Printer Friendly - Sleep No More is AMAZING

Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted by Katurian2 2011-07-02 17:25:16

There are some pretty comprehensive lists out there of songs used in the show and also in the Maderlay bar....

Is That All There Is? - Peggy Lee
Moonlight Becomes You - Bing Crosby
Moonlight Serenade - The Glenn Miller Band
Vertigo Theme

Songs covered in the bar:
- It's Only a Paper Moon
- Summertime
- Stormy Weather
- (Why Not) Take All of Me
- Blue Moon
- My Funny Valentine
- Night and Day
- Route 66
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow
- How the Moon

(The Annie Darcy band in the bar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSQHL8jLbMU)

Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted by anemone 2011-07-14 13:22:30

so I saw SNM a 2nd time 4 days ago, and I still can't stop thinking about it. it was just as magical as the first time, and I can't wait to see it again next week :) (and I feel there are more coming. I'm totally one of those who wanna follow every character and see as many scenes as possible).

**SPOILERS abound bellow***

the first time I saw no actors for the first 35-40 minutes, then ran into the Macduffs and the Macbeths, followed them (mostly the Lady MD and MB) around on and off, and so got a lot of the Macbeth story. I missed all the killings, the rave scene, and didn't get any 1-on-1s.

this time around, except for the Ball dancing and the Banquet, everything I saw was new. one cycle I followed the Sexy Witch for almost the entire cycle (and got a 1-on-1 with her through the Narnia door, and multiple other interactions with her), so I got a lot of the Witches scenes where they're all together, including the Lobby scene where they're drinking, the 1st prophecy with MAcbeth on the rception desk, and 2nd prophecy/rave scene. I also got Duncan's and Banquo's deaths, and a few other scenes I'd missed the first time: Duncan praying in the chapel; Duncan and Malcolm getting ready for the Ball; the Bald Witch giving Banquo his prophecy in the little Tomb room right next to the Ballroom (where Duncan's body is taken after his death..)

I have a few questions:

- as I said, I followed the Sexy Witch for almost an entire cycle. i only lost her toward the very end of the cycle - after her amazing solo dance in the replica bar (which was right after the 2nd prophecy/rave scene) (I, for some reason, stayed in the bar after her dance and watched Hecate and Agnes i.e. 2nd Mrs DeWinters interaction that ends with Hecate collecting Agnes' tears and feeding them to the Speakeasy Barman).
could anyone fill me in as to what the Sexy Witch does after her solo dance until the Banquet scene? I heard someone mention that at some point the Speakeasy Barman proposes to the Sexy Witch - is that when this happens? where?
- I missed Macbeth 'killing' Lady Macduff, and the ensuing fight between Macbeth and Macduff again. when and where does this happen?
- who is J Fulton? - I saw his character in the cast list, but I've no idea who he's supposed to represent in the plot, and what scenes he was in?
- are the Taylor, the Taxidermist, and the guy performing the Autopsy on the Sexy Witch and Duncan the same actor?

thanks a lot!

next time (this Tuesday) I'm following Malcolm, 2nd Mrs Dewinters, and Hecate, as I've barely seen any scenes with them

thanks!!

Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted by Klubby 2011-08-12 15:58:56

Wow.

I saw this August 5 and just purchased tickets for August 27.

I. Am. Obsessed.

I am thankful to have found this thread and hear everyone's stories. It is quite amazing the vast amount experiences everyone can have and it will never, ever be the same.

I was a bit scared at first since I was in the very first group in the elevator and dumped onto a floor and I wasn't sure where to go or what to do. I ran into the "tent" with the pillows... kept on meandering and the next thing I knew, I was watching multiple characters in the ballroom dancing. I watched Lady MacDuff get hammered and as the party broke up, I decided to follow her. The building was pretty empty so I was alone with her on most of this journey into her home. By the time we got there, several other people were in the room with us. She took me by the face and locked me into that little alter/closet room. Amazing experience. I was shaking because I did NOT know what to expect and was awfully excited to have the one-on-one.

I met the friend I went with about halfway through in the bar. He was lucky enough to figure out who Macbeth was right away and followed him through his track the entire first hour. He is also a huge fan of Macbeth and knew exactly what was happening. I know the story of Macbeth but since I could not figure out who was who at ALL, I was lost! He gave me some pointers on when/where to find some of the main characters but I completely lost track of time. By the time I figured out which actors were playing the main characters, the place was jam-packed and mobs of people were following them. *sigh*

My advice to those who want to follow the main characters is to go early and follow them that first hour. I plan on doing this the 27th so I can see more of the "main" story... then take the rest of the time to follow the other characters and see less-known scenes to stay away from the mob.

The downers for me were, as stated before from others, the couples and groups trying to stay together, holding hands and blocking hallways and stairwells. There were also some rude peeps checking their phones, texting, taking off their masks and some even talking which really takes you out of the amazing atmosphere. Turn off your phone and put it away. It's only 3 hours people. :)

That all being said, this is probably the single most amazing experience I have ever had in my life. I wish I made more money. I would be going much more often!

Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted by Klubby 2011-08-12 16:00:50

Wow.

I. Am. Obsessed.

I am thankful to have found this thread and hear everyone's stories. It is quite amazing the vast amount experiences everyone can have and it will never, ever be the same.

I was a bit scared at first since I was in the very first group in the elevator and dumped onto a floor and I wasn't sure where to go or what to do. I ran into the "tent" with the pillows... kept on meandering and the next thing I knew, I was watching multiple characters in the ballroom dancing. I watched Lady MacDuff get hammered and as the party broke up, I decided to follow her. The building was pretty empty so I was alone with her on most of this journey into her home. By the time we got there, several other people were in the room with us. She took me by the face and locked me into that little alter/closet room. Amazing experience. I was shaking because I did NOT know what to expect and was awfully excited to have the one-on-one.

I met the friend I went with about halfway through in the bar. He was lucky enough to figure out who Macbeth was right away and followed him through his track the entire first hour. He is also a huge fan of Macbeth and knew exactly what was happening. I know the story of Macbeth but since I could not figure out who was who at ALL, I was lost! He gave me some pointers on when/where to find some of the main characters but I completely lost track of time. By the time I figured out which actors were playing the main characters, the place was jam-packed and mobs of people were following them. *sigh*

My advice to those who want to follow the main characters is to go early and follow them that first hour. I plan on doing this the 27th so I can see more of the "main" story... then take the rest of the time to follow the other characters and see less-known scenes to stay away from the mob.

The downers for me were, as stated before from others, the couples and groups trying to stay together, holding hands and blocking hallways and stairwells. There were also some rude peeps checking their phones, texting, taking off their masks and some even talking which really takes you out of the amazing atmosphere. Turn off your phone and put it away. It's only 3 hours people. :)

That all being said, this is probably the single most amazing experience I have ever had in my life. I wish I made more money. I would be going much more often!

Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted by Klubby 2011-08-12 16:08:48

Wow.

I. Am. Obsessed.

Sleep No More is AMAZING
Posted by Katurian2 2011-09-14 16:08:42

Has anyone been recently to check out the new merchandise? I wasn't planning on going again, but I'd really like to get a hold of the book the have. If any BWWers are going again soon, I'd pay you + a bit extra (via Paypal) if you'd pick up a copy & ship it!

Also in more rumors, heard that they might be doing special 'theme nights' on the week of Halloween, and thus tickets aren't onsale to the gen public yet. Might be a good reason to head back if you haven't been in a while.