Profile for jacobtsf

jacobtsf Profile Photo
Member Name: jacobtsf
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:
Profile: Currently goes to a NYC college.

Lives in the Pocono Mountains of PA.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Those Who Saw the 2004 Assassins...  Jun 11 2020, 05:50:22 PM
The part that sticks with me still was in “Gun Song”. Dennis O’Hare sings “first of all when you’ve a gun...” and he points his weapon right at the face of an audience member in one of the first rows. There is dead silence, it feels like an eternity goes by, and then this smile slowly creeps across his face and he sings “everybody pays attention”. It showed how, despite how entertaining the performances were, this was still an extremely serious topic.

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 08:22:31 PM
New message on Twitter: “ We are having tech issues but it is being taken care of and we’ll be right with you. Stars are still on the red carpet and we’re waiting for them to get to their seats. The curtain always goes up late on opening night”

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 08:17:45 PM

Raúl Esparza’s Facebook page said they will begin soon.

”‪We’re holding the curtain. We’ll be with you in a few. #Sondheim90Concert @broadwaycom ‬”

Belting on Broadway  Jul 6 2017, 10:40:22 AM

And then there is Fiyero's belt in Wicked...

Belting on Broadway  Jul 6 2017, 10:39:17 AM

I am so disappointed that no one has done this yet!

"Who has the best belt on Broadway"

Well, the belts in Hamilton are nice...

What categories would you like to see added to the TONYS?  May 4 2016, 08:45:46 AM

The category that absolutely must be added is actually a separation of categories. It infuriates me that Best Play is actually both Best Script and Best Production. If the parts of the whole are separated for musicals they should be for plays too, and it is an insult to all playwrights that this is still the case. 

Thérèse Raquin Previews  Oct 1 2015, 09:35:09 PM

Intermission, and I have experienced a first:

Some crazy guy in the audience started yelling at Keira Knightley during the second scene. Once the ushers finally found him and started removing him from the mezzanine he threw a large bouquet of flowers at the stage while yelling (a wonderful throw, landed on the stage).

After a very awkward silence Gabriel Ebert motioned to Knightley, they walked over to the bouquet and kicked it into the wings (which got applause). After trying to

Howard Panter (Ambassador Theatre Group) looking at restoring TWO Broadway Houses  Mar 11 2015, 09:32:35 AM
Howard Panter, owner of the London-based Ambassador Theatre Group, which controls the Lyricon 42nd Street, is currently in negotiations to take ownership of the Hudson Theatre in the Hudson Hotel on West 44th Street. The venue, which currently serves as a conference center, will have to undergo renovations.

The paper also reports that Panter has plans to take over the Times Square Theater, the only 42nd Street theater which has not been redone. The theater was scheduled to become the

ON THE TOWN Box Office Yikes!  Nov 8 2014, 09:03:01 AM
I took a group of 10th-12th graders to see the show last night and they all loved it, they were talking about it for the entire 2 hour ride back to Pennsylvania. Is the book a touch corny and maybe a little weak sometimes, yes, but the performers, the music, the dance, and that full orchestra more than make it.

The balcony was completely full last night, and from what I could see below that was full too. Hoping the show sticks it out til the Tonys, the word of mouth is starting and any

tick, tick...BOOM! at City Center  Jul 1 2014, 09:13:04 AM
It was mentioned in the Playbill.

Tesori said she knew she wanted to do Tick Tick...Boom this season after Miranda expressed interest in the role.

tick, tick...BOOM! at City Center  Jul 1 2014, 08:59:42 AM
"Regardless, it's over. He got a job he shouldn't have gotten and other more deserving performers missed a chance at paying work. It's happening all over our community, sadly."

Except you are completely wrong about this. The only reason this show was chosen for Encores Off Center was because Miranda expressed interest in the role to Jeanine Tesori. The only reason they got the incredible Karen Olivo to come back from Wisconsin was because of Miranda. Odom too. They are 3 friends who

On DCMTA Sondheim Allows Landless to produce Prog-Metal Sweeney Todd  Feb 10 2014, 01:24:33 PM
Mattbrain: it would probably sound like this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdglOgPsWVQ

Little Me @ Encores  Feb 10 2014, 07:58:38 AM
Can someone who saw the Short/Prince revival explain what changes there were, especially how they combined the two Belles to be played by one actor?

Thanks!

2014 ENCORES! Announced - LITTLE ME with Christian Borle, THE MOST HAPPY FELLA with Shuler Henlsey & IRMA LA DOUCE  May 21 2013, 01:42:00 PM
This sounds like a terrific season, and both actors should be terrific in their respective roles.

Why are Non-Union tours so looked down upon ?  May 4 2013, 10:00:54 AM
This is a link to the playbill vault page for Pygmalion. As you can see on pagw 3, three of the bystanders are not members of Equity.

http://www.playbillvault.com/Show/Detail/Whos_who/10373/2588/Pygmalion

Why are Non-Union tours so looked down upon ?  May 4 2013, 09:11:25 AM
Joan Jett is probably a member of one of the other unions so she could choose whether or not she wanted to join Equity.

It is not unusual for stars who see theatre as a one time only thing to choose not to join.

Why are Non-Union tours so looked down upon ?  May 4 2013, 09:05:37 AM
The other exception to Broadway being only union shows are the non profits (Roundabout, MTC, Lincoln Center) which operate under a LORT (League of Resident Theatres) contract. Every once in a while a non-Equity actor will appear in a very small role, usually no dialogue, just a body to fill the stage. The last time I really remember this is with Roundabout's Pygmalion a few years ago.

Auditions: Dressing The Part: Serious Question  Mar 4 2013, 08:43:05 PM
The only time to change your look for an audition is when you are told to. I held an audition a while ago looking for a Sarah Palin, everyone came dressed in character. One of the best afternoons of my life.

There is a fine line between coming to an audition dressed as a type (no suit to Grease) or a character. If you come dressed like a character you run the risk of clashing with the creative team's vision. I had people dress like cowboys when I held auditions for a show with a old

Question about flash guns  Feb 26 2013, 05:56:44 PM
We are doing Children of Eden and want father to shoot fire when he burns Eden, and maybe when he marks Cain as well.

With that device, how is the control for distance? I am worried about it shooting TOO far, but don't want something that barely leaves the hand like so many others.

Question about flash guns  Feb 26 2013, 12:23:01 PM
We are doing a show that will involve one character to have fire come out of his hands. I have done research on most of the flash guns and rings and other devices but I hope to hear from people who have used them.

We need the device to be easy to hide, as the character will be wearing it for a while before using it. It also is helpful if it can be ignited with just one hand. We have been looking at devices similar to this one:

You must log in to view off-topic posts.