Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for spiderdj82

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
Member Name: spiderdj82
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.myspace.com/djhedgepath
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 9 2020, 04:38:27 PM

I have a ticket for "Six" next Tuesday and I am still planning on going for the time being. 

Love Never Dies to broadway 2021?  Feb 26 2020, 01:02:35 PM

I'm probably one of only a handful that likes this show and feel no shame....NO SHAME I TELL YOU!!! 

SIX - Preview Thread  Feb 24 2020, 12:55:22 PM

I just bought my ticket for March 17th and I am beyond excited.  Can't wait! 

How Long Will POTO Run?  Jan 21 2020, 03:45:45 PM

Phantom of the Opera was my introduction to musical theatre and the reason why I love the art form today.  Is it the best show ever?  No.  But, if it can do to others what it did for me - then I say let it run forever. 

Favorite Company Cast Recording  Jan 14 2020, 10:45:06 AM

The 1995 version was the first one I heard so it holds a special place in my heart but, as put many times in this thread, nothing can beat the original. 

When do Assassins tickets go on sale?  Jan 14 2020, 09:46:12 AM

It says you have to be under 35 for that $35 membership so I am disqualified *stomps foot* 

thirteen stories down  Jan 7 2020, 09:52:26 AM

I believe all of the songs on that album are stand alone songs that he wrote. 

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 30 2019, 11:39:58 AM

Yeah, I'm an odd one that I prefer "Cats" to "Les Miserables." 

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 26 2019, 12:02:58 PM

For those who saw the film, did anybody catch the Phantom of the Opera reference at the end?

I did not. 

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 23 2019, 06:55:59 PM

The cockroaches and the mice with the baby faces were nightmare inducing.  I forgot to mention that in my post earlier. *shivers* 

Rebel Wilson - Broadway?  Dec 23 2019, 02:21:59 PM

I'm tired of her shtick.  She's not funny and she can't sing or dance well.  I'm all for giving people chances but she is going to HAVE to move on from what she does in every roll. 

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 23 2019, 02:16:17 PM

Saw it Saturday night and I don't know if it's because I went in expecting to hate it, but in all honesty.......I didn't.  Was it great? No.  Was I bored in sections like I am with the stage show? Yes.  Did I regret seeing it?  Not at all.  I mean, it's "CATS."  What was everyone expecting? 

The Skimbleshanks number was my favorite and Jennifer Hudson........gurl.........I have NEVER EVER cried at "Memory" befor

Little Shop Cast Recording  Dec 20 2019, 02:38:16 PM

Just finished listening to it and my favorites are Christian Borle and Kingsley Legg with Groff sounding great.  I looooooooooooove the new orchestrations.   The only downside for me is the slower pace of "Skid Row (Downtown)" and Tammy Blanchard.  Like people have said, I am glad she is doing something differently from Ellen Greene but they could have gotten someone that could sing this part better.  

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 20 2019, 10:34:07 AM

joevitus said: "spiderdj82 said: "I can say I saw it opening weekend on the big screen years from now when the next generation of film buffs talk about and dissect this movie."

No generation will every be dissecting this movie (except looking for the symptoms that lead to death), and no one will envy you your experience. It's like having bragging rights to seeing the film version of Song of Norway on opening weekend.
"

I was being sar

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 19 2019, 06:35:31 PM

I don't care how low the score is on Rotten Tomatoes.......my butt is going to be in that movie theater for 3 reasons: 

1) Gotta support the movie musical

2) Who knows.......I may enjoy it in some fashion

3)  I can say I saw it opening weekend on the big screen years from now when the next generation of film buffs talk about and dissect this movie. 

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 17 2019, 04:16:14 PM

The review embargo probably hasn't lifted yet.  I know "Rise of Skywalker" lifts tomorrow so maybe that is when "Cats" will too.  

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 17 2019, 12:02:52 PM

I've seen quotes from people posted online from those that saw the premier and there are more positive ones than I thought there would be.  Although this one is my favorite that I found:

“Way too horny for its own good

Favorite Stephen Sondheim Musical...  Dec 12 2019, 12:39:55 PM

Assassins and Company are my two favorites.  

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 12 2019, 11:17:17 AM

This movie looks SO FREAKIN' good.  And yes, Miserent, I teared up when Olga Merediz sang. And I think it was great choice to go with a dancer like Jon Chu who knows how to film dancing scenes (even though they aren't the best movies, the dance scenes in the couple of "Step Up" movies he directed were amazing).  I will be there opening night and will be shaking from anticipation. 

This board in the old days  Nov 19 2019, 12:35:17 PM

SonofRobbieJ - I completely agree.  Even though I lived in S.C. at the time, and couldn't be a part of the meetups and all (although I did go to one), I felt like I had a personal connection with people on this board at one time.  We would message each other on here just to catch up on our daily lives and then friended each other on FB when that became a thing (and I'm still friends with a few people still on FB).  In fact, because of 2 BWWers, I was able to see my

You must log in to view off-topic posts.