Profile for JustAnotherNewYorker

Member Name: JustAnotherNewYorker
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Booth Usher  Mar 11 2020, 05:54:45 PM

Has anyone called the Booth and asked about the section they worked? 

Loudest gasp you've heard in the theatre  Feb 12 2020, 02:14:50 PM

Hot Pants said: "I want to post something, but how do I get the spoiler filter to do so?"

Write the rest of your post, click the little + in a box on top of the editor, and in the spoiler box write your spoiler.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Like this

Loudest gasp you've heard in the theatre  Feb 12 2020, 12:48:10 PM

DiscoCrows said (relating to Hadestown):

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

When Orpheus turns around to look at Eurydice, end of Hadestown. 

I'm always surprised at how many people aren't familiar with the source material of the shows they see. I recall, at a talk at the Strand by David Mallo

"Little Shop" v "Moulin Rouge"  Dec 9 2019, 08:12:00 PM
SisterGeorge said: "Hadn't been to NYC since last June so needed to catch up on these two musicals.

Of the five shows I saw, Little Shop" turned out to be the most satisfying. Deliriously so. I can't imagine another staging making a better case for the material. Mayer, Groff, and especially Borle are brilliant.

"Moulin Rouge"on the other hand...what a waste of time, talent and money. I liked pretty much everyone on stage, particularly Olivo, but I was s

Despite Turnaround, ‘Beetlejuice’ Being Forced Out of Theater  Dec 9 2019, 08:08:11 PM
AlexxGee said: "I am not a fan of Beetlejuice in the slightest (honestly one of my least favorite shows. But hey, to each their own), but this is not fair. Scott Rudin simply looks like a greedy bully."

Rudin a bully?

And after the break, we'll learn that water is wet.

The Official TDF Thread  Oct 28 2019, 07:37:31 PM

JDonaghy4 said: "I ordered an 8pm show and got confirmation email saying 8pm. expect them to contact me if that isnt correct (i also cant do a 2pm show)."

They sent for my 27th tickets. Maybe they bit the bullet for some days and let's it stand. My guess is that these screw ups are generally the show's, not tdf, but I could be wrong

The Official TDF Thread  Oct 28 2019, 04:34:14 PM

gibsons2 said: "Jagged Little Pill is on TDF!!! Several dates in November, all Wednesdays at 8pm!"

Just got a message that my chosen day is actually at 2pm. I wonder if all the days are...

PARENT TRAP musical to premiere in the UK in 2020  Sep 24 2019, 07:50:28 PM

bk said: "The headline posted here says "based on The Parent Trap." If this is, as someone stated, based on the original Erich Kastner novel, Lottie and Lisa, why are they using the name The Parent Trap, which they have no right to use. And I do hope everyone understands, The Parent Trap is a specific screenplay based on the book. If people are saying Disney is not involved that means that ANY plot points peculiar to the Disney film or its remake cannot be used and I should

PARENT TRAP musical to premiere in the UK in 2020  Sep 24 2019, 05:41:15 PM

They should announce simultaneous US and UK productions, then swap casts without telling anyone

(yes, a joke)

Has their ever been a good sequel to a musical?  Sep 6 2019, 11:56:54 AM

carolinaguy said: "All the musicals people have ever attempted to “sequelize”, to coin a term, were complete, satisfying stories in themselves. The characters wanted something, they went through a series of experiences, and the situation was resolved. There was no further story necessary, so no reason for the sequels to exist. ANNIE 2 especially suffered from lack of any reason to be. Movies with good sequels (say, THE GODFATHER), had more story to tell.."

Harry Potter: "934 Tickets On Us - Really"  Sep 6 2019, 11:54:32 AM

Saw this too. I'll likely not bother since I'm out of Felix Felicis. Also, I've seen it twice, so don't really need to see it again, especially if I can't bring someone.

Rename a theatre for Hal Prince  Jul 31 2019, 05:11:10 PM

everythingtaboo said: "While I love the Majestic Theatre name, I'd love to see it renamed the Prince Theatre.

But if they want to keep the Majestic the Majestic - why not the Broadway?
"

Split the difference: The Prince of Broadway theater (or the Majestic Hal Prince theater)

Hardest Roles Currently on Broadway  Jul 14 2019, 09:57:03 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "The actress playing Heidi Schreck In “What the Constitution Means To Me” is onstage for pretty much the whole show. That’s pretty hard. "

This made me snort. Well played. 

Into the Woods tonight at Town Hall  Jul 9 2019, 02:24:27 PM

nasty_khakis said: "Overall it was a great evening minus the late start/intermission eating up an hour. There was a group from one of the sponsor companies sitting in front of us that was incredibly rude, talking and texting the entire first act before they left at intermission."

i think we they have been sitting quite close to each other. I have nothing really to add to the sentiments above. I wholeheartedly agree with the group mind. I als

FRANKIE AND JOHNNY closes July 28th  Jul 9 2019, 02:04:20 PM

I'm probably going to be a bit of a contrarian here. I don't think timing is the issue unless by timing you mean this year. I thought this was a play whose time had come and gone, at least as presented in this revival. After seeing that I thought that was an amazingly uncomfortable piece of theate, and not in a good way, partially because I know many of my friends would be triggered by this. I've confirmed this with the only female friend of mine who's seen it.

Tell

The Official TDF Thread  Jul 6 2019, 05:27:34 PM

uncageg said: "No Broadway shows up today."

There was a glitch for a bit. Back now.

no character drop songs?  Jun 30 2019, 09:23:32 AM

sparksatmidnight said: "dramamama611 said: "I still would rather them have delayed the entire album."

You know that you can wait and listen when the whole album is released, right? Just because you don't want to hear songs in drops doesn't mean that anyone else wouldn't want to
"

With 40 songs to mix, I think they wanted to balance catching some of the excited post-Tony sales with getting it all ship-shape. I'm happier

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  Jun 16 2019, 01:29:35 PM

Reneepalace said: "Hi- we have 3 in our group visiting NYC THE WEEK OF June 24. How early should we be in line for rush seats withthis new policy and is it advisable to try the lottery AND rush?"

The lottery tells you if you won the day before, so it can't hurt to play the lottery (although only two of you will get tickets if you have one win)

The Official TDF Thread  Jun 13 2019, 11:26:38 PM

JDonaghy4 said: "Constitution has been up before- I sat front orchestra extreme left thru TDF for this show but really no such thing as a bad seat for this production."

It was even up for opening night (I went, Mezz seats)

The Official TDF Thread  Jun 4 2019, 10:29:25 PM

hveasey said: "Does anyone know why Chicago never pops up on TDF? As a long running show that isn’t playing at anywhere close to its maximum gross I’d think it would be up there all the time but I’ve never seen it.

I just had an urge to see it again after watching Fosse/Verdon and was curious.
"

Probably because if it did pop up, none of us TDF people would ever see it for retail (not that we're seeing it often, but I did promise to br

You must log in to view off-topic posts.