bigger name lined up? 

Posted by starcatchers 2018-05-10 15:04:34

broadwayboy223 said: "I'd really like to see Megan Hilty do it or Carmen Cusack."

I think Carmen would be brilliant, but she’s a bit on the older side for it. 

I reallt want to see Laurel Harris (former Elphaba/understudy Carole King) step into the role at some point. She’d be wonderful. However, I feel like they’re going to try and get another big name in there. 

Posted by TJJ1296 2018-05-10 15:18:06

I think Rachel Bloom of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend would be a big name that would draw in fans of the show and I think she'd be great in the role if she wanted to do Broadway. 

Posted by everythingtaboo 2018-05-12 12:29:26

Well, CBS cancelled McPhee's show today. Wonder if this means she'll stick around.

Posted by msmp 2018-05-12 12:37:26

TJJ1296 said: "I think Rachel Bloom of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend would be abig name that would draw in fans of the show and I think she'd be great in the role if she wanted to do Broadway."

I'm not a huge fan of Waitress per se, but I would definitely buy a ticket if Rachel Bloom did a turn as Jenna. I dunno if the role is "comedic" enough for her, though.

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-05-12 12:52:29

Last Rumor I heard was that Jenna will be an unkown, and they will bring in stars for becky and dawn. My prediction is that Jessica Vosk will play Jenna untill July when wicked is free.

Posted by Call_me_jorge 2018-05-12 13:17:04

Stars for Becky and dawn? Is Keala a big enough star? Would love for her to rejoin the show.

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-05-12 13:39:25

A lot of people on twitter were talking about it

Posted by SomeOtherMe 2018-05-12 13:58:54

everythingtaboo said: "Well, CBS cancelled McPhee's show today. Wonder if this means she'll stick around."

I know she said in a recent interview that if the show was cancelled, she’d try to extend. Let’s see if that ends up happening.

Posted by Call_me_jorge 2018-05-14 12:13:12

Erich Bergen is the next Dr. Pomatter! https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Erich-Bergen-to-Have-Some-Bad-Ideas-as-Next-Doctor-Pomatter-in-WAITRESS-20180514

Posted by Elegance101 2018-05-14 12:37:50

Bwayfan292 said: "Last Rumor I heard was that Jenna will be an unkown, and they will bring in stars for becky and dawn. My prediction is that Jessica Vosk will play Jenna untill July when wicked is free."

By unknown, you mean to the general public or to us as well?

Posted by dmrockon092 2018-05-15 23:32:32

Really hoping McPhee extends! I heard she's excellent.

I'd love to see Keala back in the show, or some truly inspired casting for Dawn.

Posted by rosemonday 2018-05-25 11:23:06

It's interesting that we still don't have any info about a replacement/extension for Katharine since June 17th is now just a few weeks away! Hopefully we'll get news soon. 

Posted by ClumsyDude15 2018-05-25 11:49:55

In the Playbill video she did, Katharine made reference to her run ending on June 17th and then said maybe a little longer so perhaps she's going to extend a little longer. 

Posted by justasmalltownboy13 2018-05-25 12:03:09

Abigail Spencer would be great!

Posted by CPannullo 2018-05-26 00:51:08

After Katharine departs from the show I’m hoping for a new face to play Jenna! But I’d love to see Keala back in the rose as well as i did not get a chance to see it with her

Posted by Ryantheatrekid 2018-08-03 23:43:51

Desi Oakley has announced she is leaving Waitress (on instagram). Any ideas on her replacement? I would love to see Stephanie Torns become lead after seeing her as Jenna in February!

Posted by Sarah329 2018-08-04 11:46:38

Who is the next broadway Pomatter? Drew Gehling is doing Dave at Arena Stage, so he can’t come back, and Erich leaves the 12th. Did I miss an announcement?

Posted by ElphabaGoodman 2018-08-04 12:04:51

Dave is only running through August 19, so they could easily put an understudy on for a week and then have Drew return

Posted by JustinLovesSideShow 2018-08-05 23:43:58

I really want Christine Dwyer at some point!!

Posted by Kerber214 2018-08-08 10:25:36

Has anyone seen Katie and Adam perform? Would love to hear how they are

Posted by Actinggbugg474 2018-08-08 15:00:16

Going to be in the city in a couple of weeks and I was thinking about getting tickets ...

However, I don't want to purchase tickets without knowing who will be playing either of the lead roles!

Any ideas for Pomatter or the interim Jenna??  I've heard Stephanie Torns is great, but again ... they haven't even announced that she will be covering the role for those couple of weeks!  

I guess it can be assumed that understudies will be covering, but it just seems strange that they haven't made some sort of announcement.

Posted by Actinggbugg474 2018-08-12 18:49:10

Erich Bergen leaves today .... still no word on his replacement!  Any rumors?

Posted by natashalost 2018-08-12 19:02:25

Actinggbugg474 said: "Erich Bergen leaves today .... still no word on his replacement!  Any rumors?"

Henry Gottfried will be returning for a limited run, August 14-26, not sure who's coming in after him!

Posted by Elegance101 2018-08-12 20:22:55

The past few times Stephanie filled in, they didn't announce it until really late. I would assume she's doing the interim between Katharine and Nicolette.

Posted by ACL2006 2018-08-12 22:41:43

They need to have Torns play Jenna for longer than 2-3 weeks as a filler in between names. IMO, she's the best Jenna.

Posted by grumpyoptimist 2018-08-13 00:58:15

Stephanie responded about it a few days ago via Twitter (short answer is yes)

https://twitter.com/StephanieTorns/status/1027424962028687360

Posted by QueenTwinnied 2018-08-15 16:27:04

I saw on Instagram that Jeremy Morse's (the current Ogie) fiancee Alex Tripp is joining the Waitress Tour. She didn't specify the role. Possibly Desi's replacement? 

I would love to see Emily Koch promoted to lead. 

Posted by ameliewormwood 2018-08-15 20:09:37

Any word on Nicolette's Pomatter? 

Posted by michael122 2018-08-16 10:54:52

QueenTwinnied said: "I saw on Instagram that Jeremy Morse's (the current Ogie) fianceeAlex Tripp is joining the Waitress Tour. She didn't specify the role. Possibly Desi's replacement?

"

alex is taking the ensemble/francine pom role.

Posted by KathyNYC2 2018-08-18 12:06:22

michael122 said: "QueenTwinnied said: "I saw on Instagram that Jeremy Morse's (the current Ogie) fianceeAlex Tripp is joining the Waitress Tour. She didn't specify the role. Possibly Desi's replacement?

"

alex is taking theensemble/francine pom role.
"

....and that role historically is one of the Jenna covers so maybe here too?

Posted by Sarah329 2018-08-20 19:27:22

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmuAWgTlxbI/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1onxvppgfmde3
I’m assuming this about Waitress, wondering if it’s someone famous stepping in for Pomatter?

Posted by Call_me_jorge 2018-08-20 19:31:06

^or maybe a west end production?

Posted by Elegance101 2018-08-20 19:44:28

Isn't the crown just part of that "keep calm" thing? People in the comments are taking the crown to mean it's a West End transfer, but I don't know about that.

Then again, I feel like it's not just her going back in the show, especially since the next Jenna hasn't even started yet. Excited to find out.

Posted by steven22 2018-08-20 20:01:14

Maybe Sara is playing Jenna on tour?

Posted by JustinLovesSideShow 2018-08-21 18:23:10

Only hint I’ve been given is that it’s a former Elphaba and my money is on Christine Dwyer

Posted by JustinLovesSideShow 2018-08-21 18:29:41

Posted by gleek4114 2018-08-21 18:56:20

God I would love this. I saw her in both Wicked and Finding Neverland, and she never fails to impress. She's said its one of her dream roles, and the fact she has a connection to Diane Paulus can't hurt.

Posted by smidge 2018-09-05 07:15:04

Today Show is teasing an announcement on their show about Waitress casting. Probably someone on the program stepping in for a performance as a stunt.

Posted by Ryantheatrekid 2018-09-06 12:27:21

Christine Dwyer is joining the cast on tour as Jenna!!! This will be phenomenal

Posted by BroadwayConcierge 2018-09-06 12:51:33

Dwyer will be excellent. She was a fantastic Elphaba.

Posted by NJ_BroadwayGirl 2018-09-06 14:40:44

Ryantheatrekid said: "Christine Dwyer is joining the cast on tour as Jenna!!! This will be phenomenal"

Thrilled for Dwyer. She has been a wonderful Elphaba (and stepped back into the role multiple times on short notice) and got positive reviews for her work on the Finding Neverland tour. 

I have long thought she would make a great Jenna. 

Posted by Engineer Thuy 2018-09-06 21:59:20

I am excited to finally see Christine Dwyer when it comes to Houston. I have missed her shows as Elphaba and Sylvia. No way I am gonna let this slide.

Posted by theaterwiz414 2018-09-07 12:47:16

WOW what an exciting week for Waitress! Nicolette's debut, the Al Roker announcement, and now Christine joining the tour?? So exciting all around! 

Posted by natashalost 2018-09-08 21:15:57

I got to thinking today Tori Kelly, the pop singer, would make a really great Jenna. She's definitely vocally fit for the part, I don't know how great of an actor she is but she voiced one of the characters in the animated movie SING! She might even be a good Becky. 

Here's a video of her singing one of the songs from her movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPQ61oYMtQ

Posted by chelseaburnside 2018-09-10 04:43:25

natashalost said: "I got to thinking today Tori Kelly, the pop singer, would make a really great Jenna. She's definitelyvocally fit for the part, I don't know how great of an actor she is but she voiced one of the characters in the animated movie SING! She might even be a good Becky.

Here's a video of her singing one of the songs from her movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPQ61oYMtQ
"

Not sure about her acting either, but she seriously has one of the most incredible voices I have ever heard live. I'd love to see her on stage in the right role.

I just found this video of her in a production of The Oz about 7 years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Fn2mp2mFk

Posted by KathyNYC2 2018-09-13 13:59:22

Congrats to Matt DeAngelis. He’ll be joining the tour cast as Earl. We are going to miss him in NY but this is so great for him.  Yay. 

Posted by LizzieCurry 2018-09-13 14:06:12

Source: http://www.playbill.com/article/waitress-alum-matt-deangelis-and-jessie-shelton-to-join-sara-bareilles-musicals-national-tour

Posted by BwayLB 2018-09-13 14:29:41

KathyNYC2 said: "Congrats to Matt DeAngelis. He’ll be joining the tour cast as Earl. We are going to miss him in NY but this is so great for him. Yay."

I might see the show in Costa Mesa this November. Seeing a real life husband and wife team as Jenna and Earl should be interesting

Posted by natashalost 2018-09-15 21:57:58

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this but Jennifer Nettles would be a great Jenna. She might be the oldest Jenna but she could definitly do the part. 

Also she's already sung She Used To Be Mine and was amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsISGz8IItk

Posted by broadwayboy223 2018-09-15 22:57:26

If Jenna is going to be "older" I'm wanting Carmen Cusasck. She would tear that role up

Posted by mailhandler777 2018-09-16 02:50:02

BwayLB said: "I might see the show in Costa Mesa this November. Seeing a real life husband and wife team as Jenna and Earl should be interesting"

They aren't married yet. The tour had a real life husband and wife play Dawn and Ogie(he was the understudy). Also Jeremy Morse's(whom plays Ogie) fiancee just joined and it understudying Dawn and Jenna.

Posted by BwayLB 2018-09-16 02:53:30

mailhandler777 said: "BwayLB said: "I might see the show in Costa Mesa this November. Seeing a real life husband and wife team as Jenna and Earl should be interesting"

They aren't married yet. The tour had a real life husband and wife play Dawn and Ogie(he was the understudy). Also Jeremy Morse's(whom plays Ogie) fiancee just joined and it understudying Dawn and Jenna.
"

My bad but I still hope to see the show either way. I cannot miss this for the music, story and Broadway history with an all female team of creators of a musical. That’s a bigger mouthful than a piece of blueberry pie.

Posted by Call_me_jorge 2018-09-16 09:59:48

After watching her CBS Sunday morning interview, I’d love to see Carrie Underwood tackle Jenna. Despite her lack of acting I think she could really connect with the character.

Posted by poisonivy2 2018-09-16 12:31:40

So I definitely want to see Nicolette Robinson as Jenna but can anyone tell me how the supporting cast is nowadays? I saw it when there was still Christopher Fitzgerald, Caitlin Houlihan, Dakin Matthews, Cal Anderson and other longtime members. 

Posted by AC126748 2018-09-16 12:39:00

Natasha Yvette Williams, Katie Lowes, Adam Shapiro, Ben Thompson, Drew Gehling, Bill Nolte and Benny Elledge are the other current principals.

Posted by jbird5 2018-09-16 14:02:42

Benny is a great Cal. His chemistry with Becky is great. I miss Chris and Caitlin, they are the definitive Ogle and Dawn, but their replacements are good. Joe has been a revolving door since Dakin left and now you have Al Roker. Natasha sings the heck out of her song. Ben is a terrific Earl. Most importantly, Molly Hager is back as ghost mom. The show is strong enough to withstand the turnover as long as the lead is compelling. It sounds like Nicolette is up to the task.

Posted by KathyNYC2 2018-09-16 15:26:44

jbird5 said: "Benny is a great Cal. His chemistry with Becky is great. I miss Chris and Caitlin, they are the definitive Ogle and Dawn, but their replacements are good. Joe has been a revolving door since Dakin left and now you have Al Roker. Natasha sings the heck out of her song. Ben is a terrific Earl. Most importantly, Molly Hager is back as ghost mom. The show is strong enough to withstand the turnover as long as the lead is compelling. It sounds like Nicolette is up to the task."

We do not have Al Roker yet so Bill Nolte is still there. He’s fabulous. 

Posted by jbird5 2018-09-16 16:08:16

I should have said you have Al Roker coming in but only weekdays. I saw Bill and he’s the best since Dakin. I hope he continues doing weekends.

Posted by WestEndGal 2018-09-19 20:56:41

It’s only a month until Nicolette finishes her run as Jenna, on the 19th Oct. I wonder if they’ll be announcing a new Jenna soon - if it’s someone new to the role they’ll need 3 or 4 weeks of rehearsal. Or maybe Nicolette will extend? I also wonder if Sara might return for a bit though to help boost the grosses. They’ve really dropped since Kat McPhee finished her run, and Sara brings in huge numbers (or did previously). 

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2018-09-19 21:42:15

I have a friend who works at the theater and I asked who was replacing Nicolette and was told they hadn’t heard she was leaving next month. So who knows...

Posted by akmiller_98 2018-09-19 21:56:45

Well holy hell. I saw it today and you can now add me to the list of Nicolette super fans. She was fantastic. My favorite Jenna.

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-09-19 22:24:18

WestEndGal said: "It’s only a month until Nicolette finishes her run as Jenna, on the 19th Oct. I wonder if they’ll be announcing a new Jenna soon - if it’s someone new to the role they’ll need 3 or 4 weeks of rehearsal. Or maybe Nicolette will extend? I also wonder if Sara might return for a bit though to help boost the grosses. They’ve really dropped since Kat McPhee finished her run, and Sara brings in huge numbers (or did previously)."

I would be shocked if she didn’t extend. It seems like shes having a lot of fun. 

Posted by msmp 2018-09-20 00:33:22

Bwayfan292 said: "WestEndGal said: "It’s only a month until Nicolette finishes her run as Jenna, on the 19th Oct. I wonder if they’ll be announcing a new Jenna soon - if it’s someone new to the role they’ll need 3 or 4 weeks of rehearsal. Or maybe Nicolette will extend? I also wonder if Sara might return for a bit though to help boost the grosses. They’ve really dropped since Kat McPhee finished her run, and Sara brings in huge numbers (or did previously)."

I would be shocked if she didn’t extend. It seems like shes having a lot of fun.
"

I've been wondering if Nicolette would extend through the holidays and then turn it back over to Sara. If the show were headed to closing as some people have rumored on here, it would make sense for her to close it out (unless, for some reason, they brought back Jessie Mueller but that seems very unlikely).

Posted by MarilynMonroeSmash 2018-09-20 00:44:15

Todaytix has a note that Nicolette will be on till Oct 28th.

Posted by starcatchers 2018-09-20 01:00:25

MarilynMonroeSmash said: "Todaytix has a note that Nicolette will be on till Oct 28th."

I thought that was always her scheduled end date? 

Posted by MarilynMonroeSmash 2018-09-20 01:01:50

I thought I read originally it was Oct 19th about. I could just be completely wrong.

Posted by WestEndGal 2018-09-20 03:21:08

Bwayfan292 said: "WestEndGal said: "It’s only a month until Nicolette finishes her run as Jenna, on the 19th Oct. I wonder if they’ll be announcing a new Jenna soon - if it’s someone new to the role they’ll need 3 or 4 weeks of rehearsal. Or maybe Nicolette will extend? I also wonder if Sara might return for a bit though to help boost the grosses. They’ve really dropped since Kat McPhee finished her run, and Sara brings in huge numbers (or did previously)."

"

Yeah she could well extend, but I guess they gotta look at the economics of it all too, and might be looking to bring in more of a star name (if they can) who might boost the grosses. 

Posted by WestEndGal 2018-09-20 03:31:34

msmp said: "Bwayfan292 said: "WestEndGal said: "It’s only a month until Nicolette finishes her run as Jenna, on the 19th Oct. I wonder if they’ll be announcing a new Jenna soon - if it’s someone new to the role they’ll need 3 or 4 weeks of rehearsal. Or maybe Nicolette will extend? I also wonder if Sara might return for a bit though to help boost the grosses. They’ve really dropped since Kat McPhee finished her run, and Sara brings in huge numbers (or did previously)."

"

I've been wondering if Nicolette would extend through the holidays and then turn it back over to Sara.Ifthe show were headed to closing as some people have rumored on here, it would make sense for her to close it out (unless, for some reason, they brought back Jessie Mueller but that seems very unlikely).
"

I don’t see the show closing anytime soon but then I don’t know the economics of the show and what is profitable for it and the theatre. i.e. the past 4 weeks it’s been grossing in the $500-600k a week and I’m not sure if they can sustain those figures long term going forward. Sara is busy on other projects at the moment but I could still see her returning needs be and she wants to. Yeah don’t know about Jessie returning. Would be cool but unlikely altho she is jobless right now!

Posted by michael122 2018-09-20 11:19:36

so there was never any announcement regarding when katie and adam are leaving the show, but this facebook ad just popped up for me and it says october 13... has anyone heard anything?

couldn't post the photo so here's the link..

https://ibb.co/co58re

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-09-20 11:46:48

michael122 said: "so there was never any announcement regarding when katie and adam are leaving the show, but this facebook ad just popped up for me and it says october 13... has anyone heard anything?

"

Thought I saw a comment from Adam that they were only in the show through the 6th a month or two ago .. 

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-09-20 11:48:52

I didnt think they were that good anyway. Hopefully they can stunt cast dawn! And have unkown jennas!

Posted by JustinLovesSideShow 2018-09-20 12:21:42

I’m really hoping Billy Harrigan Tighe comes in as Doctor Pomatter

Posted by hamiltonstradition 2018-09-20 14:08:30

I would love it if Lenne Klingaman from the tour would take over as Dawn! She is suppose to leave tour in a few weeks.

Posted by WestEndGal 2018-09-20 21:31:35

Bwayfan292 said: "I didnt think they were that good anyway. Hopefully they can stunt cast dawn! And have unkown jennas!"

Katie and Adam were playing Dawn and Ogie when I saw the show most recently and I thought they were great! Adam especially. I don't think Katie has the best voice, but her acting was great and she had good chemistry with Adam, of course! lol

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-09-20 21:36:32

WestEndGal said: "Bwayfan292 said: "I didnt think they were that good anyway. Hopefully they can stunt cast dawn! And have unkown jennas!"

Katie and Adam were playing Dawn and Ogie when I saw the show most recently and I thought they were great! Adam especially. I don't think Katie has the best voice, but her acting was great and she had goodchemistry with Adam, of course! lol
"

I wasnt a fan of Katie’s voice either, i felt like it didnt mesh well with the other voices. I thought adam was good but after getting used to having chris for so long, he was okay. And Haha!!!! Yes I will say they had amazing chemistry for obvious reasons lol!

Posted by LuPita2 2018-09-20 22:42:28

She can't extend if they are having a "star" come in as Jenna and possibly Dr. P.  Her run is so short, so that would make sense in terms of schedules.  Nicolette is awesome though!

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-09-20 23:09:09

It was rumored on here back in 2016/2017  that Meghan Linsey from The Voice was supposed to replace Jessie but  got her posionous spider bite in early 2017 . She just posted a video of her singing SUTBM https://twitter.com/meghanlinsey/status/1039911663435173888?s=19

Edit: Found a recent article where she mentioned that she's been in contact with Barry W....https://countrymusictattletale.com/2018/09/17/could-meghan-linsey-be-destined-for-broadway/

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-09-20 23:26:50

Not that followers mean anything, but currently Nicoltte has more than Meghan, so with that information I dont think she would make much of a difference in the box office.

and by more I mean like 2,000 more. I had to look her up to see who she was. I feel like the people who dont see the voice they wont know who she is. 

In all honestly, I love this show alot. But its time to close up shop, the stunt casting is just boring and they grab literally any person with remote fame to take over. Which most of the audience have no clue who they even are. Let stephanie torns close this out or bring back Sara. 

Posted by MadsonMelo 2018-09-21 00:08:56

I like the stunts of Waitress.

Jason is like a bff of Sara.

McPhee is an actual Singer

And... Who else was a stunts?

Posted by GiantsInTheSky2 2018-09-21 02:59:49

Please stunt cast the supporting roles and get Megan Hilty as Jenna. PLEASE.

Posted by Elegance101 2018-09-21 07:36:35

Audra is playing Dawn, with Danny Devito as Ogie.

Posted by WestEndGal 2018-09-21 09:31:47

MadsonMelo said: "I like the stunts of Waitress.

Jason is like a bff of Sara.

McPhee is an actual Singer

And... Who else was a stunts?
"

Yeah I think so far Waitress has done a great job with all their castings. And I don't really think they have stunt casted anyone so far - I see a stunt casting as someone who isn't really qualified for the role but is brought in only to sell tickets on name along. You can be a more famous name and not just be a Broadway actor but not be a "stunt actor" 

Maybe Jason didn't have the acting experience but he's a good singer and did a good job as Dr P. I mean, Sara hadn't done any acting professionally previously before her role in Waitress, but no one had an issue (I don't think) with her performing as Jenna!

And Kat McPhee has a Boston Conservatory background, and can sing and act, and just because it was her Broadway debut doesn't make it a stunt casting. Plus, as someone's who's seen all the Jennas except Stephanie and Nicolette, she was outstanding in the role - probably my fave Jenna tbh.

As for a real stunt casting, I would say only Al Roker really fits the bill on that one, lol!

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-09-21 20:36:33

Found this comment on Meghan's Instagram post...Meghan follows this account. She also reccently followed Nicolette and Katherine...

juliemorivaCan’t wait for you to play that guest role in @waitressmusical you will KILL not only the songs but the whole darn thang!!

Posted by singer234 2018-09-21 20:53:37

I’ve said it before, but I really, really want to see Laura Bell Bundy take a shot at this.

Posted by AC126748 2018-09-22 13:58:45

michael122 said: "so there was never any announcement regarding when katie and adam are leaving the show, but this facebook ad just popped up for me and it says october 13... has anyone heard anything?

"

I got an email today saying Katie and Adam were leaving on October 7.

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-10-02 15:31:54

Good for them! They better have a big name coming in for Jenna.... or the diner is gonna be closing up.

https://mobile.twitter.com/broadwaycom/status/1047202731092533248

Posted by mailhandler777 2018-10-02 16:36:15

Lennes last on tour is tonight and she starts next Tues. Alex starts the same day.

http://www.playbill.com/article/alex-wyse-and-lenne-klingaman-to-join-broadway-cast-of-waitress

Posted by natashalost 2018-10-02 16:38:46

It's official! 

Katie Lowes and Adam Shapiro, currently playing Dawn and Ogie respectively, will be departing on Sunday, October 7.

The couple will be replaced by Lenne Klingaman, who will be making her Broadway debut as Dawn after originating the role on the national touring company, and Alex Wyse, as who will be returning to Broadway as Ogie, on October 9. (BroadwayWorld article)

Lenne Klingman will play her final performance on the national tour tonight, October 2. Jessie Shelton is set to assume the role on October 9 at the Smith Center in Las Vegas. No word on who will play the role in the interim, but it would likely be the understudy for the role, Gerianne Pérez. 

Posted by mailhandler777 2018-10-02 17:15:21

natashalost said: "It's official!

Katie Lowes and Adam Shapiro, currently playing Dawn and Ogie respectively, will be departing on Sunday, October 7.

The couple will be replaced by Lenne Klingaman, whowill be making her Broadway debut as Dawn after originating the role on the national touring company, and Alex Wyse, as who will be returning to Broadway as Ogie, on October 9. (BroadwayWorld article)

Lenne Klingman will play her final performance on the national tour tonight, October 2. Jessie Shelton is set to assume the role on October 9at the Smith Center in Las Vegas. No word on who will play the role in the interim, but it would likely be the understudy for the role, Gerianne Pérez.
"

Emily Koch is also an understudy. I saw both her and Gerianne and both are amazing. 

I also posted about Lenne and Alex right above you.

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-10-02 17:32:04

and I also posted about them right above you... :)

Posted by mailhandler777 2018-10-03 01:08:12

^My bad. I didn't click on the link to see what it was.

Posted by WestEndGal 2018-10-03 10:31:39

I really enjoyed Katie Lowes and Adam Shapiro as Dawn and Ogie - be sad to see them go. Waitress is making so many casting changes these days, I can’t keep up!

Nicolette only has 3 more weeks after this as Jenna. I’m surprised they haven’t announced her replacement yet. If it’s a new Jenna surely they should be starting rehearsals soon?

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-10-03 10:58:00

Nicolette only has 3 more weeks after this as Jenna. I’m surprised they haven’t announced her replacement yet. If it’s a new Jenna surely they should be starting rehearsals soon?"

Meghan Linsey has been quiet on social media lately ... I'd be shocked if it wasn't her based off the comments/press surrounding her SUTBM video , espically since she was supposed to replace Jessie before getting that bad spider bite and said she's been in talk with the Weisslers for years to do a show......

Posted by WestEndGal 2018-10-03 11:58:56

MannPhan24601 said: "

Nicolette only has 3 more weeks after this as Jenna. I’m surprised they haven’t announced her replacement yet. If it’s a new Jenna surely they should be starting rehearsals soon?"

Meghan Linsey has been quiet on social media lately ... I'd be shocked if it wasn't her based off the comments/press surrounding her SUTBM video , espically since she was supposed to replace Jessie before getting that bad spider bite and said she's been in talk with the Weisslers for years to do a show......

"

Meghan Linsey seems like an odd choice to me. She’s not a big enough name to make any difference to the box office receipts imo, and she’s not a seasoned Broadway actress either. It’s just a bit uninspiring, unless I’m missing something 

Posted by starcatchers 2018-10-03 12:07:36

I made a trip to see the tour cast back in February and absolutely adored Lenne as Dawn. I’m so glad she’s coming to Broadway. Alex Wyse is an interesting choice, but I’m excited to see him.

to be completely honest, I’ve never heard of this Meghan Linsey. Will she be a draw? 

Posted by mailhandler777 2018-10-05 19:44:57

Jessie is making her debut tonight in Tempe.

Posted by natashalost 2018-10-10 17:09:59

Both Nicolette Robinson (Jenna) and Al Roker have extended their runs! They will both be performing through November 18!

https://twitter.com/WaitressMusical/status/1050129501676552208?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Posted by Call_me_jorge 2018-10-10 19:22:20

I really hope they have a bigger name than a former Voice contestant in the works for after Nicolette.

Posted by Catsbroadwayfan 2018-10-11 12:40:34

If its the Voice contestant they might as well bring Sara back and close the show.

The only person with name recongition in that cast right now is Al Roker

Posted by Itonlytakesajourney 2018-11-05 12:52:04

...Well

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/June-Squibb-Joins-Cast-of-WAITRESS-as-Josie-Nicolette-Robinson-Extends-Thru-December-9-20181105

Posted by Phillytheatreguy10 2018-11-14 14:09:26

Who plays Joe for the matinees when Roker is out? Do the understudies split it or is there someone doing it that does not wish to be credited in the Playbill or website?

Posted by natashalost 2018-11-14 18:25:56

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "Who plays Joe for thematinees when Roker is out? Do the understudies split it or is there someone doing it that does not wish to be credited in the Playbill or website?"

Benny Elledge, who usually plays the role of Cal.

Posted by BwayLB 2018-11-14 19:48:14

starcatchers said: "I made a trip to see the tour cast back in February and absolutely adored Lenne as Dawn. I’m so glad she’s coming to Broadway. Alex Wyse is an interesting choice, but I’m excited to see him.

to be completely honest, I’ve never heard of this Meghan Linsey. Will she be a draw?
"

I’m seeing the tour on Saturday in Costa Mesa

Posted by andrewftw 2018-11-17 14:49:57

Oh I just saw on Instagram that Natasha's last show is a week from today (https://www.instagram.com/p/BqSghoShb_z/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet)

Any news on next Becky?

Posted by Call_me_jorge 2018-11-17 15:02:01

They should get Keala to come back.

Posted by natashalost 2018-11-17 15:32:07

Charity Angel Dawson will be returning to the role of Becky on Broadway following Natasha’s exit, per my source.

Posted by andrewftw 2018-11-17 15:42:56

natashalost said: "Charity Angel Dawson will be returning to the role of Becky on Broadway following Natasha’s exit, per my source."

If this is true, we need Desi as Jenna and then we have the three original tour waitress's on broadway!

Posted by LightsOut90 2018-11-17 22:57:48

they already are lining up another stunt cast for Joe after June Squibb leaves

Posted by BwayLB 2018-11-17 23:07:29

andrewftw said: "natashalost said: "Charity Angel Dawson will be returning to the role of Becky on Broadway following Natasha’s exit, per my source."

If this is true, we need Desi as Jenna and then we have the three original tour waitress's on broadway!
"

I saw Christine Dwyer as Jenna in Costa Mesa today

Posted by CPannullo 2018-11-21 16:56:00

As it is about 2 and a half weeks away until Nicolettes departure is there any world on potential replacements or another extension?

Posted by Elegance101 2018-11-21 17:14:17

CPannullo said: "As it is about 2 and a half weeks away until Nicolettes departure is there any world on potential replacements or another extension?"

Pretty sure she’s extending.

Posted by phan24 2018-11-21 17:56:02

She’ll be extending, along with a great new Dr. Pomotter....

Posted by natashalost 2018-11-21 18:06:41

phan24 said: "She’ll be extending, along with a great new Dr. Pomotter...."

Will it be a celebrity or a Broadway name? Any hints?

Posted by ACL2006 2018-11-21 18:10:08

Expect Nicolette to extend until Jan. 6.

Posted by JustinLovesSideShow 2018-11-21 18:20:22

Is January 6th the closing date????

Posted by CedricOates 2018-11-21 18:37:27

It’s always fascinating to se how people have such good connects that they know dates and who is coming in . Bravo

Posted by phan24 2018-11-21 20:17:37

A broadway name, that will make a lot of sense. Not much I can say yet!

Posted by Call_me_jorge 2018-11-21 20:26:42

Leslie Odom Jr?

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-11-21 20:40:04

Call_me_jorge said: "Leslie Odom Jr?"

:)

Posted by broadwayboy222 2018-11-21 20:51:06

As cute as it would be to have Leslie and Nicolette together, I've always thought James Snyder would make an absolute perfect Pomatter! Here's to hoping he finally gets to do it!

Posted by WestEndGal 2018-11-22 06:15:44

OMGGGG Leslie Odom Jr as Dr P would be super cute, if this is true (even if I don’t necessarily see him as he geeky type)! I think he could also bring in extra eyeballs too!! 

And the rumours were true and Kat McPhee has been cast as Jenna in the West End Waitress which I’m super excited about. She killed it when I saw her in NYC and I think her Jenna portrayal is so well suited for British audiences <3

Posted by andrewftw 2018-11-23 02:22:45

JustinLovesSideShow said: "Is January 6th the closing date????"

They have tickets till Sept 1 at this point. So, no

Posted by n2nbaby 2018-11-23 03:59:53

andrewftw said: "JustinLovesSideShow said: "Is January 6th the closing date????"

They have tickets till Sept 1 at this point. So, no
"

That means nothing.

Posted by KathyNYC2 2018-11-23 09:25:16

ACL2006 said: "Expect Nicolette to extend until Jan. 6."

I have no idea if this ^ is true or not...anything can happen of course....but on Thanksgiving Nicolette was posting on Instagram (more than once) that her last day is December 9th. I can see where she might not be allowed to say things but I can’t see her lying. 

Posted by andrewftw 2018-11-24 19:10:00

Okay so, Tiffany Mann temporary replacement ends in early December? Any ideas on next Nurse Norma?

Posted by megs17 2018-11-28 08:58:09

Any word on when they'll be announcing the new Pomatter? I have a hunch, and I'm very curious to see if it's correct.

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-11-29 12:10:44

According to her instagram, Nicolette is not extending and plays her final show in 10 days. So... who’s next?

Posted by CedricOates 2018-11-29 12:18:51

At this point, I’m going to take over as Jenna ha.

Posted by MauraLovesMusicals 2018-11-29 13:07:10

realistically? they are probably going to call sara back in for the holiday season and because she just came off of her performance on some late night show (can’t remeber which one right now) 

idealistically? i want christy altomare in the role (but unlikely as you would have to pry anastasia from her cold dead hands

Posted by _(_)_/ 2018-11-29 15:34:53

Mabye torns will take over. Isn’t there a star Dr. pot coming in??

Posted by phan24 2018-12-02 14:06:52

phan24 said: "She’ll be extending, along with a great new Dr. Pomotter...."

This fell through since my last update, sorry!

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-12-02 14:10:16

I know of more than half a dozen "names" that were going to go into Waitress before dropping at the last second...

Is there something going on with the Producers/managment that is causing this?

There is a MUCH higher volume of this at Waitress than there seems to be with other shows... 

Posted by ACL2006 2018-12-02 14:39:11

So it appears that, #1. Their name they had lined up for the winter fell through. & #2. Nicolette can't extend. #3. This should give Torns a long run as Jenna(finally!). #4. I'd guess Sara returns in the Spring to close the show.

Posted by poisonivy2 2018-12-02 14:59:14

Sondheimite said: "I know of more than half a dozen "names" that were going to go into Waitress before dropping at the last second...

Is there something going on with the Producers/managment that is causing this?

There is a MUCH higher volume of this at Waitress than there seems to be with other shows...
"

It's the Weisslers and they're cheap? Many singers might have read the fine print on the contract and said no thanks? But the turnover for such a small show has been enormous recently.

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-12-02 17:18:04

Remember Kimoko Glenn's abrupt departure where they said she was going to come back and she didn't ? I've always wondered about that ...

It was mentioned on here back in early 2017 that Meghan Linsey was supposed to replace Jessie but bowed out at last minute (I assumed it was for her spider bite that made it all over the news ) and Sara came in at last minute . Then over the summer, she posted that SUTBM video that Sara tweeted and said in a interview that she's been in talks with the Weisslers for years ... I know she has been a corespeondant covering The Voice on a NBC station in Nashville this season and that should be ending in a few weeks .

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-12-02 17:22:47

Caissie Levy was supposed to go into the role as well.  Though, I believe, she bowed out for Elsa. 

Posted by hamiltonstradition 2018-12-02 19:38:05

ACL2006 said: "So it appears that, #1. Their name they had lined up for the winter fell through. & #2. Nicolette can't extend. #3. This should give Torns a long run as Jenna(finally!). #4. I'd guess Sara returns in the Spring to close the show."

If Torns is lead, then they would only have 1 Jenna cover in the building. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Desi Oakley come back in some capacity.

Posted by MauraLovesMusicals 2018-12-02 19:39:28

hamiltonstradition said: "ACL2006 said: "So it appears that, #1. Their name they had lined up for the winter fell through. & #2. Nicolette can't extend. #3. This should give Torns a long run as Jenna(finally!). #4. I'd guess Sara returns in the Spring to close the show."

If Torns is lead, then they would only have 1 Jenna cover in the building. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Desi Oakley come back in some capacity.

"

desi has been posting a lot of waitress pictures on her story recently....

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-12-02 19:53:19

At least to me, it makes the most logical sense to announce a January closing with Sara closing the run.
They would make holiday sales, and Sara sales right before they close.

Megan Linsey will NOT sell tickets. At this point, a week before Nicolette leaves, and no word on a new jenna, (which they usually announce 2-3 weeks prior, for promotional pictures, etc.) Theres no new jenna coming in, whoever they had dropped.

Considering now that there has probally been mutiple Jenna’s and a Dr. Potmatter drop, they would be smart to just close up the show.

If theres no name by January, they are finished and will fall victim to the post Holiday bloodbath.

Posted by ACL2006 2018-12-02 19:58:15

hamiltonstradition said: "ACL2006 said: "So it appears that, #1. Their name they had lined up for the winter fell through. & #2. Nicolette can't extend. #3. This should give Torns a long run as Jenna(finally!). #4. I'd guess Sara returns in the Spring to close the show."

"

Anytime Torns was billed as Jenna for several weeks, the producers brought in someone else to play Torn's ensemble track and also cover Jenna. The last few times it was Keri Rene Fuller that played "Francine" and u/s Jenna.

Posted by WestEndGal 2018-12-02 23:58:34

Are the Weissler’s notoriously stingy when it comes to paying their leading ladies / men?! It does seem a little odd that they seem to have struggled recently to pin down stars to play Jenna, when to my mind it must be one of the most coveted roles for a female performer, given its a great acting role also. But that said, to find someone with both the singing talent to do justice to sara’s score and have the acting chops also be well known enough to make a difference to the box office is probably actually quite hard.

It would make sense to have Sara come back to close the show but she has a new album coming out and is also probably busy with the West End transfer early next year, so maybe she doesn’t have the time or inclination right now. 

Posted by CPannullo 2018-12-03 14:54:41

We’re less than a week away from Nicole’s departure. Is it safe to assume Stephanie Torns will be taking over?

Posted by ACL2006 2018-12-03 18:08:39

CPannullo said: "We’re less than a week away from Nicole’s departure. Is it safe to assume Stephanie Torns will be taking over?"

Personally, it should be Torns. Why bring in another random Broadway person when Torns has proven to handle the role extremely well. Let her play the role for 2-3 months then bring back Sara to close the show.

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-12-03 18:14:49

Show needs names.  Names keep dropping out.  Might be time to close the pie shop.

Posted by BroadwayConcierge 2018-12-03 18:21:47

I would be so grateful if we could get something new in the Atkinson for the spring.

Posted by ACL2006 2018-12-03 18:37:03

If Sara can't return, then just have Torns as the final Jenna and close in February.

Posted by InTheBathroom1 2018-12-03 19:02:52

This show has relatively low running costs and already recouped awhile ago. I don’t know that they’re gonna be so quick to close. Especially considering their producers.

Posted by MadsonMelo 2018-12-03 21:08:03

It seems like a small show indeed, but how low is the nut?

If doesn’t change, it will make less than 500k soon

Posted by funaviator 2018-12-04 16:34:30

Visiting city next week. Wanted to catch Waitress.  (after Dec 9th). How long do you think it will be before they announce replacement for Jenna?

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-12-04 16:39:58

It’s safe to assume you will be seeing Torns.

Posted by andrewftw 2018-12-04 16:47:30

funaviator said: "Visiting city next week. Wanted to catch Waitress. (after Dec 9th). How long do you think it will be before they announce replacement for Jenna?

"

probably torns ngl. but she is great. she was my first jenna and is one of my favorite ones!!

Posted by funaviator 2018-12-04 16:50:08

I would be happy if you were correct with Torns

Posted by natashalost 2018-12-05 20:24:26

So, Nicolette is leaving in 4 days and we still don't know who our next Jenna is. Any updates?

Posted by andrewftw 2018-12-05 21:38:21

natashalost said: "So, Nicolette is leaving in 4 days and we still don't know who our next Jenna is. Any updates?"

sadly nothing has been announced  

Posted by WldKingdomHM 2018-12-06 08:24:36

That Instagram pic on the Waitress page. Things that make you go hmm....

Posted by starcatchers 2018-12-06 08:38:56

WldKingdomHM said: "That Instagram pic on the Waitress page. Things that make you go hmm...."

It made me think of 2 Broke Girls but that doesn’t make sense. 

Posted by hamiltonstradition 2018-12-06 08:39:58

Desi and Bryan?

Posted by LxGstv 2018-12-06 08:49:04

Desi Oakley’s Instagram post of October 2nd shows her with the Waitress sign after the tour wrap up...

It now has the caption:
“*UPDATE: it’s finally announced - she’s going to BROADWAY”

Even though nothing has been announced yet...

Posted by LarryD2 2018-12-06 08:51:46

LxGstv said: "Desi Oakley’s Instagram post of October 2nd shows her with the Waitress sign after the tour wrap up...

It now has the caption:

"

She's talking about Lenne Klingaman, the original tour Dawn who is now in the Broadway production.

Posted by MauraLovesMusicals 2018-12-06 08:52:56

hamiltonstradition said: "Desi and Bryan?"

this seems to make the most sense. desi recently posted that she is about to start a new project (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq-S72nFsd4/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet),  and bryan even posted a picture of him with bryan and drew in the same rehearsal space, though he edited the post to say that they were not in rehearsing for the same show (https://www.instagram.com/p/BpqAKZLhs4X/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet).

the only thing that sets me off if the fact that the announcement photo is two condiment bottles, which is related to dawn...

Posted by MauraLovesMusicals 2018-12-06 08:56:47

LxGstv said: "Desi Oakley’s Instagram post of October 2nd shows her with the Waitress sign after the tour wrap up...

It now has the caption:

"

that’s referring to lenne, who’s in the cast right now playing dawn. that’s not what they’re talking about in the post

Posted by hamiltonstradition 2018-12-06 08:57:03

MauraLovesMusicals said: "hamiltonstradition said: "Desi and Bryan?"

this seems to make the most sense. desi recently postedthat she is about to start a new project (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq-S72nFsd4/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet), and bryan even posted a picture of him with bryan and drew in the same rehearsal space, though he edited the post to say that they were not in rehearsing for the same show (https://www.instagram.com/p/BpqAKZLhs4X/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet).
the only thing that sets me off if the fact that the announcement photo is two condiment bottles, which is related to dawn..

"

They better not take Lenne away from us!!!

Posted by LxGstv 2018-12-06 08:57:56

LarryD2 said: "LxGstv said: "Desi Oakley’s Instagram post of October 2nd shows her with the Waitress sign after the tour wrap up...

It now has the caption:

"

She's talking about Lenne Klingaman, the original tour Dawn who is now in the Broadway production.
"

Ahh yes. Sorry then!

Agree with Maura above though, the caption makes it seems like a new Dawn/Ogie pair...

Posted by MauraLovesMusicals 2018-12-06 09:00:36

LxGstv said: "LarryD2 said: "LxGstv said: "Desi Oakley’s Instagram post of October 2nd shows her with the Waitress sign after the tour wrap up...

It now has the caption:

"

"

Ahh yes. Sorry then!

Agree with Maura above though, the caption makes it seems like a new Dawn/Ogie pair...
"

i’m really hoping they announce that jeremy morse is coming back, though that’s a pretty big stretch, seeing waitress’s trend of star casting to stay afloat. he’s the best ogie in my opinion, he’s a huge comedic powerhouse

Posted by andrewftw 2018-12-06 09:14:45

LxGstv said: "LarryD2 said: "LxGstv said: "Desi Oakley’s Instagram post of October 2nd shows her with the Waitress sign after the tour wrap up...

It now has the caption:

"

"

Ahh yes. Sorry then!

"

not necessarily, Jenna and Dawn go together... Lenne and Desi

Posted by MauraLovesMusicals 2018-12-06 09:17:30

andrewftw said: "LxGstv said: "LarryD2 said: "LxGstv said: "Desi Oakley’s Instagram post of October 2nd shows her with the Waitress sign after the tour wrap up...

It now has the caption:

"

"

Ahh yes. Sorry then!

"

not necessarily, Jenna and Dawn go together... Lenne and Desi
"

i could see that happening but is seems like a little bit of stretch

Posted by LarryD2 2018-12-06 09:20:59

It is very clear from the context of that particular picture that Desi is talking about Lenne going to Broadway. It was posted the same week it was announced that Lenne and Alex Wyse were joining the cast. 

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-12-06 10:11:15

David Cook postponed his weekly radio show yesterday for "last minute scheduling conflicts ". Maybe him as Ogie and David Archuleta as Pottamer,lol ?????? He did just join Cameo though and I saw some people got answered yesterday

Thinking about that recent Chris Mann theory I had on another thread .. He & his wife are good friends with Katie Lowes and Adam Shapiro (Wife is actually on the board of their theatre company ) and he saw them in the show when he was in NYC for a day for "work reasons ". Wife is back in Phantom through Mid January so I couldn't see them starting until February.... They'd be a good Ogie and Dawn. Chris also recently followed Sara on Instagram ...

Posted by WestEndGal 2018-12-06 11:28:53

Good for Desi if it's her, but I feel like if they were gonna go for Desi then they shoulda just gone for Stephanie Torns and given her a full go at being Jenna for a couple of months or more, and you know, let her have a playbill with her actual face on it lol! I feel like she deserves that opportunity. I think she's almost too good and reliable an understudy for Waitress and they don't want to lose that.

ETA: oh wait I see that the news is that Chris Fitzgerald is coming back as Ogie! lol

Posted by BroadwayConcierge 2018-12-06 11:36:09

They announced that Fitzgerald is coming back, but still no word on the next Jenna? I barely follow this show, but this is all coming out a bit strangely.

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-12-06 11:37:15

But the clue said "pair" so maybe Idina or Michelle Federer as Jenna since OBC of Wicked??

Posted by starcatchers 2018-12-06 11:37:51

I forgot that Alex Wyse was also leaving this weekend.

Posted by WestEndGal 2018-12-06 11:44:11

Unless someone has secretly been  rehearsing as Jenna, I can't see it being anyone other than either Stephanie or Desi, or maybe Sara again?

Posted by natashalost 2018-12-06 11:44:28

Christopher Fitzgerald will be returning to Waitress as Ogie begginging December 10, 2018

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Christopher-Fitzgerald-Returns-To-WAITRESS-December-10-20181206

Posted by WldKingdomHM 2018-12-06 11:50:46

MannPhan24601 said: "But the clue said "pair" so maybe Idina or Michelle Federer as Jenna since OBC of Wicked??"

Oh give me a break. A pair could mean anything....Frozen...Sideshow...anything

Posted by MarilynMonroeSmash 2018-12-06 11:59:58

MannPhan24601 said: "But the clue said "pair" so maybe Idina or Michelle Federer as Jenna since OBC of Wicked??"

What the f*ck?

Posted by MauraLovesMusicals 2018-12-06 12:02:57

MarilynMonroeSmash said: "MannPhan24601 said: "But the clue said "pair" so maybe Idina or Michelle Federer as Jenna since OBC of Wicked??"

What the f*ck?

"

yeah, that literally makes zero sense. they are just not the cast type at all and, in my opinion, they are way too old to play jenna.

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-12-06 12:22:50

Trying to think of other actors who have been affiliated with Fitzgerald. Anybody have any other ideas?? Totally forgot that Idina and Michelle Federer are both 45????????

Posted by theaterlyfe19 2018-12-06 12:29:45

I hate to say this because Waitress is one of my favorite musicals, but maybe they're banking on Chris to carry the show through the holidays with Stephanie as Jenna, and then it'll close?

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-12-06 12:32:20

But they said 2 people were getting announced

Posted by theaterlyfe19 2018-12-06 12:39:58

Ooo good point...hopefully it'll be announced by the end of today!

Posted by KathyNYC2 2018-12-06 12:50:08

natashalost said: "Christopher Fitzgerald will be returning to Waitress as Ogie begginging December 10, 2018

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Christopher-Fitzgerald-Returns-To-WAITRESS-December-10-20181206

"

December 10th is Monday. No show on Monday. I guess they mean the week of the 10th.

Posted by Catsbroadwayfan 2018-12-06 13:05:35

MannPhan you’re overthinking it.

Posted by natashalost 2018-12-06 13:10:18

The only person I can come up with is Megan Mullaly. Fitzgerald did Young Frankenstein with her. I’ve never heard her sing so I don’t know if she could do this part.

Posted by Catsbroadwayfan 2018-12-06 13:12:00

Where are you guys getting “pair” from??! It was no where in the BWW article. Mabye it was a typo.

Also, they would announce jenna first, not ogie.

Posted by starcatchers 2018-12-06 13:15:39

Catsbroadwayfan said: "Where are you guys getting “pair” from??! It was no where in the BWW article. Mabye it was a typo.

"

It’s on their Instagram.

Posted by MauraLovesMusicals 2018-12-06 13:17:47

Catsbroadwayfan said: "Where are you guys getting “pair” from??! It was no where in the BWW article. Mabye it was a typo.

Also, they would announce jenna first, not ogie”

in the post on instagram, they refer to “two diner bffs coming back”. they also need a new jenna cause nicolette is bowing out in a few days. maybe jessie mueller is coming back, though a friend told me that an usher said that jessie called understudies on for the end of her carousel run and they were pretty sure she was working on another project. 

a little off topic but i hear a lot that jessie can be quite....a prima donna. any stories on this?

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-12-06 13:17:51

It's on Waitress's social media posts

Posted by KathyNYC2 2018-12-06 13:18:21

"

And twitter. A picture of ketchup and mustard. 
"Two diner BFF's are joining the cast of Waitress"...and they go together like Ketchup and Mustard"

Posted by theaterlyfe19 2018-12-06 13:21:39

This is a random totally based off of nothing really thought but...Laura Osnes and Corey Cott?

Posted by Catsbroadwayfan 2018-12-06 13:21:48

Thanks guys! Well ketchup and mustard can only mean one thing.....

Kimiko!!!!!!

Posted by natashalost 2018-12-06 13:23:46

Catsbroadwayfan said: "Thanks guys! Well ketchup and mustard can only mean one thing.....

Kimiko!!!!!!
"

Is Lenne leaving? It does seem strange to me that Alex is leaving all the sudden as he only joined 2 months ago. 

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-12-06 13:24:37

I remember she left abruptly and they said she was going to come back but never did

Posted by MauraLovesMusicals 2018-12-06 13:26:58

theaterlyfe19 said: "This is a random totally based off of nothing really thought but...Laura Osnes and Corey Cott?"

i highly doubt it. the post seems to be saying that the two have been in the show together before. and i know laura had auditioned to be jenna before but it seems a little too random

Posted by Catsbroadwayfan 2018-12-06 13:27:21

It’s not a new jenna. They would need press shots and photos for her, and a big thing.

It would make sense to buy out Alex and Leanne, cause lets face it, who’s really going to see them.

Bring in Kimiko and Chris, see if that does a bump.

Or the most logical thought, it’s sarah and they close in januaray

Posted by MauraLovesMusicals 2018-12-06 13:29:14

Catsbroadwayfan said: "It’s not a new jenna. They would need press shots and photos for her, and a big thing.

It would make sense to buy out Alex and Leanne, cause lets face it, who’s really going to see them.

Bring in Kimiko and Chris, see if that does a bump.

Or the most logical thought, it’s sarah and they close in januaray
"

but they need a new jenna. they either announce a new one or announce that stephanie is taking over for the holiday season and it’s probably gonna be the former.

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-12-06 13:38:51

If they had a Jenna lined up, she would have been announced first.

Posted by KathyNYC2 2018-12-06 13:47:16

Bwayfan292 said: "If they had a Jenna lined up, she would have been announced first."

Not necessarily. Chris is starting next week. If new Jenna is planned for later on, they can announce it later on. There have often been breaks between Jenna’s and Stephanie goes on in the meantime. Wishing it could be Stephanie full time but I get you need a name to sell tickets. 

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-12-06 14:42:42

What the fvck is going on over at Waitress?  

Posted by GreeneStreet 2018-12-06 14:43:52

was alex bought out or....was he always supposed to have that short of a run.

Posted by starcatchers 2018-12-06 14:45:05

GreeneStreet said: "was alex bought out or....was he always supposed to have that short of a run."

He announced earlier last month that he would be leaving on 12/9. 

Posted by andrewftw 2018-12-06 14:45:32

I say if it’s BFFs like Ogie and Dawn, i say it’s either Kimiko or Caitlin.

Posted by GreeneStreet 2018-12-06 14:47:29

Posted by BroadwayConcierge 2018-12-06 14:52:24

Can they just close already...? It’s been long enough.

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-12-06 14:57:28

Maybe Jenna Uskowitz is coming back ??

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-12-06 14:58:55

BroadwayConcierge said: "Can they just close already...? It’s been long enough."

Agreed 100%

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-12-06 15:11:49

Saw that Sara B reposted the post with the caption "casting announcement ????????" so maybe 2 new people as Jenna and Pottamer?

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-12-06 15:15:47

My money is on a Sara/Closing notice

Posted by theaterlyfe19 2018-12-06 15:31:12

andrewftw said: "I say if it’s BFFs like Ogie and Dawn, i say it’s either Kimiko or Caitlin."

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Girl From The North Country is closing this weekend. If there's no Broadway plans (although there seem to be, but what do I know?), maybe Caitlin is the best bet for coming back as Dawn. But I can't believe they would have Lenne's run be so short. I have no idea who they could be building up to.

Some did tell me the person they have coming in for Jenna hasn't played the role before...supposedly. I don't know! At this point I feel like anything is possible. But I would never wish a closing on a show. There have been shows i don't like but I never wish a closing on them. Can we stop with that? It's like wishing people into unemployment.

Posted by natashalost 2018-12-06 15:33:28

theaterlyfe19 said: "andrewftw said: “But I would never wish a closing on a show. There have been shows i don't like but I never wish a closing on them. Can we stop with that? It's like wishing people into unemployment."

Completely agree. 

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-12-06 15:38:03

I noticed Meghan Linsey has a few concerts over the next few weeks but nothing past the 22nd. Maybe her finally coming in mid January ? She was supposed to replace Jessie but then got her spider bite.. 

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-12-06 15:40:04

Delete

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-12-06 15:40:26

theaterlyfe19 said: "But I would never wish a closing on a show. There have been shows i don't like but I never wish a closing on them. Can we stop with that? It's like wishing people into unemployment."

I hate this argument so much because it's flawed in so many ways.  Like many things in our culture now, we over generalize EVERYTHING.  If someone wants a show to close, they're wishing people were unemployed?

No.  If someone wishes a show to close, they wish the show to close.  There aren't an unlimited amount of Broadway theatres.  One could argue that a show staying open that has clearly run its course is taking the opportunity from a new fresh production to try it's luck.  

Waitress has run its course with audiences and artistically.  It's time to close your musical when your musical is bringing in Al Roker and can't find people to commit to playing leads without said people backing out at the last second.

Posted by Call_me_jorge 2018-12-06 16:02:51

Sondheimite said: "theaterlyfe19 said: "But I would never wish a closing on a show. There have been shows i don't like but I never wish a closing on them. Can we stop with that? It's like wishing people into unemployment."

I hate this argument so much because it's flawed in so many ways. Like many things in our culture now, we over generalizeEVERYTHING. If someone wants a show to close, they're wishing people were unemployed?

No. If someone wishes a show to close, they wish the show to close. There aren't an unlimited amount of Broadway theatres. One could argue that a show staying open that has clearly run its course is taking the opportunity from a new fresh production to try it's luck.

Waitress has run its course with audiences and artistically. It's time to close your musical when your musical is bringing in Al Roker and can't find people to commit to playing leads without said people backing out at the last second.

"

Totally agree. Also you can spin it the other way, where Waitress staying open is keeping another set of actors unemployed...

Posted by Call_me_jorge 2018-12-06 17:02:35

With Colton Ryan being announced for Alice by Heart I’m thinking Caitlin might be returning to Waitress. It seems Girl From the North Country is not moving to broadway.

Posted by Catsbroadwayfan 2018-12-06 17:11:09

It’s gonna be Caitlin and Chris. They were pretty good friends when they were in the cast together.

That will create a small hype and they can have more time to find a Jenna

Posted by little_sally 2018-12-06 17:12:22

Catsbroadwayfan said: "It’s gonna be Caitlin and Chris. They were pretty good friends when they were in the cast together.

That will create a small hype and they can have more time to find a Jenna
"

Will it really cause any hype? Christopher has spent more time in Waitress than he has out. 

Posted by starcatchers 2018-12-06 17:20:07

Their most recent post makes it sound as though Fitzgerald was not part of the “BFFs”. It says that it’ll be announced tomorrow. Could it be Sara and Jason returning?

Posted by MannPhan24601 2018-12-06 17:32:53

Breakfast so maybe people from The Breakfast club ??

Posted by GreeneStreet 2018-12-06 17:36:44

Again mannphan, overthinking it

Posted by starcatchers 2018-12-06 17:37:19

MannPhan24601 said: "Breakfast so maybe people from The Breakfast club ??"

That...seems a stretch.

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-12-06 18:51:24

Alright so, Lenne has confirmed she isn’t leaving.

Chris is one of the best friends, so im gonna assume the other announcement is mabye Earl? The actors playing Earl and Ogie share a dressing room?

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-12-06 18:57:42

Sorry to double post, but it does not look like Chris is apart of the “pair of bffs” since they announced him on their twitter then the bff post.

It’s not a new jenna, since someone commented “perfect now have stephanie torns be lead jenna!”

And chris commented “Yes!” So I don’t see why he would say yes if a new jenna is coming in.

And Leanne is not leaving.

So that leaves, Earl, Joise/Joe, Becky, Cal, and Dr. P left.

Posted by _(_)_/ 2018-12-06 19:07:08

Only one duo can save this show.

Only one duo is actual best friends.

Only one duo just finished all their concerts.

Only one duo is available.

Ladies and gentlemen, your next Dr. Potomer and Jenna are...

Darren criss and Lea michelle.

Posted by BroadwayConcierge 2018-12-06 19:09:47

Heard from a reliable source that Oak is the next Jenna.

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-12-06 19:11:59

Posted by LesWickedly 2018-12-06 19:19:48

Bwayfan292 said: "
It’s not a new jenna, since someone commented “perfect now have stephanie torns be lead jenna!”

And chris commented “Yes!” So I don’t see why he would say yes if a new jenna is coming in.

"

If it’s a big star coming in for Jenna then they’re most likely not starting this next week or else it would’ve been announced. I think it’s been pretty obvious that Stephanie will be doing at least a week or so of shows before the next Jenna. 

Posted by ACL2006 2018-12-06 19:37:14

well, we will know by Dec. 11 hopefully.

Posted by KathyNYC2 2018-12-06 20:15:11

Call_me_jorge said: "Sondheimite said: "theaterlyfe19 said: "But I would never wish a closing on a show. There have been shows i don't like but I never wish a closing on them. Can we stop with that? It's like wishing people into unemployment."

I hate this argument so much because it's flawed in so many ways. Like many things in our culture now, we over generalizeEVERYTHING. If someone wants a show to close, they're wishing people were unemployed?

No. If someone wishes a show to close, they wish the show to close. There aren't an unlimited amount of Broadway theatres. One could argue that a show staying open that has clearly run its course is taking the opportunity from a new fresh production to try it's luck.

Waitress has run its course with audiences and artistically. It's time to close your musical when your musical is bringing in Al Roker and can't find people to commit to playing leads without said people backing out at the last second.

"

Totally agree. Also you can spin it the other way, where Waitress staying open is keeping another set of actors unemployed...
"

I also hate this argument...so if people didn’t wish a show to close, you wouldn’t have it. No there are not unlimited broadway theaters, but quite a few will already be available at the end of the year. And It’s not like shows close and new shows jump in to the theaters immediately. Sometimes the theaters are dark for months and months and months.  Who the heck is that benefiting? There is nothing more depressing to me than an empty theater. How many people lost jobs when a theater is dark?

The show will close when it’s good and ready and saying you need to close a show when they have to resort to Al Roker disregards the fact that he actually wound up being pretty good and quite endearing in the role.

The show will close soon or it will NOT close soon...hopefully having nothing to do with people wishing. When they find something they think will be more profitable, it will probably close. In the meantime..it’s open.  I’m all for letting them enjoy the time they have. 

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-12-06 20:50:56

KathyNYC2 said: "There is nothing more depressing to me than an empty theater."

Posted by starcatchers 2018-12-06 23:03:42

_(•_&bull_/ said: "Only one duo can save this show.

"

Well, that sounds like an awful idea. 

Posted by BroadwayRox3588 2018-12-07 00:33:30

"

You're joking, right?

Posted by WestEndGal 2018-12-07 01:33:20

"

Wait, I thought Jonathan Groff was Lea’s BFF, lol! Ooooh I’d be down for Groff as Dr P!

I’d be interested to see Lea as Jenna actually. She’s got the chops for sure but I wonder if she has the sweetness you need for Jenna. Either of those pairings would be a box office dream for the show tho, which I guess is why they need now. 

Posted by bway_engineer 2018-12-07 10:22:15

Anyone have any idea as to when they’ll release? I know it’s supposed to be today based on the teaser pic (of eggs and bacon?) on the instagram.

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2018-12-07 10:32:07

People will be very happy when they make the announcement. VERY happy.

Posted by CT2NYC 2018-12-07 10:45:46

Is it happening right away, once they announce?

Posted by CT2NYC 2018-12-07 10:47:46

Is it happening right away, once they announce?

Posted by LizzieCurry 2018-12-07 11:01:31

http://www.playbill.com/article/sara-bareilles-will-return-to-broadways-waitress-opposite-tony-winner-gavin-creel

Posted by BroadwayConcierge 2018-12-07 11:01:37

Sara Bareilles is returning from January 7 to February 3, joined by Gavin Creel.

Posted by WldKingdomHM 2018-12-07 11:03:28

Yawnnnnnnnn

Posted by BroadwayConcierge 2018-12-07 11:05:10

So like... can they close on February 3?

Posted by Jordan Catalano 2018-12-07 11:12:01

I thought people would be excited by that.

Posted by BroadwayConcierge 2018-12-07 11:13:54

I'm always happy when Gavin gets booked! But this show is such a bore, I can't bring myself back to the Atkinson for it again (and I went back for Nicolette, who I thought was lovely).

Posted by smidge 2018-12-07 11:15:52

I’m very excited since I haven’t seen Bareilles yet. I grabbed 2 seats for $36 each with my Audience Rewards points.

Posted by funaviator 2018-12-07 11:17:27

I am trying to get tickets for this now.. but code does not work!! anyone .. please help

Posted by Itonlytakesajourney 2018-12-07 11:17:57

Excited for Gavin but Sara...again. They need the sales boost but she’s such a boring choice.

Posted by DAME 2018-12-07 11:18:58

Itonlytakesajourney said: "Excited for Gavin but Sara...again. They need the sales boost but she’s such a boring choice."

They are good friends.  So the casting makes sense.  I will be going back to the dinner.

Posted by Miles2Go2 2018-12-07 11:19:47

Have you tried going though the Broadway Box app?

Posted by funaviator 2018-12-07 11:26:42

broadway box or playbill discount does not work..crying

Posted by funaviator 2018-12-07 11:30:10

Both discount codes work for January 6.. but not after... oh well. Can't make the trip up with airfare and hotel without a break on ticket.... If anyone gets a code to work for Sara and Gavin please let me know ..Happy Friday

Posted by bwayoutdoors 2018-12-07 11:33:19

Thinking about getting tickets to their last show, do you think there's a chance they might extend beyond Feb 3?

Posted by Anshel2 2018-12-07 11:39:10

funaviator said: "Both discount codes work for January 6.. but not after... oh well. Can't make the trip up with airfare and hotel without a break on ticket.... If anyone gets a code to work for Sara and Gavin please let me know ..Happy Friday

"

PLAY3 discount code worked for me for 2/3.  Got my ticket.

Posted by Hairspray0901 2018-12-07 11:40:43

I jumped on audience rewards as fast as I could and snagged 2 for January 10. I can’t wait!!!

Posted by ren598 2018-12-07 11:48:35

I should have seen this coming.  Gavin was the featured guest at ExtraOrdinary last week at Cambridge A.R.T.  He sang both She Used To Be Mine and Bad Idea with Elizabeth Stanley.  I find it interesting that both Gavin and his boyfriend Henry Gottfried will have played Dr. Pomatter on Broadway.  Not sure if Henry is still understudying the role.

Posted by WestEndGal 2018-12-07 12:07:00

bwayoutdoors said: "Thinking about getting tickets to their last show, do you think there's a chance they might extend beyond Feb 3?"

Waitress London previews start on 9th Feb I think so I would think Sara might want to be available that month for promo stuff.

Posted by KathyNYC2 2018-12-07 12:10:55

ren598 said: "I should have seen this coming. Gavin was the featured guest at ExtraOrdinary last week at Cambridge A.R.T. He sang both She Used To Be Mine and Bad Idea with Elizabeth Stanley. I find it interesting that both Gavin and his boyfriend Henry Gottfried will have played Dr. Pomatteron Broadway. Not sure if Henry is still understudying the role."

Henry has not been in the cast since Sept 2017 except for two weeks in August 2018 when Erich left and Drew had not returned yet. 

Posted by gleek4114 2018-12-07 12:13:00

Anyone have any other discount leads? Even the PLAY3 one isn't working for me. Trying to get two for January 7th.

Posted by Danielle49 2018-12-07 12:18:28

It says in the BroadwayBox fine print that the code doesn’t work 1/7-2/3. But it’s working for me on 2/3...I just want a Thursday or Friday night in January, not their final performance.

I’ve never seen Waitress as the stunt casting never grabbed me. I’d love to see Gavin Creel, but $89 is so steep for rear mezz. I’ll probably wait it out for rush or SRO.

Posted by ren598 2018-12-07 12:22:36

KathyNYC2 said: "ren598 said: "I should have seen this coming. Gavin was the featured guest at ExtraOrdinary last week at Cambridge A.R.T. He sang both She Used To Be Mine and Bad Idea with Elizabeth Stanley. I find it interesting that both Gavin and his boyfriend Henry Gottfried will have played Dr. Pomatteron Broadway. Not sure if Henry is still understudying the role."

Henry has not been in the cast since Sept 2017 except for two weeks in August 2018 when Erich left and Drew hadnot returned yet.
"

Thanks KathyNYC2.  That makes sense since I did see Henry in the audience at Cambridge A.R.T. last Tuesday night.  If he was still with the show, he probably wouldn't have been there.

Posted by mailhandler777 2018-12-07 12:35:09

I'll be seeing the tour instead which is selling like crazy the city I'm going to. Already saw Sara in her first run and really not a huge Creel fan.

Posted by InTheBathroom1 2018-12-07 12:38:37

I didn’t think it was possible to not be a Creel fan.

Posted by GreeneStreet 2018-12-07 12:47:23

Posted by WestEndGal 2018-12-07 13:07:50

KathyNYC2 said: "ren598 said: "I should have seen this coming. Gavin was the featured guest at ExtraOrdinary last week at Cambridge A.R.T. He sang both She Used To Be Mine and Bad Idea with Elizabeth Stanley. I find it interesting that both Gavin and his boyfriend Henry Gottfried will have played Dr. Pomatteron Broadway. Not sure if Henry is still understudying the role."

Henry has not been in the cast since Sept 2017 except for two weeks in August 2018 when Erich left and Drew hadnot returned yet.
"

When I saw the show in Aug he was the Dr P. Nice voice but didn’t seem old enough for the role idk 

Posted by Bwayfan292 2018-12-07 14:04:56

I mean... I’m not that excited, but it’s going to get them through the winter months.

Posted by ACL2006 2018-12-07 14:09:29

Are we to assume Torns is playing Jenna from Dec. 11 - Jan. 5?

Posted by michael122 2018-12-07 14:33:19

Stephanie Torns will assume the role of Jenna from Dec 11 - Jan 5.

Brandon Kalm will be Dr. P from December 27-Jan 3rd

Posted by BroadwayRox3588 2018-12-07 14:35:43

InTheBathroom1 said: "I didn’t think it was possible to not be a Creel fan."

You see, there are these things called opinions...

Posted by Robbie2 2018-12-07 14:39:16

Bwayfan292 said: "I mean... I’m not that excited, but it’s going to get them through the winter months."

True and close to 100% capacity during the worst month of the season even with 2-4-1 Broadway week 1/21/19 - 2/10/19

Posted by ACL2006 2018-12-07 18:09:45

but do the producers opt to close the show on a high note with these two? Or do they drag it out through the Spring & [possibly] summer with some Broadway names?

Posted by jbird5 2018-12-07 18:25:30

ACL2006 said: "but do the producers opt to close the show on a high note with these two? Or do they drag it out through the Spring & [possibly] summer with some Broadway names?"

They are the same producers who run Chicago.  What do you think?

Posted by gleek4114 2018-12-07 18:38:10

Just wanted to check in to see if anyone had any luck finding a valid discount code? The buy one get one for $10 SHOULD be working, but isn't. Also its quite strange that the PLAY3 code only works for 2/3.

Posted by GreeneStreet 2018-12-07 18:40:54

The problem Waitress is going to face, (and who knows mabye it will be this run) is that Sara is not going to be able to sell the show anymore. Everyone who has wanted to see her, has at this point.

When you have about 3 Jenna’s drop in a month, something isn’t right..

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-12-07 18:43:00

GreeneStreet said: "The problem Waitress is going to face, (and who knows mabye it will be this run) is that Sara is not going to be able to sell the show anymore. Everyone who has wanted to see her, has at this point.

"

100% well said.

I've been closely following Broadway for a long time.  I've had people slipping me inside information for half a decade.  And I've never EVER heard of as many people dropping out of a show as I have with Waitress.

Something's up with it, something's not right with it.  And I don't *think* it's all about the cheap producers.  I mean... a lot of these "names" got within a week of performances and then dropped out, price would have already been negotiated by that point.

Something is amiss in the pie shop.  

Posted by rcwr 2018-12-07 18:46:24

Is anyone named Lovett?

Posted by Hairspray0901 2018-12-07 19:07:08

GreeneStreet said: "The problem Waitress is going to face, (and who knows mabye it will be this run) is that Sara is not going to be able to sell the show anymore. Everyone who has wanted to see her, has at this point.

"

I saw Sara in June 2017 and got tickets to see her again this time around. (But, I'm sure this is very rare lol). Also very excited to see Gavin, though. 

Who are the 3 Jenna's you are referring to?

Posted by andrewftw 2018-12-07 19:20:39

Hairspray0901 said: "GreeneStreet said: "The problem Waitress is going to face, (and who knows mabye it will be this run) is that Sara is not going to be able to sell the show anymore. Everyone who has wanted to see her, has at this point.

"

I saw Sara in June 2017 and got tickets tosee her again this time around. (But, I'm sure this is very rare lol).Also very excited to see Gavin, though.

Who are the 3 Jenna's you are referring to?
"

I believe Caissie Levy, Anna Kendrick and another

Posted by natashalost 2018-12-07 19:21:30

So excited about this! Ever since I heard Gavin sing at the Waitress London press event I've been dreaming about him in this role! 

Here's the Waitress London press event with Gavin and Sara singing songs from the show. They sound great together!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWmXb7KoNk0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FL5Az7Xo4o

Posted by adamgreer 2018-12-07 19:34:00

Sondheimite said: "GreeneStreet said: "The problem Waitress is going to face, (and who knows mabye it will be this run) is that Sara is not going to be able to sell the show anymore. Everyone who has wanted to see her, has at this point.

"

100% well said.

I've been closely following Broadway for a long time. I've had people slipping me inside information for half a decade. And I've never EVER heard of as many people dropping out of a show as I have with Waitress.

Something's up with it, something's not right with it. And I don't *think* it's all about the cheap producers. I mean... a lot of these "names" got within a week of performances and then dropped out, price would have already been negotiated by that point.

"

It’s the notoriously cheap Wei$$lers at the helm. What other explanation is necessary? 

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-12-07 19:40:28

rcwr said: "Something is amiss in the pie shop.

Is anyone named Lovett?
"

Well, neither can get any **** popped into their pies... so yes!  

Posted by TheCooler 2018-12-08 21:24:01

No question, in my opinion, it is very odd that Nicolette is leaving the show this weekend and she wasnt extended until Sara is back.   And although Torns might be a great Jenna, to have the understudy lead the show through the most important weeks of the year..is strange.  leads me to believe that either Nicolette wasnt happy or she was let go because of weak ticket sales.  Not sure what is going on with all the Jenna's leaving the show, but it is definitely not good for ticket sales.

Based on current numbers, as others have said already, I think this is the end of the line for Waitress.  I think Sara will lead the show to the end of its broadway run . Whether or not she extends, is probably based on demand.  

Posted by Sondheimite 2018-12-08 21:46:18

Nicolette had interests in a certain doctor coming in who fell through.  

Posted by natashalost 2018-12-09 00:41:10

Sondheimite said: "Nicolette had interests in a certain doctor coming in who fell through."

The only person I can see this being true for is Leslie Odom, Jr. Why would she leave the show she's making her Broadway debut in, especially when she's playing a coveted role like Jenna when there's a chance to extend just because the person she wanted to play opposite didn't end up coming in? The only time I could see this being true for is if her husband was that person and something went down between him and the producers. 

Posted by poisonivy2 2018-12-09 01:03:43

Leaving aside Jenna I'm stunned at the turnover for the rest of the cast. Yes I know some members like Dakin Matthews moved on to TKAM and Caitlin Houlahan is now in Girl From North Country but usually long-running shows have long-running ensemble or supporting cast members but the turnover for these cast members is as dizzying as the number of Jennas that fell through. Something weird is definitely going on at the diner.

Posted by WestEndGal 2018-12-09 13:19:41

natashalost said: "Sondheimite said: "Nicolette had interests in a certain doctor coming in who fell through."

The only person I can see this being true for is Leslie Odom, Jr. Why would she leave the show she's making her Broadway debut in, especially when she's playing a coveted role like Jenna when there's a chance to extend just because the person she wanted to play opposite didn't end up coming in? The only time I could see this being true for is if her husband was that person and something went down between him and the producers.
"

Maybe they wanted her to extend on less money or smtg and she wasn’t willing to do so, which is understandable. Or maybe she just didn’t want to perform through the Xmas period. She’s already extended twice.

Posted by Catsbroadwayfan 2018-12-09 13:30:27

There is something weird going on. Kimiko dipped out pretty suddenly, they can’t keep a Becky for more then 6 months, countless names have dropped.

I wonder what it is?

Posted by jae_lynn13 2018-12-09 16:06:55

Waitress has definitely been an interesting show to follow casting wise, and we've seen a fair share of Dr. Pomatter's and Jenna's. I think that after Sara and Gavin's run, it would be for the best if the show were to close since it seems the only way they've been able to keep running is by casting big names. I'm really excited to see how Gavin does as Dr. Pomatter; I've been thinking about this ever since he previewed some songs with Sara in 2015! Interested to see what will happen after February 3rd...