Profile for boonanas

Member Name: boonanas
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SLAVA'S SNOWSHOW to Play Limited Engagement at the Sondheim  Nov 11 2019, 03:42:24 PM

This reminds me of "Mummenshanz" which plays every so often in the city, with 'clowns' using props in interesting ways, and no words are spoken, some audience interaction,e tc.

BEETLEJUICE Previews  Mar 29 2019, 08:34:14 AM

I'm not sure where all the hate is coming from, but I had a great time watching this last night.  It was funny and memorable.  The leads are great, love the meta aspects of the show.  Set design is great.  I'm not sure what else to say as people have made their minds up about this already without even seeing it.

Company London  Mar 27 2019, 03:30:03 PM

Lupone's role is surprisingly small given the above the name credit she gets.  She really only shines in one number.

Alice By Heart (PREVIEWS)  Feb 28 2019, 01:35:16 PM

I saw this last night.  I found it to be OKAY.  About half the songs are good, the other half are forgettable, and I mostly found it confusing.  It almost felt like experimental theater throughout. 

TRUE WEST stage door  Feb 25 2019, 06:46:39 PM

haterobics said: "boonanas said: "I know Ethan does photos, does Paul still do them? Thanks."

Can't say, none of the 7 people wanted a photo with either?!
"

Oh ok, thanks for responding!

TRUE WEST stage door  Feb 25 2019, 02:16:36 PM

haterobics said: "I rarely stage door, but heard from this thread that it was so chill and easy, and since I've always loved Ethan's work, I gave it a go yesterday. Seemed like 7 people total, and both were out within 20 minutes. Perfect."

I know Ethan does photos, does Paul still do them?  Thanks.

So...is Harry Potter better in part 2?  Feb 20 2019, 05:33:20 PM

dramamama611 said: "Seriously. My son and I are seriously debating whether or not to actually return after dinner

We are so disappointed... it just feels like bad fanfic.
"

I was in tears after part 1 ended, I found it to be a feast for the eyes and quite entertaining. Part 2 is not as fun but I'm sorry you didn't enjoy yourself

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) - Rush Updates  Feb 17 2019, 07:22:38 AM
4 ppl in line as of 7 15

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews  Feb 16 2019, 12:12:23 PM
I saw it last night with no prior knowledge and I found it to be a bit... much. There are some scenes that there's just a lot happening which I found hard to follow. There are two mean girl characters that look similar but the ability to tell them apart is a crucial part of the story. However, I enjoyed the songs and the overall concept is pretty interesting. I would love to see a movie made with this concept.

BEETLEJUICE Box Office Sweepstakes  Feb 14 2019, 04:03:47 PM

thank you to the person who posted about it being available online.  This'll be the cheapest ticket for the best seat that I've ever gotten.  Just hope the show is somewhat entertaining!

To Kill a Mockingbird Rush  Feb 1 2019, 02:55:07 PM

I arrived at the theater at around 9:55 AM last Saturday, the line was probably to the end of the theater (not sure how many people... over 30 maybe?)  By the time I got there, they had Standing Room for Matinee and a single partial view ticket.  It seems like they also had standing room for the night show.  People were passing on the standing room which is how I was able to get two.  Success!

Network stage door  Feb 1 2019, 11:02:56 AM

Does anyone come out after matinees?

KING KONG - Previews  Oct 10 2018, 08:57:06 AM

I enjoyed the show overall, but I do see peoples points of the songs being unmemorable.  However, if you go into this thinking its going to basically be a circus/spectacle, I think you'd come out of it positively.  There were some timing issues with some of the more complex elements of the show but that is to be expected this early in previews.  I also adore the fact that the show actually had technical difficulties, and something happens later in the show that mirrored tha

KING KONG - Previews  Oct 9 2018, 09:10:31 PM
Director of choreography came out and said the show will continue and that the problem 'never happened before'

Mike Birbiglia's The New One coming to Broadway  Sep 26 2018, 01:20:30 PM

...why?

I saw this at the Cherry Lane Theater and while it was an overall good night, I see no reason for this to go on Broadway.

David Cook Stagedoor  Apr 15 2018, 05:15:20 PM

broadwayfan128 said: "Has David been signing/taking pictures ? "

Are you a broadway fan or a stage door fan?

Frozen Standing Room  Mar 30 2018, 11:20:28 AM

I think it's hilarious that one would say "I've done standing room here before!" expecting something like "Oh, then we must be offering it based on your experience!"

Billy Joel tonight .. extra tickets  Mar 28 2018, 04:57:05 PM

Very nice of you!

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Mar 28 2018, 04:45:25 PM

Found a single balcony ticket for Tuesday June 5th, matinee and night show.  Total $102.  Magic can happen!

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Mar 26 2018, 09:40:52 AM

Lot666 said: "If anyone is interested in these seats, I'll be contacting Ticketmaster when they open today to cancel this order (I'm changing dates):

Orchestra Right
Row K
Seats 14-16
"

How much and when?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.