Profile for Dionysus3

Dionysus3 Profile Photo
Member Name: Dionysus3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? Announces Broadway Closing  Mar 21 2020, 11:45:03 AM
This was expected, but still gutting. I was so excited to see this.

Which shows will Covid-19 end?  Mar 21 2020, 12:56:06 AM
Most of them, probably.

Van Hove's Shining  Mar 1 2020, 03:44:25 PM
Inject this into my veins. Yes.

Andy Cohen shades CHICAGO  Mar 1 2020, 01:18:24 PM
Buy your own tickets, dude. Christ.

Tax the rich into oblivion.

Greg Kinnear as Aticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird  Feb 25 2020, 06:22:25 PM
I’m a bit surprised so many people seem excited for this casting, here and elsewhere. Kinnear doesn’t seem to have the gravitas necessary for the role. I’ve always found his style somewhat smarmy and hokey. But go Greg

Greg Kinnear as Aticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird  Feb 25 2020, 04:31:36 PM
That is certainly a choice.

What would you see if you had a time machine and tickets to 3 shows?  Jan 23 2020, 08:42:23 PM

Dutchman at the Cherry Lane, 1964

West Side Story OBC

Our lord and savior Uta Hagen and the OBC on opening night of Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

The Band's Visit Seating Question  Jan 22 2020, 12:57:00 PM

copathetiic said: "jr88 said: "I’m looking at partial (side) view tickets for the touring production of The Band’s Visit. My question is do I miss more action by sitting house right (stage left) or house left (stage right)? I have the option of either. From other commenters, it sounds like I want to sit as close to stage as I can.

Thanks in advance!
"

There’s a lot of action on the left side of the stage so house right is your

Jeremy O. Harris wants to deconstruct the Pearl Bailey  Jan 21 2020, 08:45:30 PM

Whatever one thinks of Harris’s work, THIS is what matters:

https://www.papermag.com/slave-play-closing-2644882148.html

Which Play to See?  Jan 11 2020, 10:33:23 PM

SouthernCakes said: "I’d vote Laurie Metcalf over anyone else any day.
"

100%

Bad or odd set designs  Jan 10 2020, 11:12:22 PM
I realize this is an old thread, but I’m flabbergasted to see so many disparage the Falsettos revival’s set. I thought that show was practically flawless, and a large part of that was the set. The child-like innocence of the blocks as these characters grow into and build news lives, and then the stark realism as things took a tragic turn, only to return to the blocks as they rebuilt once again. I thought it was gorgeous.

Favorite Company Cast Recording  Jan 10 2020, 05:54:44 PM
2006. Raul deserved the Tony.

Jeremy O Harris on men not being able to be  Jan 9 2020, 11:00:02 PM

joevitus said: "I don't consider them interesting questions, and they are all predicated on a bias about race or "privilege" that I consider cartoonish and inaccurate."

Riiiiight.

Jeremy O Harris on men not being able to be  Jan 8 2020, 09:41:59 PM

joevitus said: "Dionysus3 said: "Harris asks interesting questions."

Name one.”

Who sees you?

Who are we when we’re challenged?

How does the the insidious legacy of hundreds of years of racism and white supremacy affect us all?

To what lengths will people go to protect whiteness?

Is it possible for a white person to ever truly empathize and connect with a Black partner?

How has the legacy of oppr

Jeremy O Harris on men not being able to be  Jan 7 2020, 06:42:37 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Dionysus3 said: "Y’all...it’s a joke. It’s Twitter. That’s the point of Twitter. He’s a performance artist.

Having said that, I’ve never seen a performance by a man I didn’t think would be improved by its being played by a woman. So.”

I agree. When watching Daniel Day Lewis play Abraham Lincoln, I kept thinking how much better Susan Sarandon would have been.”

Jeremy O Harris on men not being able to be "actors"  Jan 7 2020, 05:50:16 PM
Y’all...it’s a joke. It’s Twitter. That’s the point of Twitter. He’s a performance artist.

Having said that, I’ve never seen a performance by a man I didn’t think would be improved by its being played by a woman. So.

Harris asks interesting questions, and his focus on reaching a wider audience, and specifically creating a space for Black audience members, is to be lauded. We need a hell of a lot more artists like Jeremy O. Harris.

Tours with better casts than OBCs  Jan 4 2020, 05:46:34 PM

Rosette3 said: "Dionysus3 said: "Euan Morton made a more dynamic and nuanced Hedwig than NPH."

I got to seeEuan Morton's Hedwig on tour and loved him. I keep going back to his rendition of Wicked LittleTown. Hannah Corneau who played Yitzhak isalso now Elphaba on Broadway.

Is he still playing King George in Hamilton?
"

I absolutely should have mentioned Hannah Corneau, who was exce

Tours with better casts than OBCs  Jan 3 2020, 07:57:12 PM
Euan Morton made a more dynamic and nuanced Hedwig than NPH.

Best Midtown Restaurants?  Jan 3 2020, 07:13:58 PM

JSquared2 said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "GallaghersSteakhouse on W. 52nd Street a few feet from the Neil Simon Theatre.

Alex Brightman Bootleg Tweets  Dec 31 2019, 01:44:27 PM

Olivia11 said: "Dionysus3 said: "Olivia11 said: "
Yep. And theatre is going to continue to slide further into irrelevance."

All 2019 Box Office statistics to the contrary, but go ahead on that assumption.
"

Yes, there is a niche audience who gets to go see theatre. And it’s only going to get worse as prices soar.I’m not talking about money, although the entire Broadway yearly box office is like one Marvel

You must log in to view off-topic posts.