Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for BdwayLife

Member Name: BdwayLife
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Moulin Rouge 2021 Tickets  Jul 13 2020, 02:22:38 PM

Thanks VotePeron for the thoughtful response. I recognized that it was likely in relation to the pandemic--what you've indicated, makes sense to me. Thanks again. 

Moulin Rouge 2021 Tickets  Jul 13 2020, 09:50:25 AM

Hello, I noticed on Ticketmaster that tickets for MR are not available to purchase:

March 2021: Mondays-Thursdays

April-November 2021: Mondays-Wednesdays

(I know that they don't typically offer Monday evening performances.)

Anyone know what's up?  

Thanks! 

Tickets Refunds  Apr 28 2020, 07:06:01 PM

BwayinVan said: "kerrydixon said: "Has anyone gotten their Moulin Rouge refund from Ticketmaster yet?"

I haven’t heard anything. My tickets were for this Thursday so I’m curious when I will hear anything

"

I had tickets for MR this Thursday night as well, and haven’t received my refund from Ticketmaster, as well.  All of my Telecharge refunds were immediate.  

A Candid Conversation With Broadway League President Charlotte St. Martin: Future for Broadway.. what will it be like?  Apr 20 2020, 01:32:33 PM

DAME said: "Robbie2 said: "IAMREADING said: "zainmax said: "BdwayLife said: "

It also indicated that several shows are using advances to pay for expenses during this time period. I find this a bit confusing, as I thought I read on another board that ticketing agencies (e.g., Ticketmaster) don’trelease funds to productions until the actual performance date?

"

Also curious about this! I hope show

Advances to Pay Expenses?  Apr 19 2020, 02:44:54 PM

The Broadway League president recently indicated that several shows are using advances to pay for expenses during this period.  

I asked in the thread related to her interview when ticketing agencies (e.g., Ticketmaster, Telecharge, etc.) release funds to productions.  I thought I read once in an unrelated thread that it wasn’t until the actual performances date, but, this makes me think that is not true.  

For those of you in the know, can you please c

A Candid Conversation With Broadway League President Charlotte St. Martin: Future for Broadway.. what will it be like?  Apr 17 2020, 04:11:03 PM

Thanks for sharing this.  I agree—very informative, and realistic.  

Even once they receive the go-ahead, they believe a 6-week turnaround will be required. 

The league also indicated that they were refunding and exchanging tickets up to June 7/20. It never said performances would resume June 8/20.  Fine.  However, if tickets are on sale post June 7/20, I can understand the inference.  (I never suspected Broadway would reopen

Tickets Refunds  Apr 10 2020, 02:35:32 PM

IAMREADING said: "BwayinVan said: "Just received an email from Moulin Rouge. 3 options given were to donate it, full refund, or an exchange for a better ticket and 25% cash back for a performance July-sept. Don’t live on the east coast so I ended up taking the refund. We will see when I get it. Still waiting for refunds from the public and roundabout."

Wow at the 25% cash back plus ticket upgrade? So for example, you could upgrade a Mez

Tickets Refunds  Apr 10 2020, 02:23:26 PM

Hi all, I had tickets for Moulin Rouge, for April 30/20, and received the following message from Ticketmaster today:

“...upgrade your seat locations and get at least 25% cash back if you exchange your tickets now into a future performance between July 7 and September 27, 2020

No thanks.  I opted for the refund.  Unfortunately, I don’t suspect Broadway will

Wanted: Bettlejuice & Tootsie Souvenir Programs  Apr 5 2020, 05:00:44 PM

Thanks Brody. I saw that the playbillstore had it, but, the shipping cost to Canada is $45.  If no one on here has one they are willing to sell, I will buy it from the Beetlejuice merchandise store—although the program is $5 more, the shipping cost is only $15.

I’ve looked everywhere online for a Tootsie Souvenir Program, and can only find one source—TheatreGold, for $95!  Any suggestions?

Thanks again. 

Wanted: Bettlejuice & Tootsie Souvenir Programs  Apr 5 2020, 12:45:56 PM

Please PM me if you have a Broadway Beetlejuice and/or Tootsie Souvenir Program(s) you’d be willing to sell.  Looking for new condition, and ideally, cast inserts.  I live in Canada, and would obviously pay all shipping costs. Thanks!

How is everyone doing?  Apr 2 2020, 06:44:44 PM

dramamama611 said: "My great aunt, the matriarch of the family, passed away today from complications due to covid. She was 90."

I am so sorry for your loss, dramamama. As SweetLips indicated, seeing your name so often here on the boards, I feel like I know you.  I am sending you and your family positive, warm, healing thoughts during this difficult time.  

COMPANY revival recording  Mar 28 2020, 06:29:33 PM
Thanks joevitus. I realized that it wasn't a dialogue--2-way communication, so, no point! lol

COMPANY revival recording  Mar 28 2020, 02:31:26 PM

Anyone who struggles with, or disagrees with your perspective, is living in fantasy?  

I’m going to bow out of this discussion with you Kennedy, because that’s twice now you have told me that I am living in a fantasy because I am struggling to believe your comment.   Unfortunately, the discussion is not going anywhere. 

I’d encourage you to post a new thread sharing your thinking that “many” Tony voters don&rsqu

COMPANY revival recording  Mar 28 2020, 02:10:33 PM

kennedy_rose said: "BdwayLife said: "Kad said: "Of course there are Tony voters who act in bad faith and do not actually attend the shows. But there’s approx 900 voters, and it is very doubtful that those voters constitute enough of bloc that greatly affect results."

Thanks Kad. I didn’t think what Kennedy was saying made a whole lot of sense.
"

They are not acting in bad faith - they are older & it's chal

How is everyone doing?  Mar 28 2020, 11:33:55 AM

Thank you for this thoughtful discussion thread.  

My name is John, I’m 37, and I live in Atlantic Canada. I work in law.  I visit NYC once a year, to catch a handful of shows, visit some museums/botanical gardens, and eat lots of great food. 

Admittedly, these past few weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions.

Early on, I canceled my late April trip to NYC. I felt major disappointment about not seeing some shows that I was really l

COMPANY revival recording  Mar 28 2020, 09:17:52 AM

Kad said: "Of course there are Tony voters who act in bad faith and do not actually attend the shows. But there’s approx 900 voters, and it is very doubtful that those voters constitute enough of bloc that greatly affect results."

Thanks Kad.  I didn’t think what Kennedy was saying made a whole lot of sense. 

WHEN WILL THEY ANNOUNCE  Mar 26 2020, 04:02:31 PM

WldKingdomHM said: "Why are you screaming ? Stay safe and healthy take a Broadway break. They will announce it when they can. People are dying and you are worried about Broadway"

This is a theatre-based chat board. My lord. If I read another response like this...  You’d think that this were a board dedicated to oceanographers, or a particular athletic sport, or brides to be. People are going to ask about, or relay their experiences and/or emotion

COMPANY revival recording  Mar 26 2020, 03:38:33 PM

kennedy_rose said: "joevitus said: "It means zero to us because we don't know who you really are nor how accurate your comments are. That would be as true for me sharing info like that as it is for you or anyone. You're a username making assertions providing no tangible evidence to back them up."

Ok, this happens a lot on this board - one person leaks something or shares insider info and then 1/2 of you go bananas and ask for tangible evidence. I

COMPANY revival recording  Mar 26 2020, 12:33:40 PM

kennedy_rose said: "BdwayLife said: "Hi Kennedy, you said, "Many Tony voters are too old to go to the theatre. They give their tickets to their kids/grandkids and base their votes on the NY Times review." Do you know this to be fact? What is your source? If true, I'm very surprised by this."

I can name a handful of people who don't go and vote. Which means there are many more.

"

Wow, I had no idea of this occ

Favorite cast albums  Mar 25 2020, 09:54:05 PM

Favorites include: Bonnie and Clyde, Miss Saigon (original London), Ghost, The Color Purple (new Broadway cast recording), The Prom

You must log in to view off-topic posts.