Profile for Miserent

Miserent Profile Photo
Member Name: Miserent
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Company Previews ThreadThird preview is also stopped again tonight  Mar 5 2020, 04:47:17 PM
I sat 2nd row mezz all the way to the right and there were a few moments where some action was missed, but nowhere near enough to hinder my enjoyment of the show. I’m glad I sat in the right section so I didn’t miss Lupone’s face at all during the entire nightclub scene.

Company Previews Thread  Mar 2 2020, 11:15:03 PM
Eagerly awaiting reports on Ladies Who Lunch and Being Alive!!!!

Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer  Mar 2 2020, 05:28:52 PM
For what it’s worth, the NYC woman who tested positive for the virus is a medical worker...it’s believed that she wasn’t contagious on the flight back home, and as soon as she landed, her and her husband took private transportation back home where she self isolated, so luckily it looks like the chances of her having spread the virus are very low. Apparently she has a mild case and is expected to make a full recovery.

Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!  Feb 29 2020, 12:33:54 PM

Just got tickets for Wednesday night and can't wait!  Got Row B front mezz, partial view.  Judging from A View From My Seat and seatplan.com, the view isn't that bad.

Girl From The North Country - Broadway Previews  Feb 15 2020, 09:30:42 AM

I was really looking forward to seeing this, but sadly I have to agree with those who found it boring, bleak, and depressing.  There were some gorgeous music moments and I will definitely listen to the Broadway cast recording if one is made, but I just could not get super into the show.  It was far from the worst thing I've seen on Broadway, but after a while I was just bored.  Marc Kudisch's monologue about his son was too long and kind of messy, despite the fact that

WAR PAINT - The Original Broadway Cast Recording  Feb 15 2020, 08:25:24 AM

I could see why people found the show boring, but I personally loved it.  LuPone is my top Broadway performer, and it's always a thrill to see her live.  She was funny and touching, and her voice was just sublime.  Her sustained belts in Back on Top were marvelous, and Forever Young will always be a highlight of my theatergoing.  Her voice is just top notch.  Ebersole was fantastic too of course, and the two played off of each other so well.  I wish I could&#

WAR PAINT - The Original Broadway Cast Recording  Feb 15 2020, 08:25:19 AM

I could see why people found the show boring, but I personally loved it.  LuPone is my top Broadway performer, and it's always a thrill to see her live.  She was funny and touching, and her voice was just sublime.  Her sustained belts in Back on Top were marvelous, and Forever Young will always be a highlight of my theatergoing.  Her voice is just top notch.  Ebersole was fantastic too of course, and the two played off of each other so well.  I wish I could&#

Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!  Feb 14 2020, 04:05:00 PM
I think she sounds fantastic and I love her interpretation. What a unique performer, I really can’t wait for this production.

Hadestown cast replacements  Feb 6 2020, 11:00:12 AM

I think Florence Welch (Florence + The Machine) would make an interesting and different Persephone, but then I think about going gender blind and casting her as Orpheus.  She dressed very androgynously/presented as a male in the Sweet Nothing video, and I'm sure she could pull off the look of the role.  Not sure if she can play guitar, but I'm sure she could learn what she needs to know.  I think she would sing Orpheus' songs so gorgeously. 

Entrances That Give You Chills  Feb 4 2020, 10:04:38 AM
I had tears in my eyes during Andre’s entrance in Hadestown both times I saw it. He is just so powerful and magnetic, the first time I saw it I remember thinking to myself that I was watching a theatre legend walk out onto that stage to a deafening silence after the applause stopped. It was pure magic. In terms of classic shows, you can’t beat Rose’s entrance in Gypsy and of course Dolly’s entrance. The first time I saw the revival, the audience went nuts when Bette revealed herself, and I h

West Side Story  Jan 29 2020, 07:53:24 PM
West Side Story is one of my favorite musicals, so I went into this very excited and with an open mind, but I did not like it at all. The acting was overall mediocre at best, the singing left much to be desired. I was looking forward to some thrilling new choreography, but I found almost all of it to be very boring. How many somersaults do we really need? The video projection was an interesting concept that worked a few times, but was very overused and sometimes laughable (those projections

Hadestown Actors Fund show this Friday at 2 pm  Jan 8 2020, 11:07:42 AM
Just a heads up, Hadestown has a 2 pm Actors Fund Benefit show this Friday, January 10th at 2 pm, they have a handful of mezzanine seats for $99.

Andrea Mcardle to star in Tonya and Nancy: The Rock Opera  Dec 27 2019, 05:52:06 PM

John Adams said: "Miserent said: "Tonya & Nancy

my gay little heart needs this to come to New York so I can sit there and live my best life watching Nancy Kerrigan belt out "WHYYYYYYY?? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?" after the knee-bashing ballet sequence."

sooooo

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 26 2019, 01:08:29 PM
I think the Phantom reference in question would be the chandelier. That was my first thought as well.

Andrea Mcardle to star in Tonya and Nancy: The Rock Opera  Dec 26 2019, 08:16:10 AM

Tonya & Nancy

She will be playing both Tonya Harding's mother and Nancy Kerrigan's mother...personally, my gay little heart needs this to come to New York so I can sit there and live my best life watching Nancy Kerrigan belt out "WHYYYYYYY?? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?" after the knee-bashing

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 26 2019, 07:39:55 AM

does this mean no deluxe edition soundtrack

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 16 2019, 08:39:51 PM
Really loving Jennifer’s version of Memory. Nobody will ever beat Betty Buckley, but I think Jennifer did a fantastic job. I’m glad that she held back for most of the song, before letting it rip at “touch me...”. I was afraid the whole thing would be too belted, and I was pleasantly surprised. Honestly, I’m kind of rooting for this movie to do well.

First Look At Meryl Streep & James Corden in The Prom Movie  Dec 14 2019, 02:52:37 PM
I hope we get to see “performance footage” from the Eleanor Roosevelt musical in the film, it was the one thing missing from the stage version. I was so looking forward to a production number with Beth Leavel as Eleanor.

Favorite Stephen Sondheim Musical...  Dec 14 2019, 09:06:29 AM
Sweeney Todd has to be my number one. The OBC recording is probably the best recorded cast album of any show that I’ve ever heard, and the book is excellent. The only other ones I’m super familiar with are Into The Woods, Sunday in the Park With George, and Company. I’ve never seen a production of Company live and I am so excited for the revival opening in March.

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 12 2019, 10:58:47 AM

In regards to the framing device, maybe the movie starts out with Usnavi telling the story from the island, and before the movie ends he goes back home after realizing its where he belongs.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.