Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Play Esq.

Play Esq. Profile Photo
Member Name: Play Esq.
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

I need a Hairspray revival.  May 15 2020, 10:54:48 AM

This made me tear up for all the right reasons.  I thought this musical was just so trivial when it came out and I never gave it the time of day.  I regret that and, agreeing with the OP....I NEED A HAIRSPRAY REVIVAL!

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 28 2020, 11:43:43 AM

Has Sondheim done an interview or released a statement since Sunday?  I was sad to see that he didn't have an opportunity to say a few words during the stream.  

Social Distance Seating Plans  Apr 28 2020, 10:36:39 AM

The Barrington Theater just announced their plan for a reduced season which begins in August.  Very optimistic, but I admire their confidence and ingenuity and it gives me great hope.  To my knowledge, this is the first theater company to provide a plan for social distance attendance, including entering the theater and seating.  It seems pretty well thought out, but I wonder if it's actually practicable.

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 27 2020, 01:24:25 PM

It's a Critic's Pick!

COMPANY revival recording  Mar 24 2020, 09:04:39 PM

/ Now this is news to share!

COMPANY revival recording  Mar 24 2020, 09:01:49 PM

BdwayLife:  I feel the same way.  Same with all those who attacked this really innocent post.   All this talk about "don't you know what's going on in this world!!!!" and yet these same people continue to be...rude.  It's not difficult to be nice.  We need that a lot more than usual.

Sondheim Birthday Celebration!  Mar 18 2020, 06:44:23 PM

Any news on his health?  There were those reports a few weeks back but he made it to the first previews so that was welcome news.

I'm taking refuge in Litchfield County and would be happy to deliver supplies to the birthday boy, free of charge!

James McAvoy CYRANO DE BERGERAC to play BAM  Mar 6 2020, 11:24:30 AM

lotiloti:

I completely agree with your comments.  To your credit: at least you stayed.  I couldn't stand another minute of that drivel and left at intermission.  I would have left earlier had I not been in the center of my aisle.   

WHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF? Preview Thread  Mar 4 2020, 12:02:42 PM

Desperate to hear more for those there last night.  I'm wondering if the production is in good shape now for a visit next week or would waiting for it to tighten and getting tickets closer to opening be a better option?

James McAvoy CYRANO DE BERGERAC to play BAM  Mar 4 2020, 10:32:08 AM

I know I'm going to be in the minority on this one, but I really did not like this production at all.  Full disclosure, I am not a big fan of the play (though loved the Klein revival years back).  I had hoped the rap element would assist the script...it didn't.

Yes, McAvoy is quite broody (and yes...quite sexy), but the production did nothing for me.  

Claire Foy and Matt Smith to Reunite, on a Brooklyn Stage  Feb 8 2020, 07:32:49 PM

supersam1026:

Thanks very much for the password - chose two lovely seats for April.  From what I can tell, good tickets are still available but it was definitely thinning out.   For those interested in going, I would book ASAP.

RICHARD II and AS YOU LIKE IT (PublicWorks) to play Shakespeare in the Park  Jan 31 2020, 12:04:09 PM

I really do miss the days when the Shakespeare in the Park announcement used to be epic: Hathaway in Twelfth Night...Pacino in Merchant of Venice...Meryl Streep in Mother Courage.  

When do Assassins tickets go on sale?  Jan 14 2020, 12:02:35 PM

Done!  That was easy!

FRANKIE AND JOHNNY Previews  May 4 2019, 08:34:46 AM

First, thank you ALL so much for this head's up: just scored to center mezz seats for May 13!  That's the best Broadway offer I've seen in years!

Second, I HATE THE TELECHARGE WEBSITE!  I tried on two different devices to buy tickets and was told that I "selected too many tickets" (I selected two and chose two at the purchase page).  In either event, I called Telecharge and the representative was incredible helpful and secured the tickets I saw on l

Reaching out to Chicago Posters!  Apr 29 2019, 10:43:01 AM

Hello everyone...heading to Chicago in a few weeks and have a couple of spots still available.  If anything new has jumped out in recent weeks, please let me know.  

Thanks!

Laurie Metcalf and Eddie Izzard in WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?  Apr 15 2019, 02:25:22 PM

How is this not blowing up everyones' collective minds???  Laurie as Martha and Eddie is returning to Broadway???  Either of those statements in isolation would bring me complete joy but both together make me want to do a backflip  

MOULIN ROUGE Loading Into The Hirschfeld In May  Oct 25 2018, 07:42:12 PM

Happy to hear this news: it's the only show in my life that I saw twice in one day.  With that said, I'm a little surprised to hear that they won't be opening before the expiration of this season's Tony eligibility period.  I can't see any other musical taking the award for best new musical. 

I wouldn't be too surprised if we get an earlier opening date after the reviews of King Kong come out...at least by early accounts of previews.

Moulin Rouge at Emerson Colonial Theatre Reviews  Aug 5 2018, 09:21:34 PM
Having - read and not responded to - most of the obnoxious comments related to Moulin Rouge on this page, I really wonder if most of the commentators actually saw it. Thank you Ben for agreeing with a position I had at first viewing: that this is truely something special. I’ve never in my life left a matinee performance only to run to the box office and buy house seats for the evening show.

This show will do incredibly well in New York and I can’t wait for the transfer! Congratulation

Lempicka at WTF  Jul 30 2018, 12:57:04 PM

Was in Williamstown for this and Seared over the weekend.  While I agree with much of the praise, this pieces needs work before it comes to NYC.  First and foremost: it's almost three hours long!  Many supportive characters have songs but, to be frank, they hardly advance the show.  I would start the trimming process there and see what's left to trim.

The principals were all very good, and while I am happy that Espinosa has finally found a good vehicle

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 14 2018, 05:28:42 PM
Just left the matinee. I’m simply shocked that there is almost no discussion about how this show is going to print money. Despite a few flaws, this show is the most enjoyable production I’ve seen in forever. This will kill in New York! Loved it so much, I bought seats for tonight’s performance as well!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.