Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for SmoothLover

SmoothLover Profile Photo
Member Name: SmoothLover
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

RIP Bob Avian, Age 83  Jan 23 2021, 04:22:12 PM

So many New Yorkers move down to FL to retire. They call it the 6th borough. M

Cheyenne Jackson role for broadway return  Jan 23 2021, 04:19:56 PM

Lincoln Center Theatre did a reading of it recently for a fund raiser with Lin Manuel Miranda and Bart directed it. Queerty ran an Instagram photo of Cheyenne this week where he seemed to have lost some weight which was impressive given that most of us have gained it during Covid.

https://www.queerty.com/cheyenne-jacksons-spread-simon-dunns-sweets-noah-becks-chest-

Cheyenne Jackson role for broadway return  Jan 23 2021, 04:57:38 AM

The reviews would have nothing to do with the casting. Unfortunately it is the script.  Call Your Mother suffers from the same thing. The Mayor probably works the best of the three. All three comedies rely on experienced actors to tug the boat. I am interested to see the Don Johnson comedy next month. In this time of covid my expectations have been lowered and there is so little to watch unless you are streaming. That being said....Cheyenne comes off well and is not trying too hard.

RIP Bob Avian, Age 83  Jan 22 2021, 03:58:57 PM

How long did he live in Florida?

The New York Times Moulin Rouge and COVID  Jan 22 2021, 09:06:36 AM

I am diverting a bit from the article,  but I think The show must go on has changed somewhat over the years. Actors now take lead roles with a guarantee that they will be able to take 1 or 2 shows off a week. And swings and understudies can easily cover cast members who call in sick or need to tend to family issues. I think audience members now go to the theatre holding their breath that their favorite performer will not be out for the show they are attending. But I agree that many perfo

Cheyenne Jackson role for broadway return  Jan 22 2021, 05:28:56 AM
Hopefully they will let him sing more. I suspect they will given there is a piano in the bar. It would be a shame not to take advantage of his voice. I still think of him in Most Happy Fella at City Center.

Cheyenne Jackson role for broadway return  Jan 22 2021, 01:48:39 AM

I think Cheyenne is charming in Call Me Kat. His relaxed approach suits him. I think he has been working with an acting coach;  just a feeling I have. Maturity suits him as well. 

Best/Worst Celebrities that went onto Broadway  Jan 22 2021, 01:39:05 AM

I really think they should consider Claire Crawley for  Chicago.

2021 Broadway Season (for now)  Jan 15 2021, 12:13:22 AM

What about City Center?

RIP Marcus D’Amico  Jan 9 2021, 04:14:23 AM

Remember when he kissed Billy Campbell on Tales In The City and it created a bomb scare.

Laura Osnes & Aaron Tveit sing 'Winter Wonderland' to promote their new Hallmark 'Holiday' movie on Oct. 31  Jan 3 2021, 11:43:32 PM

Good for him. I will look forward to seeing it. He is adorable.

Todd Michael Smith RIP  Jan 1 2021, 10:44:29 PM

How did Todd die? He was not very old.

RIP Dawn Wells  Jan 1 2021, 04:08:01 PM

ArtMan said: "SmoothLover said: "ArtMan said: "SmoothLover said: "I wonder if she did Dinner Theatre as well..."

She appeared at our dinner theatre in 2017 as Ouiser in Steel Magnolias.
"

So you must live in Florida. WhenI read your posts I imagined you lived in NYC.
"

?? I've stated multiple times on here that I live In Jacksonville, Florida.
"

I apologize. I do not know how I

RIP Dawn Wells  Dec 31 2020, 10:05:21 PM

ArtMan said: "SmoothLover said: "I wonder if she did Dinner Theatre as well..."

She appeared at our dinner theatre in 2017 as Ouiser in Steel Magnolias.
"

So you must live in Florida. When I read your posts I imagined you lived in NYC.

RIP Dawn Wells  Dec 31 2020, 02:57:19 PM

I wonder if she did Dinner Theatre as well...

RIP Dawn Wells  Dec 30 2020, 03:52:30 PM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dawn-wells-mary-ann-gilligans-island-death-covid-19/ 

I grew up on and loved Gilligan’ Island. RIP

RIP Marcus D’Amico  Dec 29 2020, 07:15:06 PM

Loved him so much in Tales of the City. RIP
https://www.queerty.com/marcus-damico-original-mouse-tales-city-dies-aged-55-20201229

Plays set in a subway?  Dec 29 2020, 03:20:43 AM

Subways Are For Sleeping a 1961 musical.

Producer Roger Berlind dead at 90  Dec 25 2020, 11:37:45 AM

What a full and life filled with tragic adversity and exciting theatrical projects.

“Hamilton”, “The Prom”, and “The Boys In The Band” during Awards Season  Dec 24 2020, 08:11:02 PM

The Golden Globe Musical/Comedy categories always have some lightweight nominations so anything is possible as long as film qualifies. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.