Profile for singer234

Member Name: singer234
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Actors With Unhealthy Singing Technique?  Jul 6 2020, 02:42:33 PM
Jessie Mueller’s voice is astounding, but she could barely make it through the end of her Waitress run without cracking and straining. It was hard to watch.

Revivals post COVID  May 26 2020, 02:47:10 PM
They essentially announced a Hairspray revival at Margo Lion’s memorial, though who knows now w/ Covid. From what I heard a more #metoo based revival of Legally Blonde is in the works for Broadway as well.

If there ever was an all-Black production of A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC...  Apr 27 2020, 04:54:57 PM

Jackee Harry could be inspired casting as Desiree. Would be so fun to watch.

If there ever was an all-Black production of A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC...  Apr 27 2020, 11:14:28 AM
Jelani would be a great Carl Magnus but a tenor he most certainly is not.

What Character in a Musical Most Resembles Trump?  Apr 23 2020, 11:50:13 AM

Oh this is easy. Patrick Bateman.

LaChiusa's Wild Party 20 Years Later  Apr 14 2020, 01:28:11 PM

NYU Tisch did a fabulous production a few years back. It actually featured a bunch of Broadway names now, including Jelani Alladin and Alex Gibson. I was able to find a few clips on youtube but there’s not much. That’s Jelani and Taylor Daniels, who is currently in Hamilton.

https://youtu.be/jhc9c02FM_o

Moulin Rouge on GMA  Feb 18 2020, 02:36:50 PM
I’ve seen all 3 and Amber was far and away my favorite. You just can’t take your eyes off her when she’s onstage, and she has a gorgeous voice. Imo, of all three, she has the “it” factor. Seeing how much fun she was having as the green fairy was worth seeing the show alone. Plus, she easily outdances Karen and Ashley. Sparkling Diamond was thrilling with Amber.

MEAN GIRLS Recoups and Announces Film Adaptation  Jan 24 2020, 10:11:22 AM
In the article Fey jokes that this is her Marvel Universe, but it’s pretty much true. I think a movie like this, with the power Fey has behind her, could happen much much faster than anyone thinks. In fact, I imagine they would want it out to boost tour sales if the bway show has closed. This just feels to me like they’re letting the world know they don’t plan on going anywhere anytime soon. Though now that it’s recouped, if it casts correctly, I think it could have a Waitress length run and las

Erika Henningsen to Depart Mean Girls  Jan 12 2020, 06:54:26 AM
I would love to see Hailey Kilgore play this part.

Female performers who aren't dancers?  Jan 12 2020, 05:38:28 AM
I think a lot of the leads in Mean Girls who have passed through “can dance” but are in no way dancers. Taylor Louderman comes to mind. Caissie Levy?

MEAN GIRLS To Welcome Social Media Star Cameron Dallas For Four Week Run  Dec 20 2019, 09:34:34 PM
Isn’t the rumor that Beetlejuice would move to another Shubert house? August Wilson is a Jujamncyn theatre. Either way they should make enough during the holidays to hold them over through the bad months. Then all the remaining OBC should be leaving and they can stunt cast to their heart’s desire.

Helen Shaw takes down both BOM and Hamilton on Vulture  Dec 18 2019, 02:39:09 PM

Please tell me how a woman with a BA, MFA, and a job TEACHING at a university is a college student? How gross and condescending. 

Helen Shaw takes down both BOM and Hamilton on Vulture  Dec 18 2019, 12:27:54 PM
She’s right. There are WEAK VOCALS in Hamilton that are entirely unacceptable.

Light in the Piazza tour - Broadway transfer?  Dec 18 2019, 12:11:15 PM
And her new show in DC this winter! I can’t think of another actress her age who has worked so steadily on such a large scale the past year or so.

Frozen Casting?  Dec 12 2019, 05:47:37 PM
Would love to see Taylor Louderman as Elsa, though idk if she’d replace (or even do theatre again).

Way Too Early 2020 Tony Predictions thread  Dec 12 2019, 05:46:30 PM
Lead actress is stacked. As far as I can tell there’s only one slot open, with the other 4 going to Sharon, Adrienne, Katrina, and Karen. I also think people are vastly underestimating Moulin Rouge’s potential to win big. It’s the single most popular show on Broadway right now, second only to Hamilton. I know that doesn’t translate to awards, but it’s certainly no “joke” amongst insiders the way some people here would make it out to be. Karen herself was just highlighted as one of the reasons it

Broadway actors moving to California  Nov 30 2019, 08:52:48 AM
Telsey also has an office in LA and regularly holds auditions for their theatre projects there.

2019 thanksgiving parade broadway performances  Nov 28 2019, 09:34:07 AM
Why would Mean Girls not feature the Plastics? They rarely do promotionally. They should have just done all of Meet The Plastics instead. Show Renee Rapp, not one of the weakest songs in the show! Ugh.

Michelle Pfeiffer MUST Be Phyllis In The FOLLIES Film  Nov 15 2019, 12:44:31 PM
Renee Zellweger could be an interesting Sally.

Issues at Mean Girls last night  Nov 15 2019, 08:32:25 AM
I agree. Lorne seems understanding but practical. He was supportive of Pete Davidson on SNL thru his rough time, and did not fire him, but you’ll barely find Pete performing in any sketches now.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.