Profile for Shubert Alley Cat

Shubert Alley Cat Profile Photo
Member Name: Shubert Alley Cat
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bombshell Benefit Concert  May 13 2020, 08:04:02 PM

Who sang the Bernadette Peters' numbers?  I don't see her in the cast listing.

Beauty & the Beast Disney Memories  Apr 18 2020, 06:17:04 PM

I saw this show on my first NYC trip in 1995 after I graduated from high school.  My mother took me to see SUNSET BOULEVARD w/ Glenn Close, BEAUTY & THE BEAST, MISS SAIGON, the Hal Prince SHOWBOAT, and LES MIS (which we had seen before on tour).  It was a magical trip and I can remember BEAUTY fondly.

God I loved that "Be Our Guest" number with the candles coming up out of the stage and the champagne bottles sparkling at the end.  The audience went nuts for

MY FAIR LADY film :lucky Julie  Apr 10 2020, 09:50:22 PM

Globefan said: "Musical Master said: "I think of the big three from 1964-65, the film adaptation of My Fair Lady as aged the worstbecause of direction and how dull it feels as a whole. Plus I think the revival and it's re-staged ending proved that this story can work in modern eyes because that's the kind of thing that even George Bernard Shaw would approve of. Personally I would love a new film version with Greta Gerwig directing it due to how lovely and almost musi

Broadway trip - Times Square/midtown hotels with no resort fees  Feb 17 2020, 11:38:30 PM

I've been staying at the CitizenM on my last few trips (at 50th/Broadway), and I don't believe they charge a resort fee.  Love that place. 

Jeremy Jordan to join LSOH beginning March 17  Feb 5 2020, 12:11:47 PM

Interesting . . . JJ has concerts scheduled in Kansas City on March 23, 24, and 25.  Guess those are not happening now.  While I am not attending, I have some students who are looking forward to this concert (and it's already been pushed back to this date from last fall).

MOCKINGBIRD merchandise?  Sep 1 2019, 11:02:58 PM
Sorry Miles ... I don’t remember.

MOCKINGBIRD merchandise?  Sep 1 2019, 10:48:00 PM
Saw the show this afternoon. They have apparel, the windowcard, a souvenir program book, and other stuff. I got the program and the magnet. The merch is in the downstairs lounge area.

KINKY BOOTS at the movies  Jun 29 2019, 10:46:45 PM

Saw KINKY BOOTS on the big screen here in Kansas City this afternoon.  I had forgot how totally fun this show is although I'm still bothered by the sudden character turn by Charlie that seems to come out of nowhere to keep the plot going in ACT 2.

Interesting today that sitting in the movie theater in the row behind me was David Cook's mother (he is from KC).  At the intermission she talked about seeing her son perform Charlie on Broadway.  The woman sitting righ

KISS ME, KATE (2019 Roundabout Revival) - Previews  Feb 18 2019, 10:29:16 PM

What has been the running time of the production thus far?

Report on NYC Theatre Trip 8/14 - 8/19  Aug 22 2018, 04:21:23 PM

Well, I am back from a great theater trip last week in NYC.  Now - it didn't start so great as my flight to LaGuardia was cancelled and so it took a lot longer to get to the city. In fact, I missed THE BAND'S VISIT, but I do want to thank Telecharge and the Barrymore box office for allowing me a refund.  I made it to my hotel (CitizenM - loved it BTW) and out to Brooklyn for my first show by 10:30 PM. So here is what I thought of the shows I saw.

8/14 -

New Souvenir Programs  Aug 6 2018, 04:25:05 PM

Does Mean Girls have souvenir programs yet?  Still no official word . . .

Box office / will call question  Jun 22 2018, 04:11:21 PM

So for my theater trip in August I have selected to pick up all of my tickets will call at the box office.  Here is my question:  Do I have to pick up the tickets the day of each performance?  Or can I drop by each box office anytime before the performance at my convenience to pick up the tickets?  

For example, if I arrive to NYC on Tuesday but am not seeing Harry Potter until Saturday, could I pick up my tickets at the box office on, say, the Friday in betwee

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Jun 16 2018, 11:02:16 PM

Well, hot damn!

I had a ticket for my performance (I got this ticket on the public onsale date) for Row A side balcony for $165 per part.

I've been checking my date to see if anything better would show up - and today - I just got Orchestra Left Row G Seat 15 for $189 per part.  I think the additional $50 is worth this seat location upgrade!

So I just canceled my Balcony Left Row A Seat 21 for the shows on Saturday, August 18 via online ticketmaster ch

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Jun 2 2018, 10:14:03 PM

Shubert Alley Cat said: "So I got my seat for this show way back in February and got Left Balcony A21. Now I'm worried because on Viewfrommyseat.com others who sat in A23 - A29 posted pictures of the horrible view - have to lean forward and there is a gargoyle light fixture blocking part of the stage.

Now I'm tall so I really am not worried about seeing over the railing but with the curvature of the balcony will I be screwed with my seat? I will be pretty pissed th

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Jun 1 2018, 10:41:45 PM

So I got my seat for this show way back in February and got Left Balcony A21.  Now I'm worried because on Viewfrommyseat.com others who sat in A23 - A29 posted pictures of the horrible view - have to lean forward and there is a gargoyle light fixture blocking part of the stage.

Now I'm tall so I really am not worried about seeing over the railing but with the curvature of the balcony will I be screwed with my seat?  I will be pretty pissed that I paid $350 for this th

Then She Fell in Brooklyn  May 6 2018, 01:32:38 AM

Really contemplating this experience as part of my theater trip this summer.  The performance I would attend does not end until 12:30 am.  Since this is in Brooklyn will it be a safe trip back to Times Square for me as my hotel is in the theater district.  Any insights and/or advice would be most welcome.

Audra in Concert  May 6 2018, 01:28:23 AM

Just saw her tonight with the KC Symphony here in Kansas City. She was beyond great.  I have seen her numerous times before but tonight was just next level brilliance.  Agree with others - go see her if she is coming to your city!

Did Courtney Reed have a cold when recording the Aladdin OBCR?  Apr 17 2018, 08:02:21 PM

This has bugged me for a while now.  CR sounds super nasal on the recording like her nose is plugged up.  Am I crazy?  Does anyone else notice this?  Or is this how she always sounds?  Needless to say I am always disappointed in the Jasmine dialogue and vocals on the recording.

Matinee into Sleep No More  Mar 25 2018, 06:31:16 PM

I saw a matinee of War Horse, evening performance of How to Succeed, and then did the late night Sleep No More on a Saturday back in 2011.  It was a long day, but it was not a problem to do all of that - and I am neither a spring chicken nor athletic.

At Sleep No More, I really got swept up into it all and did not really think too much about all the walking and stair climbing.

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews  Mar 14 2018, 06:03:10 PM

While I've already purchased Band's Visit, Hamilton, Frozen, Harry Potter and Carousel for my trip in August, I'm waiting to buy on this one til the end of this week.  I hope someone who attends the first preview will provide some seating advice - would it be best to sit house right or left?

I also cannot wait for this show!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.