Profile for Theatre Fan3

Member Name: Theatre Fan3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Lion King's London home, the Lyceum Theatre, has been flooded  May 13 2020, 05:22:14 PM

Sorry if this doesn't belong on this board but I figured there might be people that would be interested in this and might not have seen the story since there is basically NO ACTIVITY on the West End board.

The Lion King's London home, the Lyceum Theatre, has been flooded

This friday ALW will stream the Broadway version of BY JEEVES  May 4 2020, 07:37:25 PM

Sure wish they would have filmed WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND and THE BEAUTIFUL GAME.  Would love to see STARLIGHT again but it wouldn't be the same as seeing it in the theatre with the original London staging ... that was truly a fun night!! And it brings back memories of Stephanie Lawrence.  RIP

Allegiance DVD  Apr 26 2020, 12:03:04 PM

The boxed set finally arrived.  Haven't had a chance to look at all items included in the set in depth but I did notice, and was rather disappointed, that the dvd's are housed in mere paper sleeves.  I would have thought that for the price they could have at the very least had some sort of a more substantial case to protect them.  Interested in what others thought.

Aaron Tveit has tested positive (BUT IS OK!)  Mar 23 2020, 02:10:43 PM

Yes, I realized that as soon as I'd hit the "Post Message" button .... I have already made the correction.

Aaron Tveit has tested positive (BUT IS OK!)  Mar 23 2020, 02:06:43 PM

LarryD2 said: "imeldasturn said: "Gavin Creel has announced it days ago..."

He announced days ago that he had been tested and was "pretty sure" he had it. He announced today that he had, in fact, tested positive.
"

I wonder if Sara Bareilles has been tested since she and Gavin were starring together in WAITRESS in the West End but cut their runs short in order to get back to the US.

Allegiance DVD  Feb 22 2020, 05:52:44 PM

They are getting plenty of flack over the price on their Facebook page.  Their response to justify the price is  " The costs to create this film were very high up front, so unfortunately in order to even have a chance of recouping this investment we have to mark the price around the cost of a Broadway ticket. The cost of filming, mastering and paying all the actor and creative fees for this film make it necessary initially to sell this limited edition box set for around the pri

Allegiance DVD  Feb 20 2020, 03:13:09 PM

They fail to mention that on top of the $169.99 is an additional $20.99 for "Standard shipping" (4-6 weeks).

Allegiance DVD  Feb 19 2020, 04:26:27 PM

Just received this response in regards to my inquiry asking if there was a blu-ray disc included ....

" Thanks for your email. We are evaluating a later version that would include more unseen footage, but in so far as quality is concerned, the films were shot at HD and not 4K, so what you get on DVD is already at the best quality we can deliver. We’ll keep everyone posted on future releases, but in the meanwhile, for simplicity and logistics, and to make it accessible to the

Allegiance DVD  Feb 19 2020, 02:33:19 PM

Wasn't it originally advertised (way back when) as a blu-ray/dvd release?  Is there seriously not a blu-ray disc included for this price????

Disney to distribute and release HAMILTON film with OBC in Oct. 2021  Feb 3 2020, 05:13:34 PM

i don't think this will impact ticket sales to the various stage productions in a negative way at all ... if anything, it will most likely even stimulate sales.  The reality of the situation is there are a great number of people out there that simply can't afford broadway/touring ticket prices that would love to see this production but are financially not in a position to do so.  A normal wide theatrical release in theaters will give these people the opportunity to experienc

MATILDA movie musical confirmed.  Jan 30 2020, 02:04:08 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Theatre Fan3 said: "Plannietink08 said: "https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Sony-and-Netflix-In-Talks-for-MATILDA-Movie-Musical-Distribution-Deal-20200128

Interesting that Netflix are getting involved.
"

So this looks like it will be going the way of "The Irishman&qu

MATILDA movie musical confirmed.  Jan 30 2020, 12:25:48 PM

Plannietink08 said: "https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Sony-and-Netflix-In-Talks-for-MATILDA-Movie-Musical-Distribution-Deal-20200128

Interesting that Netflix are getting involved.
"

So this looks like it will be going the way of "The Irishman" and be a streaming release in the US rather than a theatric

DELETED  Jan 29 2020, 04:23:46 PM

TOOTSIE closing  Jan 4 2020, 01:27:07 PM

Perhaps it would have been better off as a straight comedy rather than a musical.

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Jan 3 2020, 10:05:21 AM

"
move on and stop trying to make people feel stupid or less than you because they didn’t enjoy this god awful movie.
"

Perhaps it's time for everybody to move on!!  This thread has been more active than the box office for this film but it reached the point quite some time ago that nothing new or constructive was being added and it's sounding like a broken record.

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 19 2019, 12:08:36 AM

Wow, the majority of the posters on this thread are cattier than the characters in the film!!!

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 12 2019, 09:58:05 AM

Here is a clickable link to the trailer ...  IN THE HEIGHTS - Official Trailer

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 11 2019, 10:34:28 PM

One has to wonder if the whole Jason Derulo/Instagram issue wasn't a publicity stunt.  I'm sure that will probably draw in a few curiosity seekers to the film that might not have gone otherwise.

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 6 2019, 09:55:00 PM

Isn't it a bit odd that you can't even find a place to pre-order the soundtrack if it is indeed being release in two weeks?

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Dec 5 2019, 10:54:29 PM

I work at a theatre and we just received word that the running time for CATS is 109 minutes.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.