Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Scarywarhol

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Member Name: Scarywarhol
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

4th of July poll: Favorite American History Theater That's NOT Hamilton?  Jul 4 2020, 09:05:20 AM

Including Hamilton, it's Assassins. 

Caroline Or Change & Birthday Candles Officially Coming In 2021  Jun 27 2020, 01:15:46 AM

I am poking by head back onto this board just to say that it is a perfect title. 

Musicals that were announced but never materialised.  May 23 2020, 02:29:37 PM

Batman.

Allegiance DVD  May 8 2020, 05:40:20 PM

All these years, and it's still breaking my heart that George Takei was fleeced by utterly amateur writers and obviously incompetent producers who appealed to something very personal and important. His story deserved so much better. 

Victory Gardens' FUN HOME will stream online for two weeks  Apr 20 2020, 02:18:06 AM

BJR said: "Was this production similar to Gold's, or a new interpretation?"

Quite similar, particularly to the original proscenium staging. 

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  Apr 13 2020, 10:24:49 AM
Finding Neverland.

I have never felt so personally insulted and assaulted by lyrics.

FG On Bway?  Feb 23 2020, 08:23:34 PM

Wondered if this thread title referred to Forrest Gump. 

Not to give the producers of Pretty Woman, Mrs. Doubtfire, etc. any ideas. 

West End Prince of Egypt  Feb 6 2020, 10:22:11 PM

Sounds like the Papermill Hunchback all over again. Still devastated over how absolutely amateurish and cloying that production was, after all those years of waiting. The nepotism has got to stop. Imagine that next we'll get Pocahontas with an ensemble of "trees" (it's just a burlap sack put on right in front of our eyes, is that CLEVER or what?!) who pave over the entire show with school pageant narration. 

American Utopia Discount  Jan 16 2020, 10:01:54 AM
The rush is impossible.

I miss in-person rush so much.

The Inheritance - Previews  Jan 15 2020, 08:18:52 PM
I did rush today and got a great seat in the third row. And I arrived just before curtain to try, so definitely recommend rush to anyone who really wants to see this.

But I was deeply unimpressed with the writing and won't be going back for Part 2. I've happily sat through 12 and 24-hour-long shows, but these three hours were interminable. It would just be a bad soap with sitcom jokes if it didn't constantly take shortcuts toward affectations of momentous meaning and communal history w

CSC Assassins update  Dec 12 2019, 12:11:39 PM
I enjoyed Doyle's earlier Sondheim productions, but thought Pacific Overtures was utterly tacky and undergrad. May give this a chance since Assassins doesn't really require a very imaginative execution to play.

Moderators, we all need clarification from you.  Dec 6 2019, 09:36:11 AM
<3

Little Shop of Horrors (PREVIEWS)  Sep 23 2019, 10:36:09 AM
I just want to pop in and say how much I enjoyed Tammy Blanchard in this at first preview. I think that she is bringing an old Hollywood actress quality that is faithful to the character but different from Ellen Greene's, where other major productions have basically featured imitations. I was quite moved by her as well. The production is good.

Waitress  Nov 6 2018, 02:25:42 AM

This is kind of cool. Makes me want to see the show for the first time since the season it opened. 

re: Best Musical Theatre Song of All-Time (Pick ONLY One)  Oct 31 2018, 11:37:56 PM

Depends on the day. 

Today it's "Lot's Wife" by Tesori and Kushner. 

Mother of the Maid at The Public Theater  Oct 28 2018, 10:20:58 PM
Hilarious how many people are flipping their wigs about the anachronistic language, like it's not on purpose.

Aladdin  Oct 12 2018, 12:33:35 AM
Tacky.

What Caryl Churchill play should I read first?  Oct 7 2018, 11:44:34 PM

Cloud Nine. 

KING KONG - Previews  Oct 6 2018, 11:59:51 PM

I've been waiting to hear if this score is anything before letting myself get at all excited for Beetlejuice... :/ 

A Star Is Born review. WOW!  Oct 6 2018, 08:25:31 AM

It was alright. Mostly made me want to watch the Judy version again. I don't know how well the story actually transposes to an age where we think quite differently about relationships, substance abuse, and stardom. And opportunities are missed to examine all of that. Good lead performances, but not really that much of a script. Filmmaking is pedestrian. Hated the songs, but they're just not my style. There's something hilarious about Jackson scolding Ally for selling out and losin

You must log in to view off-topic posts.