Printer Friendly - Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by dramamama611 2017-12-05 22:39:22

Just watched the first 3 episodes on Amazon...and wow, what a fun and thought provoking show!  Loving it!

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by Andy51 2017-12-05 22:44:29

Agreed!  A very smart and delightful show.  Rachel Brosnahan is a great talent.  So glad I got to see her up close performing in Othello at the NYTW last season.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by henrikegerman 2017-12-06 11:22:38

The show is all out wonderful.  Beautiful to look at and very fine writing.  I'd say I'm falling in love with Brosnahan but really I'm falling in love with the whole cast.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by dramamama611 2017-12-06 17:04:28

^Exactly!  And the music is amazing, too.   It's the whole package and gift wrapped with a whole lotta love.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by henrikegerman 2017-12-06 19:57:49

The music!  My God, the music!   And I love that they shift to retro contemporary over the end credits - brilliant.   

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by dramamama611 2017-12-09 06:57:08

Awww.....now I an so sad. I've watched the last episode. A second season has already been ordered, but no hint as to when it will be released.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by Taryn 2017-12-11 23:53:37

Halfway through and loving it! Loved catching Sutton's "I Enjoy Being A Girl" in Ep 5.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by John Adams 2017-12-12 09:10:07

It was fun to see Tony Shalhoub and Katrina Lenk appear in the same episode (Ep. 7).

I am LOVING how Tony Shaloub is playing the father. His is the performance I'm enjoying the most of the very talented cast.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by Mister Matt 2017-12-12 10:36:09

I'm only two episodes in and it's like watching a particularly brilliant comedic play on Broadway.  There were a couple of scenes we had to re-watch a few times because they were so hilariously directed and edited.  The past few years feels like a television renaissance, delivering some of the greatest shows and/or performances I've ever seen: Orphan Black, Veep, Sense8, Stranger Things, The Leftovers, The Handmaid's Tale, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Happy Valley (UK), Mum (UK), Broadchurch (UK), The Missing (UK) and many others I'm sure I haven't even started yet.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by henrikegerman 2017-12-15 13:14:51

This was a perfect season of a perfect tv series.   Am I the only one who thought, "This is like Woody Allen and Neil Simon at their very best only light years better?"
Tony Shalhoub is irresistible.  Justine Lupe in just a few scenes is a knockout.  Marin Hinkle couldn't make a false acting move if her life depended on it and somehow through it all remains astonishingly glamorous.   Jane Lynch is a goddess.  Alex Borstein, Alex Borstein, thank the universe for Alex Borstein!
The direction is every bit as good as the art direction which is every bit as good as the world class writiing.

And then there is Rachel Brosnahan who is at once a throwback to Lombard, Sullivan, Arthur and Goddard and the classic funny leading lady for our own time that we've long been waiting for.

Did I gush?
No apologies, every word is true.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by henrikegerman 2017-12-15 13:15:56

oh and Michael Zegen... woof!

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by dramamama611 2017-12-15 13:23:42

LOVE Marin Hinkle.  I really only knew her from Speechless, where I don't really like her - so I was AMAZED at her performance in this!   LOVE her.

And gush away, I do every chance I can.   

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by @z5 2017-12-15 21:59:55

Anyone know is a second season has been ordered? loving this show

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by dramamama611 2017-12-16 00:31:46

See comment #6, but yes.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by Call_me_jorge 2018-12-28 10:46:43

Anyone watch season 2?

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by juice23 2018-12-28 14:32:15

Watching it now... a little more than halfway through. It is incredible. Alex Borstein's opening scene in the 2nd episode had me crying from laughing (when she is in the apartment all alone reading the note from Miriam).

My only complaint is that I want more standup scenes from Midge! The entire Catskills arc was incredible, especially all the gags with Susie and her plunger.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by dramamama611 2018-12-28 15:52:27

I binged the whole season in the first 72 hours it was released.  Thought it continued to be wonderful, except for the final episode, which I thought dragged a bit - but ended up in a great place.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by ArtMan 2018-12-28 20:07:37

dramamama611 said: "LOVE Marin Hinkle. I really only knew her from Speechless, where I don't really like her - so I was AMAZED at her performance in this! LOVE her.

And gush away, I do every chance I can.
"

Dramamama, The name Marin Hinkle seemed familiar to me.  I did a search and immediately recognized her.  If you ever watched Two And A Half Men, she played Alan's ex and mother of Jake for the entire run.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by ArtMan 2018-12-28 20:07:37

double

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by dramamama611 2018-12-28 20:59:21

Nope, never watched it.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by BenElliott 2019-01-05 17:21:48

This is seriously my favorite show out there right now. I thought the second season was even better than the first. Hopefully it'll only get better with the third. The options for this show really are endless.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by NYadgal 2019-01-07 15:43:50

I was thrilled with Rachel Brosnahan’s Golden Globe win.   I only wish it had swept the other categories.

The second season was perfect.   I wanted to simultaneously binge-watch and savor it.

Waiting for Season 3 will not be easy.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by dunebuddy 2019-01-07 19:50:00

Finished Season 2 last week.  As much as I loved last season, this one is even better.  The two episodes in the Catskills was hilarious.  And, wow, did Marin Hinkle shine during the Paris story.  This is such a beautifully styled show is every degree - the sets, costumes, music are all amazing.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
Posted by SweetLips22 2019-01-09 02:53:29

I love the music,sets, costumes but I need subtitles. When the families were screaming talking over the top of each other-often-my ears can't adjust to the Jewish/American accent to absorb what is being said-so-will wait for the subtitles.

Same with Bodyguard-even had to put that one aside and don't get me started about The Killing of GV--what a f...up that was--an hour was glorious and Mr Glee and GV and Dona were outstanding. [sorry Mrs M--no not Mrs Mineva--heard that and that made me laugh].