Printer Friendly - re: re: re: Is this old news?

Is this old news?
Posted by alterego 2004-02-01 08:37:55

Just watching MTV (Australia 1st Feb) and there was a story that Kelly Osborne has an audition this week for Hairspray. I know that this has been spoken of here previously, so is this a new story or an old one. It was the first screening of this particular show .

re: Is this old news?
Posted by Elphie 2004-02-01 09:07:35

Who the hell is she going to be?

re: re: Is this old news?
Posted by CapnHook 2004-02-01 10:27:41

There was a LONG post about this issue earlier.

She was to go for Tracy.

re: re: re: Is this old news?
Posted by cbrown828 2004-02-01 11:23:25

yahhhh please say it's not true! crazyformatt would love this idea.

re: re: re: re: Is this old news?
Posted by BrdwyThtr 2004-02-01 12:30:22

Please, NO!!!!!!!!!

re: re: re: re: re: Is this old news?
Posted by Crazy4MattMorrison52 2004-02-01 14:24:55

please yes.

re: re: re: re: re: re: Is this old news?
Posted by Gothampc 2004-02-01 14:26:54

Has she ever worked a day in her life? I don't think she has the discipline to do 8 shows a week.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Is this old news?
Posted by JakeB 2004-02-01 16:43:34

I was watching The Osbournes the other day and I realised what her problem is - she's so self obsessed. Whenever she's talking to other people about what they've been doing she seems to switch off and then moan about herself again. Very spoilt.. my least favourite Osbourne 'character'.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Is this old news?
Posted by b-waygirl 2004-02-01 16:50:19

i have mixed feelings about her. did you see the episode where she was doing stuff for her cd and all the stress and stuff got too much for her and she started screaming at everybody who came near her? what i thought was incredibly stupid was that she had like at least 3 people working for her, as well as full support from parents who knew what they were doing. there are people far worse off who have made it to the top of the charts. also, she was particularly screaming at everyone who tried to comfort or help her. she's a b*tchy little brat. if she gets onto hairspray then i will start screaming and acting like her. i will also plot to murder the producers of hairspray.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Is this old news?
Posted by Fiyero5 2004-02-01 18:23:29

She is a little brattttt. STAY AWAY!

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Is this old news?
Posted by bestofbroadway 2004-02-01 19:03:01

Is it just me or does it sound like Kelly could play that Amber girl.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Is this old news?
Posted by StateOfJade 2004-02-01 19:24:45

Hahah that's fantastic. Sad, but fantastic. I can picture that.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Is this old news?
Posted by TheGirlinTheFrock 2004-02-01 20:56:14

Not going into her personality .. i dont think she could handle the part talent wise

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Is this old news?
Posted by PennyLou 2004-02-01 21:01:26

UM no. If Kelly is put into the role Of Tracy I'm so done. It has nothing to do with her personlity I just really don't think shou could handle the role. She's only done a little singin for rock type albums that isn't enought training to be on a Broadway show. Also didn't she refuse to dance for her videos? Um,one of the most important things to tracy is dancing!

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Is this old news?
Posted by newyorkuniq 2004-02-01 21:27:39

I don't think it's right for you to judge someone you have only seen on "reality tv" cuz we all know how real that is..hah.. We have also never really heard her sing other than rock. You people think MJW was any better? hahahahahaha common give the girl a chance.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Is this old news?
Posted by Crazy4MattMorrison52 2004-02-01 21:43:59

yeah i do think mjw was great. i also think shes the best tracy yet. but i also would like ko to be tracy.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Is this old
Posted by alterego 2004-02-01 21:51:43

I guess she would bring a bit of 'star power' to the show for a couple of months over summer. I wouldn't want to be the person with the job of putting her in though.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Is this old
Posted by Mistress_Spouzic 2004-02-02 02:46:49

I would not want to see her in Hairspray either.

-Christina