Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for A.J.

Member Name: A.J.
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is a white person playing a role  Nov 25 2020, 04:44:51 PM

dramamama611 said: "This thread is EIGHT years old. The opposite is probably a parent now.

Things change. When you know better, you do better.
"

I actually appreciate an older thread being dug-up about this issue specifically. 

This gives us a good opportunity to see what has and has not changed about our opinions on the topic. As long as we keep in mind the opinions someone shared a long time ago do not necessarily reflect their opini

Hellen Mirren Against Reading Shakespeare in Schools  Nov 25 2020, 12:20:45 PM

Mixed feelings here. 

I would agree that for the typical English student, a movie or live production would provide a much more efficient understanding of the text. 

That being said, there’s so much historic context and deeper meaning that can be learned from going line-by-line. 

Perhaps Shakespeare should be taught as a supplement to an English curriculum, rather than a core feature. 

&nbs

Wicked Movie Seeks New Director  Oct 20 2020, 03:58:41 PM

Tag said: "Is Ben Platt automatically Boq?
(And before you say it, no one wants to see him or his brother as Fiyero - who will not be white anyway)
"

They could use the same CGI company to de-age him in Dear Evan Hansen and shorten him in Wicked!

Double Post  Oct 20 2020, 02:04:55 PM

Double post

Wicked Movie Seeks New Director  Oct 20 2020, 02:04:54 PM

As per Deadline:

https://deadline.com/2020/10/wicked-movie-director-exit-stephen-daldry-universal-musical-adaptation-1234600446/

Question Lyric Change UK's Hairspray's "You Can't Stop..."  Sep 27 2020, 12:46:33 PM

Owen22 said: "Hairspray0901 said: "Marc Shaiman (Music and Lyrics, with Scott Whitman) wrote a public Facebook post about the lyric change on June 23. An excerpt from his post: “Please note in all future productions, the concept of colorblindness that was a goal in the past will be updated and improved, and the lyric will now be “and tomorrow is a brand new day and it sees both white and black”."

Thanks for clearing that up!!

Wicked film casting  Sep 22 2020, 11:23:57 PM

With COVID, I would imagine that all preliminary casting would be done online and a cross-country trip would indicate a later stage of pre-production (screen tests?).

Who are your Favorite Broadway Riffers?  Sep 22 2020, 01:33:26 PM

Edit - Double post

Who are your Favorite Broadway Riffers?  Sep 22 2020, 01:33:25 PM

Morgan James is another great singer who employs riffs often. 

Who are your Favorite Broadway Riffers?  Sep 22 2020, 12:21:20 PM
How has Lillias White not been mentioned yet?!

Wicked film casting  Sep 22 2020, 12:09:23 PM

My first thought when I heard rumor was: Ashley Park or Erika Henningsen as Glinda.

I would guess they both have the legit soprano to pull it off, but that’s just speculation. 

(Edit: Corrected name spelling)

re: An overbooked 08/09 season  Mar 26 2008, 09:05:52 PM
Weren't there rumors that Aladdin was the next Disney show coming down the Menken-pike?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.