Profile for DrewJoseph

Member Name: DrewJoseph
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Phantom to change to  Jun 22 2020, 05:16:08 PM
It does sound logical that a show thats been running this long needs a set replacement. The set is very old (and i dont mean dated, i just mean really old).

I dont give much about Broadways Phantom, but the London production needs to stay the original.

Im certain ALW would hate this. He really loved Maria Bjornsons design and always feels so much respect for her. I cant see him agree with messing with her work.

Vanity Fair on Broadway's Reopening - "Not Until There's a F***cking Vaccine"  May 23 2020, 04:43:30 AM
Another big question is cast and crew. They can’t social distance or wear masks. Will they be doing intimate scenes, how will the ensemble dance with each other, quick changes?

Frozen on Broadway - Where did they go wrong?  May 15 2020, 05:08:49 PM
Theres so much that went wrong with this. A lot has been said already. I remember when they announced this with Alex Timbers and Bob Crowley doing the sets they made a big deal about how large and amazing the sets would be, that they would blow out the back wall of the St James for this and bla bla bla. I got so excited. They also said they would take their time to get it just right. Then suddenly less then a year from first preview they fired the whole team and brought in a completely new one!

2020-2021 Touring Season  May 15 2020, 03:31:32 AM
Yeah, the website also doesn’t show anything about the US tour anymore. Lets hope it’s just postponed and not canceled indefinitely

2020-2021 Touring Season  May 14 2020, 05:56:21 PM
Honestly don’t see that happening as the reasoning was they felt Broadway couldn’t handle more than two disney shows for the forseeable future

FROZEN closes on Broadway  May 14 2020, 05:16:55 PM
He said something about that Aida production opening in Germany in 2022 and didnt mention the planned US tour at all! I was really hoping to see that one

AIDA Revival!  Mar 24 2020, 04:24:33 PM
Anyone know how big or professional this will be?

I am thinking about making a trip all the way from the netherlands just to see this, but don’t know what kind of quality to expect. I missed the Broadway version and have been dying to see it ever since.

Al Hirschfeld Theatre  Feb 19 2020, 02:06:37 PM
Hi all,

Just a quick question, cause I couldnt find anything about it on the net.

I am looking to book tickets to Moulin Rouge and have my eyes set on Mezz right or left row G. It looks like it has more legroom and very front mezz for the price. My question is; is there a railing in your view? I saw an old picture of the theatre and it looks like a railing, but I dont know how bad that is..

West End Prince of Egypt  Feb 8 2020, 08:16:04 AM
I’m going next week and getting nervous. I really was devastated how they butchered THOND at Paper Mill. The german production was miiiiiiles better and they couldn’t see that? And now its happening all over again..

AIDA Revival!  Feb 6 2020, 12:15:15 PM
May 13-June 5 at Dolby Theatre

HADESTOWN program book  Feb 5 2020, 03:31:01 AM
Finally!

Cursed Child new block of tickets?  Feb 2 2020, 06:19:03 PM
Hi all,

Anyone know how well cursed child is doing? Is it weird tickets for july and after are not yet available?

re: Der Glockner Von Notre Dame Cast Recording  Feb 2 2020, 06:17:57 PM
It was such a good show and the castrecording is top of the pack. I hated how they butchered it for the US versions at paper mill and la jolla. Every change they made to the book and score made the show worse. The direction and design was also very low budget compared to the german version, which was epic.

I can’t listen to the us cast recording. But the german one is gold. There’s an instrumental version floating around, which is gorgeous, and also sheet music for the rehearsal piano.

Cursed Child: The Journey Book  Oct 31 2019, 04:52:11 PM
No there are really two hardcover versions. But I’ve only seen the gold triped one in the hands of the US cast and the all black one is available in europe already. So I’m guessing it’s a US - Europe thing?

Cursed Child: The Journey Book  Oct 31 2019, 04:43:26 PM
Hi all,

Just a question, does anyone know why there are 2 different versions of the cursed child behind the scenes book? I see an all black book, and one with the gold stripe with ornaments on the front..

Hadestown Merch  Oct 29 2019, 07:03:07 AM

Hi everyone, 

I collect Souvenir Brochures/Programs for every show I go to. I have not yet seen one for Hadestown, anyone know if they have one or won't they make one for this show?

Beetlejuice Merchandise  Aug 22 2019, 10:58:28 PM
I just saw BJ and can report that the Souvenir Program has been released! I just bought it and they said it came out today. It’s not very big and doesn’t have many photos/pages. But it’s finally here! :)

Beetlejuice Merchandise  Jun 13 2019, 08:15:17 AM

Hi, anyone know if Beetlejuice already has a souvenir program? I collect these, but couldn't find one for BJ online. 

Is Beetlejuice in trouble?  Jun 11 2019, 12:29:29 PM
I’ve got tickets with the Playbill discount for August 22nd. Hoping it survives until then!

Beauty and the Beast Revival Coming To Broadway  Apr 24 2019, 10:03:31 AM
I just hope they’ll do a better job at it then the other productions of the past few years. A little higher class like the original Broadway version. All out Disney! Super excited!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.