Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for BamaEd

BamaEd Profile Photo
Member Name: BamaEd
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dreamcasting Fiddler movie  May 30 2020, 01:59:49 PM

I would love to see Jake in a big budget Hollywood musical, but I think not only his age but just young looks normally just makes him the wrong fit.

Glad nobody said Hugh. I love Hugh, but I think a Jewish actor would be the right call.

Sandler is an interesting choice and could work. All of his singing has been comedic so that could be interesting. He'd either be brilliant or a disaster, there's no in between.

My left field choice is Robert Downey Jr. He's do

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 10:10:30 PM

That's the most entertained I've been by Laura Linney in a while. More of that please.

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 10:01:53 PM

I thought the Hadestown performance was stunningly beautiful, but I don't know if it was the showstopper that was needed for The Tonys.

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 09:56:50 PM

dmwnc1959 said: "dearalanaaaa said: "Uh,,,, is this the slot Be More Chill paid for because their cast couldn't pull anything off? What did I just watch??"

Whatever the heck that was, most people probably won’t make the connection to BMC.
"

What was the Be More Chill thing? You mean the bathroom song? That had a connection?

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 09:29:16 PM

uncageg said: "There is A LOT of love in that room for THE PROM"

After that performance, there's a lot of love in my apartment (ok, that means just me, but still) for The Prom.

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 09:14:14 PM

OK, as of right now, the Tony Awards website shows Patrick Page as the winner of Featured Actor in a Musical. Alrighty then.

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 09:08:33 PM

poisonivy2 said: "BamaEd said: "Andre De Shields' speech was wonderful

The Oklahoma performances, so, I haven't seen it. I really enjoyed the fun and the wink that Ali Stroker brought to "I Cain't Say No". The ensemble on the title song went several places: Traditional barn dance, too much drinking barn dance, drunk redneck girl dancing on a table, then the end seemed a touch scary to me. Does it play that way on stage?
"

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 08:59:35 PM

Andre De Shields' speech was wonderful

The Oklahoma performances, so, I haven't seen it. I really enjoyed the fun and the wink that Ali Stroker brought to "I Cain't Say No". The ensemble on the title song went several places: Traditional barn dance, too much drinking barn dance, drunk redneck girl dancing on a table, then the end seemed a touch scary to me. Does it play that way on stage?

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 08:40:01 PM

What a wonderful speech from Elaine May. That is what natural funny is people.

Fun number from Tootsie. Santino did a great job.

Wow, they are wanting to get plays out of the way quickly huh?

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 08:31:32 PM

poisonivy2 said: "This "losing face" skit is pretty funny."

Especially after the reactions in that first category.

2019 Tony Awards Reactions Thread  Jun 9 2019, 08:17:33 PM

Opening was, um, fine. Not earth shattering, not bad. Celia Keenan-Bolger gave a wonderful speech.

Great energy from Ain't Too Proud. Didn't realize that restaurant owner Nate from Difficult People was in it. That's awesome!

RENT Live on Fox  Jan 28 2019, 12:54:32 PM

I thought this had some very good moments and overall was a win. But there were some things that were lacking, not all performance based

Misses:
Valentina – Just bad all around (acting, singing, same dang eye makeup as on Drag Race). Angel is supposed to be the heart of Rent and I didn’t feel that last night
Directing – A lot of the scenes felt very self-contained and didn’t flow or incorporate into the story as a whole. When they were all together (La

2017 NBC Live Musical is  Mar 2 2018, 02:12:11 PM

And, it's delayed again

NBC’s Production of ‘Bye Bye Birdie Live’ With Jennifer Lopez Pushed Again

Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight  May 10 2017, 11:11:38 AM

Here's a comment from someone (not me) on the article from EW.com:

...Also, many people think Lupone is not a great actress either. She cannot enunciate, she attacks each syllable with the nuance and subtlety of a battering ram, and she literally plays every role like a fiery harpy. Yes, technically she is a much better singer than Madonna (duh), but her singing is all technical prowess, showing off range, and soulless shrieking. I'd rather have a weak instrument

Laser Pointers usage at Cats  Nov 18 2016, 10:12:04 AM

haterobics said: "I'm more concerned that if one of the Cats sees the laser, it might pounce right on top of an audience member trying to catch it.

"

Bahaha, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.

Riedel on the post Tony Awards recap  Jun 13 2016, 04:54:41 PM

Gyllenhaal, I must report, did a lovely rendition of “I Can Show You the World” from “Aladdin.”

Excuse me? What are you saying the name of the song is? No just no!

why no announcement on who will be starring in Hedwig tour?  Apr 19 2016, 04:36:16 PM

Well, that makes sense now why Hedwig is more a country rock star a la Kris Kristofferson rather than glam. Inspired creative change!

Mockingbird  Feb 11 2016, 04:55:00 PM

I had almost forgotten that last year, there was quite the controversy in Monroeville, AL (my home state, Ms. Lee's hometown and basis for Maycomb in the novel) regarding a stage version. The town had put on a stage version for 26 years but Lee's lawyer was holding up rights for the town to produce the play in 2016. This is the same lawyer who found the manuscript for Go Set a Watchman. Lee set up a nonprofit to keep the play in Monroeville and Dramatic Publishing relented and allowed

Mockingbird  Feb 10 2016, 05:14:21 PM

On one hand, I do find it exciting that it would be coming to Broadway with such high profile talent involved.

That being said, right now I can't see Sorkin as the right fit for it. I'm sure the courtroom scenes would crackle but the story is more about the relationship within the family and the time and the place more than Atticus the lawyer. I don't know how much of small town family life Sorkin has done so he may surprise me. I'm not saying the writer has to

Film Adaptation of SUNSET BOULEVARD in the Works! Will Glenn Close Reprise Her Role?  Jan 6 2016, 01:58:08 PM

I was also about to suggest Pfeiffer. Her voice isn't belting and operatic, but we know she can sing. I think most of her absence from movies is of her own doing, but I think she would be great. Her previous roles have shown she can do vulnerable (Dangerous Liaisons, Married to the Mob), tough (Scarface, White Oleander), or both at the same time (Fabulous Baker Boys). 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.