Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for bdn223

bdn223 Profile Photo
Member Name: bdn223
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Future of Disney on Broadway  Oct 15 2020, 01:40:56 PM
At this point Disney along with nearly all other producers have figured out the capital costs of re-opening their productions, they likely Haven’t charged much Since the first major Extension of the closure through September 2020 until the most recent extension through June 2021. This is Why Disney announced the closure of Frozen because they didn’t think it could recoup those additional capital costs of reopening the production. At this point producers it’s not like the producers are paying an

2020 Tony Nominations Thread  Oct 15 2020, 01:26:03 PM
I honestly wonder if voters will solely consider Aaron Tveit’s Performance in Moulin Rougue, or more consider this does he deserve a career achievement award based on his path past performances. If voters think with the former I could see him not winning, just because I’m sure many of them think it’s stupid that only one person is nominated therefore they shouldn’t with an award for being the only person. If they go with the latter which I agree with I think his career in the theater is deservin

Nick Cordero Theatre  Jul 9 2020, 09:44:01 AM
Side note, when are we getting the Audra McDonald Theatre. If were going to rename a theater to a contemporary actor, why not the most lauded actress in modern American theater history?

Not having Betsy Struxness in the Hamilton movie does a disservice to the show  Jul 8 2020, 11:13:02 AM
Promoting the recording as the “Original Broadway Cast“, when it clearly isn’t as two members of the cast has left, is false advertising by definition and open’s Disney up to petty lawsuits from overzealous lawyers. Saying the Original Broadway Principal Cast seems a bit wordy for a marketing campaign, as such Original Broadway Production was settled on. This isn’t a moral purity test of “its what most people will think anyway so why should we correct them issue“, its a Disney spent $75 million

Nick Cordero Theatre  Jul 7 2020, 10:19:20 PM
I hate to be that person, its a tragedy that he lost his well documented battle with COVID19, but no one here has even mentioned based on Broadway resume his passing would not warrant a dimming of all Broadway marquees. Jan Maxwell legend in her own right, she has the rare distinction of one of the few actors to be nominated for two Tony Awards for 2 separate productions in a single season, in addition to 3 other nominations and 12 broadway credits, did not get a full dimming of the marquees, C

Hamilton film awards - Will it happen? Should it?  Jul 7 2020, 12:53:12 PM
The SAG branch of the Academy voting pool will have the final say on Hamilton’s placement. They are far an away the largest voting block and as such have the most sway. If they internally decided that they think that performances from Hamilton should be recognized by the Academy Awards then its very likely it will be deemed eligible through either a new rule or exception being made. Otherwise I would expect Hamilton to sweep the limited series/Made for TV movie categories At the Emmys in 2021.

What will happen to Tony Awards?  Mar 13 2020, 11:50:50 AM
There is a simple and really obvious solution, if there is no extension in the shut down, the Broadway League can simply shift the entire season back 4 weeks. Productions would resume on the schedule of openings they had before the suspension so Six would now open on Thursday April 16th, and so on. Its not like CBS has anything else going on Sundays in the end of June/Early July. The League and CBS can always use the Beacon or Hulu at MSG if Radio City is unavailable, but I would bet money DeBla

Off-broadway still open?  Mar 12 2020, 04:53:01 PM

Little Shop is not longer selling tickets before April 14th.

Broadway to Close?  Mar 12 2020, 02:16:50 PM

ljay889 said: "WiCkEDrOcKS said: "https://nypost.com/2020/03/12/broadway-shutting-down-all-productions-over-coronavirus-pandemic/"

Wow, he thinks Phantom could close....
"

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me, but I would assume that a production with a 30 year life span would at least announce a final leg of a run come fall, so see if domestic and bridge and tunnel folks can breath life into the production. This would be akin to Rent'

Some Advice-Six and Coronavirus  Mar 12 2020, 01:18:22 PM

dave1606 said: "I bought tickets to Six on the presale ($49 tickets) for this weekends show for my mom and her friends.

My mom is in the at risk age range for this virus and she and her friends do not want to go. I suggested we pick a date in august and try to exchange.

However, if I do that, Ticketmaster has informed me I need to pay the difference in price which is essentially re-buying the tickets again since they have doubled the price.

Do I have

Broadway to Close?  Mar 12 2020, 11:42:01 AM

JBroadway said: "Enjolras5 said: "Here's what the mayor said 3 hours ago, via CNN:

• Broadway:When asked about New York's Broadway shows, he said guidance would come today or tomorrow. “I don’t want to see Broadway go dark, if we can avoid." de Blasio said. He said he would like to strike a balance.

So there we go."

D

Broadway to Close?  Mar 12 2020, 10:56:21 AM

BenElliott said: "Maybe Broadway will be playing to smaller audiences. Maybe they'll be closing the mezzanines."

The "safer" thing to do would be close alternating rows of seats. So sell only seats in rows A, C, E, G, I, K...Etc, to allow for more space between theater goers. Also I would arguably not sell tickets for the first row of the orchestra due to bodily fluids that commonly come off actors.  Yes it would cut capacity in half, but

Scott Rudin lowers tickets to $50 for all his shows in March  Mar 10 2020, 11:22:40 AM

ACL2006 said: "Wonder if other struggling shows will follow. "

I am guessing Disney, Harry Potter, Moulin Rouge, and the non profits might follow suit. The long runners just need to stem the losses temporarily in hopes that the market recovers, and thus they can recover their temporary losses. Disney productions would be  perfect I am sure for optics it would be better to play at 95%  capacity the next month or so and a $100k loos a week, then be

Scott Rudin lowers tickets to $50 for all his shows in March  Mar 10 2020, 11:14:06 AM

LizzieCurry said: "Here's one thing to keep in mind, though.

https://twitter.com/LeemourSeymour/status/1237374728660291584
"

So the argument there is basically saying the young have to take precautions so the old can live their lives unencumbered? I’m sorry, but if anything it should be the baby boomers getting the refunds, as they are the ones high risk. Heard immunity on

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/1/20  Mar 3 2020, 11:04:01 AM

Wick3 said: "bdn223 said: "It was a terrible week across the board last week, Phantom might of even lost money. Book of Mormon had its first week below $900K since it opened. The fact that Beetlejuice still stayed above $1M last week amazes me and if I were WB, I would be getting ready to cut a check moving company and the set designer for a move to the Barrymore. With these kinds of numbers in this type of week its only a matter of when will WB announce the formal move to t

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/1/20  Mar 2 2020, 03:37:57 PM
It was a terrible week across the board last week, Phantom might of even lost money. Book of Mormon had its first week below $900K since it opened. The fact that Beetlejuice still stayed above $1M last week amazes me and if I were WB, I would be getting ready to cut a check moving company and the set designer for a move to the Barrymore. With these kinds of numbers in this type of week its only a matter of when will WB announce the formal move to the Barrymore. If I were them I would be trying t

To Kill A Mockingbird at Madison Square Garden  Feb 27 2020, 10:33:14 AM
I think the real question is after this seemed to be such a success, will Rudin continue to do this performance annually or is it a one and done PR stunt.
It could be done in the same vein as the Hollywood bowl or Shakespeare in the Park, where its more of the honor to participate then collecting the paycheck. I also can’t imagine it costed Rudin that much to mount.

New York Times Dance Critic Reviews WSS  Feb 25 2020, 10:56:29 AM

HogansHero said: "This is starting to seem like Side Show in reverse, for those who remember."

Please explain, as I am actually curious about Side Show.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/23/20  Feb 24 2020, 10:15:35 PM

GreasedLightning said: "FranklinDickson2018 said: "WSS dropped almost 70K their official opening week. But attendance and overall gross are very high. Wonder how the not all rave reviews will impact the box office in the weeks to come. They are at 84 percent of gross potential, I see. Are they ever on TKTS?

"

Well lots of assumed-comps on Opening night will account for the $70k, and even then that’s not a huge loss for a norm

Frozen Broadway Updated  Feb 20 2020, 04:22:10 PM

GreasedLightning said: "Alex Timbers would’ve had a castle "

No, Mr Timbers wouldn't of had a castle....he would of turned the theater into a castle....get your directorial ascetics right! 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.