Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for ArtMan

Member Name: ArtMan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening  Oct 23 2020, 04:07:06 PM

double

Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening  Oct 23 2020, 04:07:06 PM

LizzieCurry said: "That's interesting — and unfortunate! I was there in October of 2018 with a cell phone and a regular camera. I went with my family and my dad and uncle are both big hobby photographers and brought fairly large cameras with them. They'd be bummed out by this rule.

It's in the FAQ, but it's not like they make a big point of it: https://www.neonmuseum.org/about/f-a-q
"

Lizzie, When I went I took a day tour.  Took l

Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening  Oct 23 2020, 08:08:13 AM

LizzieCurry said: "I'm glad to see the Neon Museum has reopened! I went two years ago after having gone shortly after they had initially opened. It's a really great experience and oddly poignant. I highly recommend it."

I went a couple of years ago.  Enjoyed it and would have gone back.....but they won't let you take pictures anymore with a camera.  They changed their policy in 2019.  Only pictures with a cellphone.   I'm

Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening  Oct 22 2020, 07:47:27 PM

Maybe if this is successful, more shows maybe  open by February.  I really want to visit in 2021.  Since shows are a big part of my visit, I won't return until there are more options.  During my visit, I usually do two nature excursions which are all day trips.   One of my destinations is currently closed due to Covid.  So I have to consider that also.

Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening  Oct 22 2020, 06:19:52 PM

I also read that they were relocating some of the smaller shows into bigger showrooms within their hotels, so that it would help with social distancing.

Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening  Oct 22 2020, 07:39:29 AM

When I did my general periodic search, last night, there was an article stating which ones.  Off the top of my head was Absinthe, David Copperfield, X Country, CarrotTop, Jabbawockeez, Australian stripper show Thunder From Down Under, Australian Bee Gees, strip show Fantasy and Brad Garrett Comedy Room.  It's a start.

Your First Broadway Musical Recording  Oct 21 2020, 10:42:20 PM

The first I purchased was A Chorus Line OBC on vinyl. It was my first show, although it was a tour production.   (It would be years later when I saw my second show)   However, my parents or Grandmother (can't remember) already had in the house, Fiddler On The Roof OBC on vinyl.

Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening  Oct 21 2020, 10:35:44 PM

I periodically check about Las Vegas shows reopening and to my surprise a handful of shows are reopening, starting the end of this month.  They are reducing the number of tickets sold and distancing from the stage.   Based on the Vegas4Locals ebay website, I think a few smaller shows have already opened (comedy shows).  I hope this continues safely.  I had to cancel a trip this year and really want to return in 2021.

Takarazuka ANASTASIA with new Dmitry song 'She Walks In'  Oct 20 2020, 11:00:51 PM

At this point...I would love to see ANY live production.  I had tickets to the cancelled tour this year.  I  prepurchased the cast cd as a "souvenir"  for the show as I do every show I attend.  Yet....no show.  Hoping down the road, a tour will be announced.  Maybe 2021 or 2022?

2020 Tony Nominations Thread  Oct 15 2020, 04:00:01 PM

How long will it take before someone starts a thread, "Who do you think will win the 2020 Tony for Best Actor In A Musical?"  I, for one, enjoyed him in Moulin Rouge, as well as in Next To Normal and Catch Me If You Can.  Really talented and when I met him, extremely nice.

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 3 2020, 02:33:48 PM

GottaHaveAGimmick said: "ArtMan said: "I have not seen the Netflix film, but have seen the original film many times. Can someone detail the friction between Donald and Harold that is now being presented. Unless I have missed something watching the original film, I never saw any indication of this. In fact, Donald comes across very sympathetic towards Harold when Michael throws his barbs. Someone also posted earlier, that Harold is "overall hostile". I don't see

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 2 2020, 11:51:29 PM

Nealb1, You could get a really good  40 "flat screen tv for under $200.  Just look out for the sales.  However, what you may find is that your dvd player is not compatible  with the new tv.  My dvd player would work but only show movies in black and white.  So I had to purchase two blu ray players, that play dvds.  It was a Sony and reasonably priced.  I also know nothing about installing and connecting.  That is what" know it all br

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 2 2020, 04:22:22 PM

Thanks for the info.  I had read some years back that Harold and Michael possibly had a past relationship, which ended when Michael cheated on him.  When Harold says "in affairs of the heart, there are no rules", then looks over at Michael, that could support this theory.  Maybe there is animosity, because Harold thinks Donald and Michael are in a relationship of some kind.  Again, I don't find Harold to be hostile, but will stand his ground when provoke

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 2 2020, 01:35:31 PM

I have not seen the Netflix film, but have seen the original film many times.  Can someone detail the friction between Donald and Harold that is now being presented.  Unless I have missed something watching the original film, I never saw any indication of this.  In fact, Donald comes across very sympathetic towards Harold when Michael throws his barbs.  Someone also posted earlier, that Harold is "overall hostile".  I don't see this at all in any of Haro

Audience Rewards  Sep 24 2020, 09:42:33 AM

itsjustmejonhotmailcom said: "ArtMan said: "I could see your point if the new redemption was for new inventory with newer shows included. But these are the same magnets, Cats, Waitress....that has been part of their selection, for the lower points, for at least one year. These magnets were not in demand ayear ago at 900 points. What makes them so in demand now to raise to 1700 points?"

You could say the same thing about a flight: last year the exact same

Audience Rewards  Sep 21 2020, 03:11:39 PM

I could see your point if the new redemption was for new inventory with newer shows included.  But these are the same magnets, Cats, Waitress....that has been part of their selection, for the lower points, for at least one year.  These magnets were not in demand a year ago at 900 points.  What makes them so in demand now to raise to 1700 points?

Audience Rewards  Sep 19 2020, 04:54:32 PM

They have increased the points again, second time in less than a month.  A magnet that was 900 points in August is now 1700 points.  I sure would like to know why they keep raising the point value.  I should have redeemed for the magnet in August.

RIP Edward Albee  Sep 16 2020, 05:11:31 PM

Good Lord.

RIP Edward Albee  Sep 16 2020, 05:11:30 PM

RIP Edward Albee  Sep 16 2020, 05:11:30 PM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.