Profile for darreyl102

darreyl102 Profile Photo
Member Name: darreyl102
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: https://www.facebook.com/darreyldecarlo.henderson
Blog Address: http://livinginamaterialworld.weebly.com/

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ben Platt Wants to Return to Broadway  Jul 8 2020, 03:17:38 PM

CT2NYC said: "brian1973 said: "I think people have just realised he’s very good..at Playing Ben Platt. He has no range.
also his singing with closed eyes things drives me mad too. He’s the male Lea Michelle.
"

A lot of actors have madevery successful careers out of basically playing themselves: Tom Cruise, Al Pacino, Sally Field, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Diane Keaton, Jack Nicholson. Julia Roberts, Will Smith, Brad Pitt, Johnny

Ben Platt Wants to Return to Broadway  Jul 8 2020, 03:17:37 PM

CT2NYC said: "brian1973 said: "I think people have just realised he’s very good..at Playing Ben Platt. He has no range.
also his singing with closed eyes things drives me mad too. He’s the male Lea Michelle.
"

A lot of actors have madevery successful careers out of basically playing themselves: Tom Cruise, Al Pacino, Sally Field, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Diane Keaton, Jack Nicholson. Julia Roberts, Will Smith, Brad Pitt, Johnny

Hamilton on Disney to be MUTED?  Jul 3 2020, 12:46:45 AM

Sutton Ross said: "
Y’all know In the Heights was censured during its Broadway run, right? Fuck the bling and Show some ****ing spirit were removed from the show in order to make it more accessible to kids.
Lin did that.

Before he went Hollywood.

But do go on.

Um, that has nothing to do with anything that we are talking about here. No one is talking about children or accessibility. I liked him, his personality and his choices

Aurora Spiderwoman!?!?  Jun 25 2020, 07:32:11 PM
Again? Damn!! That's happened a couple times. Hopefully they will open a new account.

Question about all the GYPSY revivals  Jun 23 2020, 11:56:19 PM

A Director said: "I just watched Bernadette and Patti sing Rose's Turn. Bernadette was wonderful playing different levels. She was scary. Patti was angry from beginning to end, all on one level. "Stop acting Patti." With Bernadette, I saw a character. With Patti, I saw Patti doing a lot beginning acting crap. She wrestled the song to the mat and left it in a heap."

Yet she won the Tony and Bernadette lost to Marissa Jaret Winokur 

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  Jun 23 2020, 11:45:30 PM

Rumpelstiltskin said: "Has anyone seen any indication of how long it will be available on D+? I assumed this would be a one-time thing when it was first announced, but the marketing indicates a start date of July 3 in much the same way streaming services marketshows that stick around forever. I’m sure that won’t be the case, but I haven’t seen anything definitive that tells me one way or the other. "

I HIGHLY doubt they would spend 75 million dollar

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  Jun 23 2020, 11:45:05 PM

Rumpelstiltskin said: "Has anyone seen any indication of how long it will be available on D+? I assumed this would be a one-time thing when it was first announced, but the marketing indicates a start date of July 3 in much the same way streaming services marketshows that stick around forever. I’m sure that won’t be the case, but I haven’t seen anything definitive that tells me one way or the other. "

I HIGHLY doubt they would spend 75 million dollar

re: Queen Latifah as Pearl Bailey  Jun 22 2020, 05:28:25 PM

eyeonbroadway said: "I've been very impressed with Queen Latifah and I think she would do a great Pearl.

I don't know much about Pearl Bailey other than what I remember from television...How did she get a reputation for being such a bitch? She always came across as being so laid back and genuine..."

I know I'm bumping this up after years BUT Regardin being a B or mean- I read a PEOPLE magazine article interview with

Spring 2021 Broadway  Jun 20 2020, 09:55:33 PM

Jordan Levinson said: "darreyl102 said: "Jordan Levinson said: "I keep getting less and less confident about B'way reopening next spring. Even if a spring opening occurs, I still want to keep myself and others safe post-vaccine.I practically lived off cast recordings, YouTube clips, and interviews to get my fill of this last season.

During this unprecedented time, I have also developed a temporary soft spot for bootlegs (I don't usually approve of

Spring 2021 Broadway  Jun 20 2020, 09:55:28 PM

Jordan Levinson said: "darreyl102 said: "Jordan Levinson said: "I keep getting less and less confident about B'way reopening next spring. Even if a spring opening occurs, I still want to keep myself and others safe post-vaccine.I practically lived off cast recordings, YouTube clips, and interviews to get my fill of this last season.

During this unprecedented time, I have also developed a temporary soft spot for bootlegs (I don't usually approve of

Spring 2021 Broadway  Jun 20 2020, 09:55:23 PM

Spring 2021 Broadway  Jun 20 2020, 07:40:19 PM

Jordan Levinson said: "I keep getting less and less confident about B'way reopening next spring. Even if a spring opening occurs, I still want to keep myself and others safe post-vaccine.I practically lived off cast recordings, YouTube clips, and interviews to get my fill of this last season.

During this unprecedented time, I have also developed a temporary soft spot for bootlegs (I don't usually approve of them), since seeing a lot of the newer shows live is not p

Spring 2021 Broadway  Jun 20 2020, 07:40:16 PM

Jordan Levinson said: "I keep getting less and less confident about B'way reopening next spring. Even if a spring opening occurs, I still want to keep myself and others safe post-vaccine.I practically lived off cast recordings, YouTube clips, and interviews to get my fill of this last season.

During this unprecedented time, I have also developed a temporary soft spot for bootlegs (I don't usually approve of them), since seeing a lot of the newer shows live is not p

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  Jun 19 2020, 06:58:07 PM

Fosse76 said: "darreyl102 said: "Fosse76 said: "darreyl102 said: "Don't put the cart before the mule. People are debating this ad nauseam. Why don't we just WAIT and see before making a snap conclusion. "

Because this is a discussion board. It is a very legitimate concern considering the amount of censorship beingemployed on Disney+.
"

My point is that we shouldn't just make assumptions. And this thread i

Liza Minnelli Fan Mail Address?  Jun 18 2020, 06:58:24 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Same reason they don’t want to write to Barbra Streisand, Shirley Bassey, Suzanne Somers, Bernadette Peters, Debra Messing, or even Chita Rivera. People don’t write to anyone anymore. Most fan interactions these days are via social media. Millions love Liza. They just don’t feel the need to write to her. "

Nice blanket statement there. And a wrong one at that. Lol

Liza Minnelli Fan Mail Address?  Jun 18 2020, 06:58:24 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Same reason they don’t want to write to Barbra Streisand, Shirley Bassey, Suzanne Somers, Bernadette Peters, Debra Messing, or even Chita Rivera. People don’t write to anyone anymore. Most fan interactions these days are via social media. Millions love Liza. They just don’t feel the need to write to her. "

Liza Minnelli Fan Mail Address?  Jun 18 2020, 06:58:23 PM

Your biggest Broadway crush  Jun 15 2020, 01:55:57 PM

Nick Adams. He's a true triple threat, gorgeous, does alot to give back to the community and is one of the nicest guys i've had the chance to meet.https://www.instagram.com/p/ByjXH0VJtXu/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link Nick Adams and I after 'Falsettos' at the Ahmanson Theatre- Los Angeles, CA " />

Anthem for right now: "I KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN"  Jun 4 2020, 06:32:35 PM

latitudex1 said: "darreyl102 said: "zamedy2 said: "This 11 o'clock number from HAIRSPRAY has always been a quiet favorite of mine. But boy oh boy are these lyrics so incredibly relevant in this country right now.

There are so many powerful versions of this song. I've found myself listening a lot lately to this performance from my favorite Motormouth: the legendary Ms. Darlene Love. Impossible to watch this and not FEEL this song:

Anthem for right now: "I KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN"  Jun 4 2020, 06:31:00 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "It's written by two old white guys, you know."

Who fought tooth-and-nail to have the song kept in the show. The producers and heads bawkled at the song and said that the 11 o clock number should belong to Tracy. Mark and Scott argued that it was important to showcase who the show was really about. In that the song belong to those people: the African American people, who were at the heart of the struggle. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.