Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for DCS

Member Name: DCS
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PLAZA SUITE revival coming Spring 2020  Sep 10 2019, 02:22:13 PM
Hard pass on this one. Broderick has become tired and boring on stage and Parker is simply just annoying. This looks like a production you'd see back in the 70s and some dinner theatre.

Mailing show posters???  Aug 18 2019, 10:46:49 PM
Thanks so much for the info. Very helpful!

Mailing show posters???  Aug 18 2019, 02:59:00 PM

Hey everyone... just seeking some advice/info for mailing Broadway show posters. It's time to sell off my collection (virtually every musical and musical revival poster from the past 25 years or so) and I'm looking for stiff/non bendable mailers for these 14x22 posters. I seem to recall that someone here had found some online somewhere. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Josefina Gabrielle - Oklahoma  Aug 14 2019, 12:46:02 AM

Josefina has lots of theatre credits....you probably didn't realize that she's not a US based actress....she's from the UK which is where she has done lots of stage work

Josefina Wikipedia Page

SIX (finally) headed to Broadway?  Aug 2 2019, 03:43:49 PM
I think everyone is jumping the gun here on what the top ticket prices will be for SIX. We know NOTHING yet! I believe in the West End, the show's prices are lower than other hit shows and, for all we know, the Broadway producers may take a similar approach. The show is perfect at its current length. It doesn't need extras at all.

SIX (finally) headed to Broadway?  Aug 2 2019, 08:49:05 AM

dramamama611 said: "magictodo123 said: "I'm wondering what will keep this show running. Word of mouth? Reviews? Will the old bats at the NYT appreciate it, AND appreciate that it's ORIGINAL music? Lots of questions."

This is the same for any show...keeping it open. I don't see how this show is any different.

A show that only appeals to one age group, cant really be "that" good.

"I wouldn't be worr

Six reviews  Jul 31 2019, 05:06:00 PM

anislander said: "The queens will be cleaning up after the diner in February. "

Hopefully they'll leave a freshly baked pie cut into six slices!

Six reviews  Jul 29 2019, 01:58:22 PM

No cast announced for the Ordway engagement, but logically it will likely be the same cast.  I guess this keeps the cast together and employed right up to the holidays.  Will be interesting to see what the timing will be for a NY announcement and what those dates will be.  It's not like this show needs a long preview period.  And, with running costs on the lower end (small cast and small band), it would be very smart of the producers to undercut the top ticket prices o

Six reviews  Jul 26 2019, 03:07:57 PM

KnewItWhenIWasInFron said: "Another engagement about to be announced that will keep "Six" away from New York at least through the end of the year."

Even if there wasn't an additional engagement, I don't think the producers would want to bring the show in to NY in the dead of winter anyway....I would think, regardless, they would wait until Spring.  But still curious to hear if this really happens and there is indeed another engagement announced

Six reviews  Jul 13 2019, 12:07:11 PM
Citadel theatre in Canada confirmed that the Chicago and ART cast will be the cast performing there in November. So, doesn't look like the show will arrive in NYC until the new year, whether off or on Broadway. I still suspect the goal will be the latter.

Six reviews  Jun 28 2019, 01:53:42 AM
I believe Adrianna is leaving to do The Wiz in Sacramento. I'm guessing we'll hear something about the show's bway plans very soon. I think they'd like to open in NY in March.

Six reviews  Jun 7 2019, 07:27:25 PM

my guess is that they are working on the theory that The Prom will, at best, last until the end of the year.  Seems unlikely, but that's how they're probably looking at this.  Then the Lyceum would work for them to arrive in late March ....this show would appear to have a very easy load-in and March would be ideal for Tony season.  I can't imagine they'd want to come in earlier as it would cause them to cancel Edmonton or even Boston, which seems highly unlikely

Six reviews  Jun 2 2019, 01:39:42 PM

NY times Rave from New York times
https://nyti.ms/2QHTJZJ

Father/Daughter Actors  May 29 2019, 08:17:49 PM

Martin Vidnovic and Laura Benanti

CENTER THEATER GROUP - Worst Season Ever?  May 8 2019, 02:15:51 PM

From my sources (who are closely linked to CTG) they know this is a weak season for them, but it was certainly not intended to be.  They had 2 productions fail to move forward ....1 was a tour (Torch Song) and the other was a new musical that would have been having it's pre-Broadway run at the Ahmanson....when both of those failed to move forward, they were left scrambling for replacements, thus the two solo shows.  The other big issue that CTG is facing is booking the tours of&

BEETLEJUICE Reviews  Apr 25 2019, 08:20:37 PM

I suspect TIME OUT will mirror most of the reviews.  I think he was being generous with 3 stars, but he did really like the physical production and some of the performances.

BEETLEJUICE Reviews  Apr 25 2019, 08:09:13 PM

TIME OUT review

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/theater/beetlejuice-review-broadway-musical

Chavkin-helmed MOBY DICK by Malloy, 1776, SIX slated for ART next season  Apr 24 2019, 01:45:02 PM

Based on the credits for SIX, I am guessing this will be the same as the Chicago production, but will they do some recasting?  Is this one more stop as it heads for NYC?

king kong broadway cd  Apr 19 2019, 01:10:52 PM

InnerMonologue said: "At present, no cast recording will be created. However, a few numbers that heavily feature Ann will be recorded (with some additional material that's not in the show) and distributed to Tony voters."

If this is true, it would likely already have happened since I would assume they would want to get this into the hands of members of the Tony nominating committee.....getting into the hands of Tony voters is pointless if they don't land a Be

Should SIX transfer?  Feb 6 2019, 07:38:46 PM

Impossible2 said: "Saw this tonight and OMFG!

I could expend my entire available vocabulary raving about this thing and it still would not be enough to adequetly describe how much I loved it.

It is just PHENOMENAL!

75 minutes of pure genius on every single level.

When it's announced get tickets fast because this thing is gonna be HUGE once it hits the US!

"WELCOME TO THE SIX FAN CLUB....membership is growing by leap

You must log in to view off-topic posts.