Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for LYLS3637

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
Member Name: LYLS3637
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 1 2020, 11:20:01 AM

So something jumped out at me while watching-- had there always been an established hostility between Harold and Donald? It was clearly acknowledged in this version, but was it addressed at all in the Friedkin film? Ironic that my main problem with this remake was losing some of the subtlety of the original, and I have no idea if I missed a subtle nod to the Harold/Donald dynamic in the 1970 film.

Loudest gasp you've heard in the theatre  Feb 19 2020, 10:25:20 AM

I doubt it happens anymore but seeing WICKED in the first six months-- there were two pretty audible gasps I remember--

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

1. Boq emerges as the Tin Man

2. One of the Wizard's guard says (re: Fiyero) "Take him out to that field there. Put him on those poles until he tells us where the witch went."<

The Official TDF Thread  Feb 19 2020, 10:14:58 AM

GreasedLightning said: "Is TDF down for anyone else this morning?"

Yes indeed.

Idina Menzel a 'Go' for Funny Girl?  Jan 16 2020, 12:44:17 PM

I mean, in all fairness, the issue with the HELLO DOLLY! film is not Streisand's performance.

Songs That Sound An Awful Lot Like Other Songs  Dec 2 2019, 01:16:16 PM

Another JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR one... 

"Damned For All Time" is essentially the 1960s BATMAN television theme song.

THE WHO'S TOMMY Will Return to Broadway in 2021  Oct 21 2019, 03:19:38 PM

"Our new production of Tommy will be a reinvention aimed directly at today," said director Des McAnuff. "Tommy combines myth and spectacle in a way that truly soars. The key question with any musical is "Does the story sing?" and this one most certainly does. Tommy is the anti-hero ground zero. He is the boy who not only rejects adulthood like Holden Caulfield in The Catcher in the Rye, but existence itself. He becomes lost in the universe as he stares endlessly

Mistakes on cast albums  Aug 27 2019, 04:47:56 PM

Something happens between the 45 and 50 second mark in "There Is A Fountain/It Don't Make Sense" of the 2007 Donmar Cast Recording of PARADE. I don't know if it's a chair or feedback from a microphone but it is loud and pronounced. 

May 28 2019, 10:31:22 AM

I was incredibly bored. It takes some real "talent" to turn one of Disney's highest-energy outings into a complete snooze. Naomi Scott was the saving grace. She was wonderful to watch and the updates to the character of Jasmine worked well for me. Will Smith look genuinely uncomfortable during the musical numbers. I think I'd rather watch DUMBO again.

Oh and WHAT happened to the character of Jafar? No humor, no camp, no charisma-- just 2 hours of bug-eye

Teaser trailer for Judy w/Renee Zellweger  May 10 2019, 12:46:14 PM

Jingjo2 said: Kind of like the new Rocketman movie (also sung by Taron as Elton John)this story is mostly fiction and also unauthorized, even Liza walked out half way through"

Are you saying the Elton John film is mostly fiction and unauthorized? Because by all accounts (and the fact that Elton and his husband are EPs), it's very much authorized and much more true to life than at least BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY was. 

Teaser trailer for Judy w/Renee Zellweger  May 10 2019, 12:04:20 PM

TheQuibbler said: "I’m actually pleased that she’s doing her own singing because I think it frees up the performance a bit. I found it distracting in Bohemian Rhapsody, for example, whenever they’d switch to Mercury’s real vocals because it never looked like the sound was coming out of Malek’s mouth and I think the performance suffered. While I’m sure Zellweger prerecorded her vocals, she can align her vocal performance with her on-screen performan

Teaser trailer for Judy w/Renee Zellweger  May 10 2019, 11:26:03 AM

Is she really doing all her own singing in the movie? Please tell me that's not true...

The Who's Tommy at Kennedy Center  Apr 29 2019, 11:36:38 AM

I adored it. The score sounded the best it has ever sounded and the cast was first rate. Casey Cott started out a little shaky with "Amazing Journey" but nailed "Sensation" and all of Act 2. Mykal Kilgore gave the greatest rendition of "Eyesight to the Blind" I've ever heard and while I appreciated Wesley Taylor's energy and characterization, the accent rivaled Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins.

TOMMY essentially boils down to two main messages--

BEN PLATT Music Tour  Feb 13 2019, 08:53:16 AM

His Philly show is at the recently renovated Met that seats 3,500. I really hope he does well but these are huge venues.

MOCKINGBIRD merchandise?  Feb 7 2019, 10:48:20 AM

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but is TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD selling any merchandise? 

I couldn't find any at the theater, though I admit I wasn't looking very thoroughly given the crowds navigating the theater. I did an online search but came up empty. Are any of the theater shops around Times Square selling anything?  

Wow... A STAR IS BORN snub?!  Jan 10 2019, 01:19:09 PM

DeepVSexyWitch2 said: "I'm not sure which Bohemian Rapsody you watched but I saw the one where they made his queer lifestyle his downfall in a "if only he had stayed with his wife..." bull**** type display."

Almost worse was the insinuation that he desperately wanted to be straight and spent years jealously pining for his ex-fiance (which is just one of dozens of inaccuracies that plagues the ridiculously simplistic, almost ridiculous, screenp

Wow... A STAR IS BORN snub?!  Jan 10 2019, 10:26:29 AM

haterobics said: "I don't know what this really has to do with anything, but gaga did make a statement on R Kelly yesterday:https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/1083237788663697408"

She's in full campaign mode now...

Wow... A STAR IS BORN snub?!  Jan 7 2019, 09:18:08 AM

I'm hoping this starts the decline of the narrative that A STAR IS BORN is the front runner for the Best Picture Oscar. It is certainly a better quality film than BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY, but does not reach the brilliance of THE FAVOURITE or ROMA or BLACKKKLANSMAN or BEALE STREET. 

I mean, come on, this isn't even the best version of A STAR IS BORN... (though no where near the worst... Babs...)

Kennedy Center Honors '18  Dec 28 2018, 12:40:37 PM
Im really surprised no one has mentioned Kelly Clarkson who, vocally, easily offered the best female performance of the night

Where is everyone?  Dec 10 2018, 05:08:30 PM

Highlands Guy said: "natashalost said: "Nobody won last night."

I don't know that it should be viewed as a contest; but those of us who advocate for civility, "won". At least this time.
"

Preach! Saw some of the screenshots via Twitter--- truly shameful.

Where is everyone?  Dec 10 2018, 02:43:46 PM

Wow-- for a bunch of folks who hide behind fake names and pictures, you should do get indignant when a private website regulates the unsubstantiated crap you post. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.