Profile for schubox

Member Name: schubox
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best Scene Changes  Jun 3 2020, 11:38:59 AM

Maybe not all time best, but the first time I saw the Hadestown set expand I was pretty blown away

Hamilton on Disney to be MUTED?  Jun 2 2020, 10:13:15 AM

sparksatmidnight said: "Sutton Ross said: "Some people like an official announcement, it's really not that deep."

can you just imagine who would take the time of their day to write an official announcement about this of all things because of 10 people with too much time on their hands?

DISNEY AND HAMILTON LTD TO KEEP ALL THE FUCKS IN FILMED PERFORMANCE OF HAMILTON

"

It's a lot more than a small a

Hamilton on Disney to be MUTED?  Jun 1 2020, 06:33:12 PM

Sutton Ross said: "Some people like an official announcement, it's really not that deep."

And the last thing we heard from Lin implied there would be censorship. I admit it seems like it's going to uncensored, but I'll believe it when I see some sort of official announcement 

Dave Malloy announces GREAT COMET West Coast premiere  Jun 1 2020, 05:18:07 PM

God I hope they're both at the same time so I can do a 2 for 1

Hamilton on Disney to be MUTED?  Jun 1 2020, 04:39:15 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "I'm part of the Hamilton facebook group, and someone with authority on that page said that the show would be shown AS FILMED. There will be no censoring of any kind. How many times does someone have to say this before people believe it?"

Probably until someone with actual authority says it. Not someone saying they heard on facebook from someone who says they know.

Hamilton on Disney to be MUTED?  Jun 1 2020, 11:23:52 AM

Some of the other things in that article seem untrue, so not sure how much faith to put in that

Hamilton on Disney to be MUTED?  Jun 1 2020, 11:21:18 AM

I found this, not sure how reliable this is

http://filmedonstage.com/news/195-34-days-to-go-a-sneak-peek-of-what-you-can-expect-from-hamilton-on-disney

5. Disney is not expected to censor Hamilton, but rather put a warning for strong language.

Unlike rumors in the theater world, Disney is not expected to cen

Hamilton on Disney to be MUTED?  Jun 1 2020, 10:58:40 AM

theatretenor2 said: "Fosse76 said: "Sutton Ross said: "Would for me, feel free to have a different opinion."

That's how I feel about those "school editions" that are created. If you can't present the show as written, then don't do it.

That said, I would take any social media or email replies with a grain of salt. They have no idea how it's going to appear on Disney+. LMM hasstated that none of thecontent woul

HADESTOWN Reviews  Jun 1 2020, 10:56:04 AM

Didn't want to start a new thread, but this is great

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/864566001/hadestown-tiny-desk-concert

Central Park on Apple TV  May 31 2020, 09:55:03 AM

willep said: "Yeah, I was a little put off by that, but they also have Daveed Diggs voicing a white character."

the horror

delete duplicate  May 30 2020, 11:56:51 AM

fosterfan2 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "David Stone is ahead of his time and we truly don’t deserve him.

There are so many bootlegs on YouTube, it’s kind of curious why none of them have been taken down. Like why are the several bootlegs of An*thing Goes not being copyrighted by Roundabout or how come you still see the Ca*rie video? I just think, producers don’t care/are complicit to the illegal videos.
"

There was a bootleg on

Octet to Berkeley Rep Spring 2021  May 29 2020, 07:13:59 PM

Speaking of, they just released this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0XGfo0qXGA

Hugh Jackman Says MUSIC MAN Still On Schedule for September  May 28 2020, 11:08:27 AM

Robbie2 said: "Sutton Ross said: "I think they (like all Broadway shows still open) will start rehearsals in January and open next March."

Sutton - When I asked my industry friends (agent w/ talent in most musicals and producer's associate) the general consensus seems to be that at this time... to rehearse Jan-Feb ~ reopen or open March-April.
"

I wonder how they would handle ticketing. I have tickets for this on March 5 o

Kerry Butler:  May 28 2020, 11:05:24 AM

Broadway61004 said: "I think a valid question about this, though, is will people continue to go to the theatre if streamings are regularly available? I mean, I'm obviously not talking about most folks on the board here or a lot of other regular theatergoers. But for the casual theatergoer, if they suddenly have the option to watch these archived recordings now from the comfort of their own home, will they get back to going to the theatre once this all is over? I love the idea of

Kerry Butler:  May 28 2020, 11:02:57 AM

HogansHero said: "It is fantasy land to think that there is a huge audience for the archival recordings. Sure, folks here would be ecstatic, but it wold mostly go unnoticed. Want to excite kids about the theatre: give them something relatable. I have long felt (and expressed here many times) that showing films of stage shows often does more harm than good. I have loosened my feeling on that for the pandemic, but make no mistake not very many people are watching these things. It's

Kerry Butler:  May 28 2020, 02:37:28 AM

OffOnBwayHi said: "schubox said: "OffOnBwayHi said: "No, no, and no.

I don't think people who are asking for this understand what it takes/who has to sign off to show recordings of shows. I also don't think they understand the idea of the value of not sharingrecordings just because.

The people who own these recordings and are showing them are not showing them just to be nice... It's business first, always.
"

I th

Kerry Butler: "Lincoln Center, make a deal with unions and broadcast your archive recordings"  May 27 2020, 11:50:07 PM

OffOnBwayHi said: "No, no, and no.

I don't think people who are asking for this understand what it takes/who has to sign off to show recordings of shows. I also don't think they understand the idea of the value of not sharingrecordings just because.

The people who own these recordings and are showing them are not showing them just to be nice... It's business first, always.
"

I think most people would just love to be able to see classi

Kerry Butler: "Lincoln Center, make a deal with unions and broadcast your archive recordings"  May 27 2020, 07:19:55 PM
I know it will never happen but it really is a shame that all of these great performances exist and a vast majority of people will never get to see them

Broadway Stars With COVID-19/Coronavirus  May 20 2020, 03:25:43 PM

Luminaire2 said: "Amanda just posted a not so great update on IG. Nick is not doing well today and she’s asked for prayers. Send your energy to Nick, and everyone still fighting today for their lives."

What was the not so great part? All I saw was her asking for big prayers

Hamilton on Disney to be MUTED?  May 19 2020, 06:51:50 PM

SweetLips22 said: "I would be quite happy if the whole thing was muted---couldn't understand a word anyway-totally overrated and self-indulgent."

cool

You must log in to view off-topic posts.