Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for willep

willep Profile Photo
Member Name: willep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Seeking anyone connected with 'Carrie'...  Jul 4 2020, 11:11:39 AM
Considering the OP said audience members qualify, yeah, i would say you do...

How is everyone doing?  Jul 3 2020, 06:44:43 AM

Robbie2 said: "I'm Happythat most and I say most NY'ers are MASKING up everywhere...It really makes me feel good about the city we live in and that people are considerate and respectful of others along with social distancing. I can't say that for the rest of the USA where people have issues about wearing masks...”

We must live in different neighborhoods, as I cert

Roundabout Is Planning On Late Sept/Early Oct  Jun 16 2020, 04:53:22 AM

RippedMan said: "Is there anything stopping Cuomo from forcing masks in Public Spaces?"

There is no way to enforce that though.

Hadestown disdain?  Jun 9 2020, 10:30:41 PM
I’m a big fan of Hadestown, loved the concept album and saw it at NYTW and on Broadway. I think I’m in a small camp of vastly preferring the Broadway version of Orpheus. I thought Damon was by far the weak link at NYTW. I have since come to acknowledge that it may have been the character was written at the time and not all Damon (I have since seen him in other stuff and loved him).

Hadestown disdain?  Jun 9 2020, 10:14:31 PM

SouthernCakes said: "...I think they should have ended act 1 with “wait for me” and opened act 2 with Patrick’s song. The ending of act 1 was just not exciting and then the opening of act 2 wasn’t exciting. "

I believe I read/heard an interview somewhere with Patrick Page where he said that they actually tried that for a couple days (the start of Edmonton run, perhaps?) and it just didn’t work for whatever reason.

What Broadway Play Do You Regret Not Seeing?  Jun 9 2020, 10:10:24 PM

uncageg said: "The Pillowman

The Boys in the Band (I thought it was sold out and that I couldn't get a ticket)
"

The Pillowman is the first that came to mind for me, although that was the season I saw my first Broadway show and wasn’t really up on everything so I didn’t know what I missed until afterwards. It’s one of my favorite plays and I’ve never seen a production, but that cast...

Dreamcasting Fiddler movie  May 31 2020, 12:18:57 PM

JVJ93 said: "Michael Stuhlbarg as Tevye"

This.

Central Park on Apple TV  May 31 2020, 08:16:42 AM

Yeah, I was a little put off by that, but they also have Daveed Diggs voicing a white character.

Central Park on Apple TV  May 30 2020, 02:27:44 PM
I’ve been looking forward to this one for awhile now. Watched the first episode last night and enjoyed it. I am looking forward to seeing more.

Ryan Murphy's HOLLYWOOD on Netflix  May 16 2020, 07:09:50 PM

There is literally no conflict in the entire show. No stakes, no drama, nothing. Its kind of amazing.

Change of heart on particular actors?  May 9 2020, 06:04:43 PM
First saw Damon Duanno in Hadestown and was not a fan, thought he was the weak link in an otherwise wonderful production. I then saw him in Beardo and he won me over. There are moments from that that are still etched into my mind.

Tootsie Tour That Would Have Been  May 8 2020, 11:12:46 PM
Oooh, Brian Tyree Henry??

Tootsie Tour That Would Have Been  May 8 2020, 11:11:59 PM
Josh Gad?

Sing Street OBCR  Apr 22 2020, 12:38:53 PM
Thanks for the info! Yes! Those are exactly the two Zara things that I was most looking forward to hearing again! That’s a shame.

Sing Street OBCR  Apr 22 2020, 11:46:17 AM
Are there songs missing? I remember Zara being featured in two songs that I really loved and I feel like one of them isn’t here, but don’t have a song list from when I went to the second preview.

Dave Malloy's BEARDO is available for free streaming for the next two weeks  Apr 12 2020, 09:23:08 AM

Add me to the camp that LOVED the Pipeline Theatre production in Brooklyn. I, too, went back and saw it a second time. There are several moments that have stayed with me since. I’m looking forward to watching this production.

Law and Order: SVU Episode  Mar 26 2020, 11:29:42 PM

I haven’t watched in years either. Wasn’t tonight the episode with Patrick Page? Maybe I will check it out.

National Theatre's 'One Man Two Guvnors' will stream online for free!  Mar 26 2020, 09:21:12 PM

One Man... is definitely one of the most fun nights of theatre I’ve ever had and I can’t wait to watch it again. I’ve been so hoping that the National Theatre would start releasing these for quarantine viewing.

As for Frankenstein, I loved watching that when they broadcast it. In my opinion the best pairing was Cumberbatch as the creature, but both are great!

Aaron Tveit has tested positive (BUT IS OK!)  Mar 23 2020, 03:14:40 PM

I, too, am very surprised that he managed to actually get a test. He’s not that rich and famous.

“Diana” cancelled tonight 3/5/20  Mar 6 2020, 07:49:47 PM
Didn’t something like this happen with the most recent Cabaret revival? I recall them having to cancel a performance and then taking a day to rehearse Alan Cumming’s understudy.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.