Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for conealpetterson

Member Name: conealpetterson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Secret Life of Bees -  May 16 2020, 01:57:04 PM
I saw this last summer and loved that song. Both of the young actors were so good in their roles.

THE INHERITANCE to close  Mar 10 2020, 02:18:45 PM
Just got an email from The Geffen in LA announcing their season and The Inheritance will be there at the beginning of 2021z. I so happy I will get to see it.

Discount Codes  Feb 27 2020, 02:37:30 PM
I have been looking at Moulin Rouge tickets for our upcoming trip and I noticed that there are now some seats that need a code and say “promotion ticket selection”. These seats weren’t marked this way a few days ago. I haven’t been able to find a discount code. Does anyone know if there is a code or what this promotion is?

2020-2021 Touring Season  Feb 19 2020, 12:44:59 PM
Could “The Ferryman” go to the Taper?

2020-2021 Touring Season  Feb 4 2020, 10:20:27 AM
I agree about Oklahoma at the Dolby. Having seen and loved it at CITS, I feel like it will lose everything that made it special in a huge theater.

Best touring production you have ever seen?  Oct 28 2019, 03:16:23 PM
The OTC of the Hamilton Angelica Tour with Joshua Henry and Michael Luwoye, Dear Evan Hansen with Ben Levi Ross, Something Rotten, the Humans (it had most of the Broadway cast), and The King and I with Laura Michelle Kelly and Jose Llana.

Lempicka at WTF  Oct 16 2019, 06:17:47 PM
I am so excited for this. We are in Southern California and will definitely be seeing this

Little Shop of Horrors- Pasadena  Sep 25 2019, 10:35:13 PM
I really appreciate when a director tries something different with a well known show and it succeeds. I loved the Oklahoma! revival and it worked for me because to me the actors, the choreography, the sets and the costumes were cohesive and supported the director’s vision for the show (I certainly know not everyone feels that way). That was just not the case with this production of Little Shop. Some actors were playing the roles comically like George Salazar, Kevin Chamberlin and Amber Riley

Little Shop of Horrors- Pasadena  Sep 22 2019, 12:11:18 PM
I really couldn’t understand the creative reasoning behind giving Audrey such boring costumes.

Little Shop of Horrors- Pasadena  Sep 19 2019, 02:25:57 PM
The stage starts out completely bare and then the ceiling and backdrop for the stage are lowered down and set pieces are rolled on. The ceiling of the set uses fluorescent lights, which have it that depressing Skid Row flower shop feel.

I often like it when a director changes the setting of a play or uses modern objects in a clever way. I loved the Oklahoma revival set - but I felt like it was part of the overall vision. I feel like this production hasn’t quite decided - with the c

Little Shop of Horrors- Pasadena  Sep 19 2019, 12:29:02 PM
I saw it last night and really liked it overall. I thought the Urchins were fantastic. All 3 were amazing singers and their harmonies were so tight and it was only the second performance. Brittany Campbell - who was a Schuyler sister understudy for Hamilton Chicago - plays Ronnette.

I loved George Salazar as Seymour. His vocals were strong and he brought the right amount of sweet and nerdy. It is definitely a slightly different “Little Shop of Horrors” but I think it works to hav

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Sep 3 2019, 02:29:23 PM
Ryan Vasquez left to do The Wrong Man. It sounded like he would be back at Hamilton after the Off-Broadway run. But that could change if The Wrong Man goes to Broadway.

Hadestown Tour  Aug 13 2019, 11:48:35 AM
The Ahmanson has a terrible 2019/20 season, so they need to create some buzz.

Into the Woods - Hollywood Bowl  Jul 27 2019, 05:19:28 PM
That is a good correction for “Our Little World” since it wasn’t part of the original production. I always feel when it is included it just gives Rapunzel a little more to do. There were no cuts that I noticed. It ran longer than 2 hours. It finished at around 10:40 with one intermission.

Into the Woods - Hollywood Bowl  Jul 27 2019, 04:00:02 PM
Watching through the videos - i see you had to edit “No More” because of the clapping at the wrong time. People started clapping before the final verse - which I love. I wonder if people were only familiar with the movie - which didn’t include that song.

It was also fun to see Astin’s lyric flub on “Your Fault” again - that look of momentary panic. If you are going to flub a lyric, that is the song that it will happen in.

For doing this in 2-3 weeks, it was amazing. The

Into the Woods - Hollywood Bowl  Jul 27 2019, 03:25:53 PM
I may be wrong about Sutton bringing some notes down (I am no expert) - but I noticed a few notes here and there like the final note on “If the end is right, it justifies the beans.” She was a delight though. During on of her songs, my friend turned to me and said, “ I just love her.”

I forgot to mention Hailey Kilgore - she was wonderful as Rapunzel, but was underutilized since that is such a small role - especially when they cut “Our Little World.”

Thank you for posting the

Into the Woods - Hollywood Bowl  Jul 27 2019, 12:31:45 PM
I was there last night as well and really loved this production. Into the Woods is one of my favorite musicals. The standouts for me were Patina Miller, Skylar Astin, and Sierra Boggess. Miller’s witch was sexy and sassy and she put her own spin on her strong vocals. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed Astin as the Baker. Both his acting and vocals were wonderful. The Baker can come off as very whiney - but his interpretation brought a tenderness and likability to the character. I t

Excerpts Moby Dick, In Concert Under the Whale  Jul 26 2019, 01:16:37 PM
I would appreciate reports about this and to know who is in the cast. I have loved the songs I have heard so far.

Hadestown Understudies  Jul 22 2019, 05:49:29 PM
I think the show holds up very well with Eva’s understudies. I agree that André, Amber, and Patrick are the ones I wouldn’t want to miss. Within a couple minutes of André taking the stage I thought to myself - “Oh, he’s magical.” The way he moves, his singing and his presence on the stage completely drew me in. And watching Amber and Patrick as they rekindle their love is some incredible acting. I personally thought Orpheus and Eurydice’s story pales compared to that because I never really f

Hadestown Understudies  Jul 21 2019, 02:35:24 PM
I saw Khaila Wilcoxon as Eurydice on June 25th. It was her first time on for the track and she was fantastic.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.