Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for orlikethecolorpurple

orlikethecolorpurple Profile Photo
Member Name: orlikethecolorpurple
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

TONYA WAS ROBBED  Aug 7 2020, 11:46:59 AM
As someone who watched the ceremony with friends who didn’t follow Broadway, Idina’s unfortunate performance that night coupled with her win was a head-scratcher for the group. “No...she didn’t sound like that when I saw her, I promise.”

Tonya was robbed.

Rachel Chavkin - DIRECTOR X  Jun 12 2020, 04:20:12 PM
Yikes. Y’all need to learn to endure conflict even when it’s passionate.

Rachel Chavkin - DIRECTOR X  Jun 12 2020, 04:12:59 PM

pollster2 said: "If he's worried about legal ramifications of his actions, perhaps he shouldn't have continued to harass her...

He admits he harassed her. Why shouldn't she fear for her safety?

My biggest issue is that he is using his own personal failings and attempting to make them about race. They clearly are not.
"

Hypothetically, let’s pretend I knew you IRL and in turn, you knew I was a skinny gay white

Rachel Chavkin - DIRECTOR X  Jun 12 2020, 03:57:22 PM

Broadway61004 said: "orlikethecolorpurple said: "Broadway61004 said: "So Rachel Chavkin, who has made it a specific point to hire POC in virtually everything she has ever brought to New York, is suddenly racist because she felt you weren't good enough for Broadway. Right, makes perfect sense."

They actually specifically say they don’t think she is racist, but has blind spots. All folks who are not black do (I am

Rachel Chavkin - DIRECTOR X  Jun 12 2020, 03:04:53 PM

Broadway61004 said: "So Rachel Chavkin, who has made it a specific point to hire POC in virtually everything she has ever brought to New York, is suddenly racist because she felt you weren't good enough for Broadway. Right, makes perfect sense."

They actually specifically say they don’t think she is racist, but has blind spots. All folks who are not black do (I am white btw). It’s important to have these blind spots illuminated.

Lea Michele Twitter  Jun 3 2020, 12:24:43 PM
“she’s my least favorite person besides trump for good reason” - Gerard Canonico

Daaaaamn.

Patti LuPone didn't like 90th Birthday 'Ladies who lunch'  May 5 2020, 08:53:25 PM

qolbinau said: "I don't find it cringeworthy like when a certain actor decided to complain that 'musicality' was gone from the Donna Murphy Into the Woods.”

What’s this story?

Tickets Refunds  Apr 16 2020, 10:49:07 PM

Anastasia_Beaverhausen said: "I have received my points back for a $/points ticket I bought, but not the $ refund for the same order."

Was your ticket for a date during the first set of cancellations or beyond? I received an email from AR that I would be refunded for a Company ticket in May, but I have not seen any cash or points come back. 

Tickets Refunds  Apr 16 2020, 12:16:34 PM
Has anyone yet received a refund (cash and/or points) from Audience Rewards?

Broadway to Close?  Mar 12 2020, 12:07:39 AM
Wouldn’t right now be a great time for Medicare for All? (Vote Bernie.)

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2019-2020 Season  Mar 3 2020, 11:25:00 AM

Light in the Piazza tour - Broadway transfer?  Dec 19 2019, 05:12:55 PM
Glad I waited to get a ticket. I snagged a $35 ticket in row H for tonight. Deep side, but still! Those were very expensive before.

I’m very excited. Hoping Solea is back!

Light in the Piazza tour - Broadway transfer?  Dec 17 2019, 10:04:05 PM

Anyone think there is a grand trajectory for this Renee Fleming tour of The Light in the Piazza? The Chicago Tribune raved and mentions it should be on Broadway. Has anyone seen it with Solea Pfeiffer as Clara? 

Tribune review

Eileen Atkins and Timothée Chalamet Will Lead 4000 MILES at The Old Vic  Dec 3 2019, 07:22:29 AM

I was trying on both my phone and my computer. I was over 5000 on my phone, but somehow managed 700 when I refreshed my computer page. 

& Juliet  Dec 3 2019, 07:17:15 AM

That's so exciting to read. I'm going to London for my first time in April. Currently in queue for 4000 Miles tickets, but I probably only have room for one other show. Should I go with & Juliet or Everybody's Talking About Jamie? 

Eileen Atkins and Timothée Chalamet Will Lead 4000 MILES at The Old Vic  Nov 25 2019, 10:44:08 PM

Jonathan Groff Alternate for Little Shop?  Aug 21 2019, 01:41:19 PM

No lottery or SRO info has been announced, correct? I just had a business trip scheduled and am bummed that September is entirely sold out!

Is it rude to give a standing ovation when no one else is?  Jun 25 2019, 12:05:23 AM
What’s rude is leaving during a curtain call.

It’s not rude to give a standing ovation and potentially block someone who elects not to stand themselves. Barring a disability, they’ve made the calculated decision that the performance did not merit their standing. Which is fine, but the entitlement in saying those who sit should dictate it for the rest of the audience is laughable.

Shuffle Along - What happened?  Jun 18 2019, 09:03:28 PM

I saw it a week or two after opening and found it THRILLING. Billy Porter and Adrienne Warren's solos alone made it all seem worth it to me. Then on top of that, you have Audra McDonald, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Brandon Victor Dixon, Joshua Henry, etc. And the dancing! Some of the most exciting tap I've seen in a musical. 

It wasn't perfectly constructed and was perhaps a bit long for some, but it was interesting, informative, entertaining, and represe

FRANKIE AND JOHNNY Previews  May 3 2019, 10:38:50 PM
Was anyone at the invited dress tonight?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.