Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Marianne2

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Marianne2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Why Are Sondheim’s Books So Expensive?  May 27 2020, 12:56:35 PM
It may depend on where you buy it from as well. Besides Ebay, some sites let people sell things. Like on Amazon, it will list the seller if it isn't them. I know sometimes listings like that can be priced absurdly because people believe they can make that money.

Now, if the listings are specifically from Amazon or another retailer, I have no clue why they would be asking for money in the hundreds of dollars range.

How is everyone doing?  May 3 2020, 09:33:41 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/02/us/face-masks-stillwater-oklahoma-trnd/index.html

After reading this, I am glad I do not live or work in Oklahoma. What is wrong with people? It's already bad enough having to worry about getting the virus at work. And people have been mean at times. But, threatening violence over having to wear a mask is not something I should have to deal with. I am gettin

Buzzfeed's Broadway Musical Quiz  Apr 30 2020, 12:57:59 PM
Yeah, I realized after I remembered an L show that was recognized, the obvious did make me go duh. It's actually fascinating when working on a list like this of what your brain comes up with that's so random, but you forget easy ones. That happened to me on another one with countries of the world.

And yes, reading the comments on this was interesting as well because of people thinking of musicals that played off-Broadway or elsewhere that are very well known.

Buzzfeed's Broadway Musical Quiz  Apr 30 2020, 01:52:54 AM
Oddly, L had me a bit stumped too after it wouldn't accept Lestat. I even checked my answer because I was so sure it had been one.

I was wondering about Bandstand. Weird. And Finian's Rainbow was also not accepted.

Emptiest/Smallest Audiences at Broadway shows?  Apr 29 2020, 09:28:10 PM
I went to see the Hair revival before the big cast change. They let everyone from the last 2 rows of the mezzanine move down to the front.

They closed off the balcony at Finian's Rainbow when I saw that.

Buzzfeed's Broadway Musical Quiz  Apr 29 2020, 09:21:00 PM
Did anyone see this? I did it anyway and passed. But, it's very questionable because any show that starts with the words A or The count for those letters versus how most people categorize them. It also didn't accept every show.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/audreyworboys/broadway-musical-alphabet-quiz

How is everyone doing?  Apr 27 2020, 07:01:36 PM

BwayinVan said: "If I’m being completely honest today I’m feeling kinda crummy. This week was supposed to be my annual trip to New York. My lineup this year was Company, WSS, Caroline or Change, Take Me Out, Jagged Little Pill, The Visitor, Take Me Out, and Moulin Rouge. I had been planning this trip since last summer.

I realize I’m lucky that I’m still working but as a first responder it is a stressful time. I’ve decided to cancel my leave so

Tickets Refunds  Apr 21 2020, 07:17:01 PM
I got an email from Roundabout yesterday. I know some people already got refundable from them, but for those who have not, it's important to choose an option before August 31st because then they will give you an electronic credit for whatever you tickets were worth good for next season.

The 4 options were:

1. Taking the ticket credit as mentioned above.

2. Donating the cost back to Roundabout.

3. Doing a partial refund/donation.

4. Getting a full

How is everyone doing?  Apr 21 2020, 08:49:52 AM
Artman, it really is amazing how dumb some people are when shopping. I went to the grocery store after work on Friday and the aisles are taped so you should only be going down them 1 way. There were also signs plastered everywhere. Of course people ignored them and did whatever they wanted.

Still working my retail job. Honestly, it really scares me how business did slow down a little when the NJ governor placed the 8pm curfew and then stay at home orders. Now that people are told t

Should BroadwayCon 2021 be virtual?  Apr 17 2020, 09:17:55 AM

MCW1227 said: "Marianne2 said: "No. As someone who has been going to this since the beginning, it's a terrible idea. And what is your obsession with everything being online or abolished in person?"

I don’t think the poster meant to abolish it in person forever but for this year since there will still be public gathering restrictions and no vaccine. It might not be ideal but it’s a way to still hold it instead of cancelling. I think it&rsq

Should BroadwayCon 2021 be virtual?  Apr 17 2020, 08:58:37 AM
No. As someone who has been going to this since the beginning, it's a terrible idea. And what is your obsession with everything being online or abolished in person?

How is everyone doing?  Apr 2 2020, 08:30:56 PM
I am sorry for your loss, dramamama11.

Just a reminder for people to follow rules and to be kind to the staff at stores when you do need to go out. I get that it is a frustrating time for many, but it still doesn't give anyone the right to treat people like garbage. It isn't our fault if supplies are sold out when you get there. It also isn't our fault if we don't get said supplies on a daily basis. So please stop acting like it is. To those who understand this and are not being n

Tickets Refunds  Apr 2 2020, 01:53:58 PM
Just to verify, linctix is $35, right? & it was through telecharge. I forget prices sometimes. But, that was credited back to me. Only waiting to see what Roundabout is doing for Caroline, or Change. And then I have tickets for Company through Todaytix on May 30th. I am not worrying about that quite yet.

How is everyone doing?  Mar 28 2020, 01:40:53 PM
I am from northwest, NJ. About 50 miles from NYC. I was supposed to see Flying Over Sunset today, but obviously that isn't happening. But, it's raining, so I probably got lucky on that.

I work in an essential retail business, so I have been going to work like normal. Only difference is not making extra stops to places, unless I have to. I am nervous about the virus, but I figure being at work is better than sitting at home with access to 24/7 news coverage. It also keeps me away fro

Transgender Performers on Broadway  Mar 19 2020, 06:23:37 PM

quizking101 said: "Ezra is also non/binary, I believe."

I think you are right. On their Instagram profile, it does say trans + non-binary. 

Transgender Performers on Broadway  Mar 19 2020, 01:50:44 PM
Alexandra Billings was playing Madam Morrible in Wicked before the shutdown. And Ezra Menas was in the ensemble and understudy for Jo in Jagged Little Pill.

And M.J. Rodriguez played Angel in the off-Broadway production of Rent. I hope she makes her Broadway debut someday.

How Long ??  Mar 19 2020, 10:24:06 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Well, I already have the tickets and everything reserved so - with all due respect - I already said I’m under no illusion the trip will happen, but while I’m stuck at home, and until I get the email that they’re canceled it’s something to look forward to. So - with all due respect - let people just have their silly fantasies right now. Doesn’t hurt you at all. "

That's basically what I am doing for my vacation

Self-care While Self-Distancing and Broadway is Closed  Mar 15 2020, 09:46:52 PM
I'm feeling guilty because I have a retail job that means I have to leave my house. Granted, there & buying food are the only places I've been in 2 weeks. So, it's not like I'm running around doing fun things. Actually, work has been nuts because we have been running out of so many cleaning items. This is even after limiting how many people can buy. I guess self care is important here as well though because people are crazy and you never know what they are going to do.

I find it fun to

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Mar 12 2020, 08:25:00 PM
I had tickets to see this on the 28th through Linctix. On the website, they are saying that they are just doing refunds. I see that I cannot purchase a ticket at all now because it says I already used my purchase for that production. I'm guessing this will change after they do refunds?

Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 11 2020, 12:24:25 PM

BwayinVan said: "Fair enough. I guess my friends from college are in a minority as is my sis in law as they have been told if they are quarantined at home for 2 weeks it will be unpaid"

It definitely depends on your job. I have no clue what my company's plan is in regards to individual quarantines or store shutdown.  Like I personally do have tons of sick time because I never get sick enough to stay home. But, a lot of my coworkers are not as lucky. Plus,&nb

You must log in to view off-topic posts.