Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for ViniFromBrazil

Member Name: ViniFromBrazil
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Will Company return when broadway returns?  Jan 16 2021, 09:29:13 PM
I don't know why the cast would change... none of the actors with the exception of Patti LuPone (who's not going anywhere) seems to be very busy...

Saddest Broadway Songs  Jan 13 2021, 05:40:19 PM
Alex Kulak2 said: "The I Love You Song from The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee"

I second this.

And also "I Miss the Mountains" from NEXT TO NORMAL.

Darren Aronofsky Is Adapting Samuel D. Hunter's  Jan 13 2021, 05:34:59 PM
blaxx said: "ViniFromBrazil said: "omg you guys find ways to fight in every damn post, don't you"

Now imagine how marginalized performers feel like.
"

My point is the constant fighting and bickering. I am a black marginalized civilian, assumptions aside.

Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucy and Desi?  Jan 13 2021, 05:32:13 PM
Does anyone find it odd that a Spaniard is once again playing a Latino, especially after Hilaria Baldwin's controversy? Do Americans really think we are the same?

Darren Aronofsky Is Adapting Samuel D. Hunter's  Jan 12 2021, 10:39:12 PM
omg you guys find ways to fight in every damn post, don't you

Nathan Lane’s Greatest Performance  Jan 8 2021, 08:09:56 PM
Lips Together, Teeth Apart!

What musicals still need to be revived through ENCORES?  Dec 12 2020, 11:01:38 PM
Applause

Purlie

The Me Nobody Knows

No, No, Nanette (with Sutton Foster)

Encores Will Present INTO THE WOODS  Nov 24 2020, 07:30:48 AM
Alex Kulak2 said: "LizzieCurry said: "Then why not something like Urinetown? Well-liked AND hasn't had a major production here in a very long time."

I would sayInto The Woodsfits both those criteria, to an extent. We're 6 years removed from the movie and 5 from the most recent off-Broadway revival.

Maybe this will be how Chad Kimball gets his groove back. Milky White's his best role to date, given that he's in a full body costu

Tell us your dream Broadway revival!  Nov 5 2020, 05:42:55 PM
I always thought that a woman (I had Sara Ramirez and Mandy Gonzalez in mind) would make for a gret El Pachuco in a revival of Zoot Suit!

I regret not seeing...  Nov 5 2020, 05:24:53 PM
I regret not seeing Alex Sharp in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. I didn't like Taylor Trensch in the role unfortunately...

I also honestly regret not seeing Patti LuPone lashing out at someone in the audience. That must be an entertaining experience!

Broadway League To Announce Further Broadway Closure til May 30th  Oct 12 2020, 07:06:18 AM
Very sad... also had tickets for Music Man in April for my long awaited annual NY trip... =(

Who was the best Amanda Wingfield?  Sep 20 2020, 03:50:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhYIGIzFM6s

For those who haven't seen Shirley Booth in the role.

Who was the best Amanda Wingfield?  Sep 20 2020, 03:41:32 PM
Shirley Booth on TV (Hal Holbrook was the best Tom!!)

Zoe Wanamaker on stage (recorded)

Judith Ivey on stage (live)

Meryl Streep in the procution I played in my head

EDIT: honorable mention to Saundra Santiago, even though the production was weak.

Chad Kimball  Sep 16 2020, 11:40:02 PM

It boggles my mind that people from Broadway still support Trump! I mean oh my god Brazil and the U.S.A. are in so much trouble!

I also second the opinion that no matter the body of work of an actor, his public "likes" and posts certainly make it fair game for him to be judged.

Mostly because once upon a time people just didn't care about posting stuff on facebook or whatever, but now if you care enough about something that you need to publicly support it w

What is your Most loved Episode from any TV show   Sep 3 2020, 04:05:43 PM
Apollo! Apollo! from 30 Rock !!!

What Show Would You Like To See At Encores?  Aug 23 2020, 02:54:59 PM
"A Day in Hollywood / A Night in the Ukraine" and "Sophisticated Ladies"

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Aug 23 2020, 01:54:04 PM
From a person that lives abroad and goes to the US once a year during the hot season, this would be the first time in 10 years I saw absolutely nothing that is eligible for the Tony Awards. Great, I love the ceremony, but are there any shows that certainly will be back after covid break?

Randy Rainbow is a racist.  Aug 19 2020, 10:09:08 PM

Owen22 said: "Same As It Ever Was said: "This board is weird."

I love you.

"

Stick to this thread then, it might be his only contribution to the board...

Bobby Steggert, Actor Turned Therapist Q & A: Advice for Suffering Theater Artists  Aug 19 2020, 08:22:13 PM
I'm not an actor, but someone whose work has been affected terribly by the covid crisis, and I found this article to be very helpful and uplifting! Thank You!

Randy Rainbow  Aug 19 2020, 08:17:07 PM

Same As It Ever Was said: "Just seems like a boomer thing to defend racism and get your feelings hurt over being called a boomer is all. I apologize for the hurt it caused. Now it’s Randy’s turn.

That Daily Dot thing was published yesterday morning, but I realize you guys would rather see this as a conspriacy than see the faults in your heros.
"

As I see it, no one should take at face value anything that seems righteous

You must log in to view off-topic posts.