Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for fashionguru_23

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
Member Name: fashionguru_23
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Sound of Music  Sep 15 2020, 08:46:52 AM

One thing that I've always felt the stage production did better than the film was the inclusion of the two songs for Elsa and Max, especially "No Way to Stop It". Both songs seems out of place, and like there is this "impending doom" with the rise of the Nazi's  that makes me uncomfortable. Therefore, the stakes are higher in the latter section of the show. The Von Trapps aren't just running away because Captain Von Trapp doesn't want to fight, it

Miscast  Sep 14 2020, 10:56:44 AM

I'm sorry: but Jackie Hoffman and Harvey Fierstein during the opening "Telephone Hour" made my gut myself laughing. They didn't do anything overly comedic, but it just put me into such a happy mood.

Unpopular Opinions  Sep 14 2020, 08:33:33 AM

After watching the Miscast gala last night, I still don't understand the hype around Beanie Feldstein. I feel like she just happened to be around Ben Platt and Jonah Hill and somehow became famous.

Imelda Staunton in GYPSY is streaming for free  Sep 8 2020, 03:06:35 PM

I thoroughly enjoy Gypsy, and watched when this was on PBS a while ago. I don't know how much I like Staunton as Rose. She plays her at 500% from "Sing out, Louise" to Rose's Turn. She's already at the highest of highs, so there is nowhere for her to go. The medium of film/television isn't great for this portrayal of Rose. Perhaps this is why Ethel Merman made so few movies...(it was said she was too big and loud for the screen).

If I need a filmed Gypsy,

Other shows going to Netflix?  Sep 4 2020, 03:52:07 PM

alex814 said: "Sutton Ross said: ""Rumors indicate the shows joining the streaming platform's Broadway selections might include Mrs. Doubtfire (where a special sign-off from Disney's Buena Vista Theatrical might hinder such plans), Stage Entertainment's worldwide hit "Tina", which paused three successful productions around the world, and "Ain't Too Proud - The Life and Times of The Temptations" where rights negotiations appear com

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Sep 4 2020, 10:28:39 AM

LizzieCurry said: "Oh, it will, BroadwayNYC2, and it'll be called a slime tutorial."

Don't give away all the tutorials! ahahaha

What is your Most loved Episode from any TV show   Sep 3 2020, 09:23:02 AM

"The Merv Griffin Show" from Seinfeld

"The Snow Must Go On" &"Chuckles Bites the Dust" from The Mary Tyler Moore Show

"The Case of the Libertine Belle" from The Golden Girls

"Behind the Laughter" from The Simpsons

"Bully Woolley" from Will & Grace

Shout out to The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel for the courtroom scene where Joel and Midge have their divorce hearing, and Susie wi

First Look At Meryl Streep & James Corden in The Prom Movie  Aug 31 2020, 12:39:33 PM

Musical Master said: "I wonder when this will come out, since that In The Heights is delayed until June 2021 this is the only other high profile musical (second only to the more anticipated West Side Story) to come out. I would love to see a trailer to this and a musical comedy is actually fitting for Ryan Murphy more than most of his recent projects.

It would be very hard to screw up a musical like The Prom so I am looking forward to this due to

The original production of Beauty and the Beast  Aug 27 2020, 03:07:12 PM

So, I never saw the show at the Palace, but I did see the original Canadian production in Toronto (one of the first productions of the show outside the US). It was incredible. It was the very first musical I saw, and I remember just being in awe of the show. The design I always thought was very ingenious, and very much like what I would have expected the live version to be. However, after hearing on Stars in the House the other night, Disney was worried that people would feel almost betrayed

My Fair Lady 1993 Revival  Aug 15 2020, 10:46:18 AM

Wasn't this supposed to be a "steampunk" My Fair Lady?

The King and I 1996  Aug 12 2020, 04:44:16 PM

joevitus said: "I remember all the hype and Mary Rodgers saying "It's the best production I've ever seen--and I saw the original!" I wasn't a big fan of the recording and never saw that production onstage. I somewhat expected Lou Diamond Philips to appear in more shows after that, he was so well received. But it didn't happen, for one reason or another.

The OBC, the film soundtrack and the 70's revival (though I'm not crazy about Constance

Diana going to Netflix  Aug 12 2020, 04:40:15 PM

This makes me think about Jule Styne's comment on winning his only Tony Award for "Hallelujah Baby!". He said something to the affect of that you get the awards for the shows you don't think you'd get one for, and you get nothing for the shows you think you would win for.

White Noise: A Cautionary Musical  Aug 11 2020, 01:48:11 PM

I remember being interested in this show from hearing about it. It might have even been on this website where I heard about this new musical trying out in Chicago about race relations, produced by Whoopi Goldberg. There was a commercially released single of one of the songs that you could download for free. I downloaded it, listen once. Hated it and moved on.

Unpopular theatre opinions  Jul 28 2020, 05:57:03 PM

jesse benet said: I also found Hamilton overhyped (and the praise for Groff weird, as he does littlebut stand there and sing the same song thrice) 

Jesse, who says "thrice"? Do you mean intrauterine?

Seth Paid Streams - Worth it?  Jul 27 2020, 04:29:34 PM

I'll be honest...I miss his paid video service "Seth TV". The archive of interviews, concerts, etc. were worth it to me, and I was paying with an exchange into US funds. I have stopped watching some of these Stars in the House because I simply don't care about the topics, or how many times can I hear the cast of "A Chorus Line" tell me how they had no idea the show would become what it would become.

The paid concerts for Megan Hilty, Kelli O'Hara, etc. w

Alan Menken is a  Jul 27 2020, 04:22:09 PM

John Legend has the EGOT the same way Whoopi does (Tony and Emmy for Producing). I hate to be the one to point this put, BUT there was also a time when winning a Daytime Emmy wasn't considered to be a real "E" in the EGOT. I say screw 'em! 

Also, as mentioned above, the Ben Platt's of the "EGOT" community who won most of their awards for the same thing are kind of ridiculous. I mean the Grammy and Emmy he, Cynthia Erivo, etc. are (to me) just happen

Anyone got a clue about #WhatsInTheSoup actually is?  Jul 25 2020, 11:16:26 PM

I was hoping this was the signs of a reboot of "The Soup" with Joel McHale...damn

Michael Riedel's next book ––   Jul 25 2020, 11:09:38 PM

I came to know him only from Theatre Talk (and through quarantine I have been reliving years of Tony Award predictions and season previews of Theatre Talk online), and then once I got more involved with this board did I figure out his place in the theatre world. I thoroughly enjoy him and his work...he can be sharp, and annoying but that is his "character", I feel. Everything that happened with the 2004 production of Fiddler, Seussical, The Addams Family, Spiderman, etc. was unfortu

Funny Girl Broadway HD Jittery??  Jul 25 2020, 11:01:47 PM

Dame, I have no idea if it has been mentioned what the production is that is allegedly coming to Broadway.

I saw this in the movie theatres, and enjoyed it. Have always enjoyed the movie, and is a show that I have always wanted to see on stage. While Sheridan Smith is no Streisand (and really, no one ever will be), I found so many times where I though it was Melissa McCarthy playing Fanny. It a fun little production. 

Despite "Henry Street", I think the score is o

Not having Betsy Struxness in the Hamilton movie does a disservice to the show  Jul 6 2020, 09:51:02 AM

The unfortunate part is that years from now, it will be known as the original cast of Hamilton, and all of this will have gone away. 

I also wonder that if this was the a filmed version of another show if there would be this conversation, or in this political climate would it have the same traction. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.