Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for herewegoabc

Member Name: herewegoabc
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 3 2020, 04:19:20 PM
In the short Netflix companion documentary, Mart Crowley confirmed that the real life inspirations for Donald and Harold couldn't stand each other.

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Aug 22 2020, 12:38:08 AM
Count me in on the Jagged Little Pill love. I'm thankful I got to see it twice before the shutdown. Elizabeth Stanley was the standout for me, but I also loved Celia Rose Gooding's performance. I know Patten is the likely winner from that show, but I would love to see Gooding get some recognition. And though I loved Stanley's performance, I'd be thrilled to see Adrienne Warren get her Tony.

On the play side, I'm just hoping for some Michael Urie recognition. I loved his performance in

Broadway Roulette experiences  Feb 28 2020, 06:31:51 PM
I don't live in New York, but I'm definitely not a casual theatre goer. I make several Broadway trips and see a ton of shows. I've used Broadway Roulette a few times when my trips have fallen on more expensive weekends (holidays, etc). Depending on the holiday, they sometimes add an extra $10, but the price is still pretty good compared to TodayTix, etc for those particular weekends.

I don't mind seeing most shows more than once, so I just take out the couple I really dislike and then

Grand Horizons Previews  Jan 24 2020, 11:25:01 PM
The Playbill has The Helen Hayes Theater.

Partial View Seats at MOULIN ROUGE?  Jan 23 2020, 07:15:15 PM
Oh, yeah, I guess it would be. I also sat in the seat next to me (I assume 19) for awhile during act 2 because our neighbor didn't come back from intermission, so the rest of us moved down. The view was not much different.

Partial View Seats at MOULIN ROUGE?  Jan 23 2020, 04:06:37 PM
I sat J21 for $99 and was 3 seats in from the edge. I definitely feel like I missed a decent portion of the show for that price, and I'm sure 19 is even worse. I still enjoyed the show and didn't feel like I missed anything major, but you can't see the staircase or the windmill (not sure if anything happens at the windmill, but I know stuff did on the staircase). If it's your only option and you really want to see the show, it's probably worth it, but you will certainly miss some parts.

anyone going on the broadway cruise  Jan 22 2020, 06:45:05 PM
I have been on two Sixthman cruises (Barenaked Ladies) via Norwegian. The cruises are short and somewhat pricey for the length. However, you get so much great entertainment that it feels more than worth the price. The bands (several were onboard in addition to BNL) were all over the place when not performing. They definitely hung out at the pools, bars, activities, etc.

This lineup sounds amazing, and you'll get 4 days of entertainment in addition to the normal cruise activities. You'l

Alex Brightman Bootleg Tweets  Dec 26 2019, 10:19:40 AM

Just to weigh in on the whole "Broadway is for the elite" argument... it doesn't help when you have people like Neil Patrick Harris complaining multiple times in a single Tweet about paying $300 a head to take his family to see Christmas Carol. Those are clearly premium seats, but it feeds into the illusion that ticket prices are out of this world. They aren't. Simple as that.

I live nowhere close to NY, but I manage to get there several times a year. Yes, my flig

Little Shop of Horrors Lottery  Nov 13 2019, 07:01:35 PM
Wow! That sounds super lucky!

I'm in town next Saturday for one night only and want to try the lottery that night. I know I likely won't win, but does anyone have good info on how the cancellation line works for this? Do people just line up post lottery? Or is there already a line- if so, when do people normally start lining up? How many tickets are normally available and how many people normally line up, etc.? Thanks in advance!

Glick in Little Shop  Nov 6 2019, 07:04:39 PM
Not sure if they've been there, but I looked earlier today, and lots of seats were open for most of the shows during his run. Different prices, but saw several $99 tickets.

Darren Criss Headed back to Broadway!?  Oct 23 2019, 08:43:44 PM

InTheBathroom1 said: "With Mean Girls numbers dropping, I think it might be about time for a stunt cast. I think he could be a fun Damien."

That'd be fun, but he publicly stated last year that he would no longer play gay characters because he didn't want to take those roles from LGBTQ actors.

I like the Little Shop idea and then he'd be a great fit.

Broadway trip - Times Square/midtown hotels with no resort fees  Oct 22 2019, 08:18:52 PM
The Row has had resort fees for years. They used to be my automatic go-to because even with the fee, they were still a great bargain. Not so much anymore. Their prices have gone up, and the resort fee itself has also gone up this year. Depending on the time of travel, the total might still be a bargain, but it's getting rare.

Sign up for their emails, though. Occasionally, they will send out great discounts, some of which will waive the resort fee. These usually have date restrictions,

Little Shop of Horrors Lottery  Oct 22 2019, 06:57:44 PM
Anyone know how the cancellation line is for this on a Saturday evening? I assume you can still enter lottery if you're in the line?

Ben Platt To Star In New Ryan Murphy Netflix Series  Sep 30 2019, 12:09:02 PM
The actor who played River, David Corenswet, is one of the three leads in Ryan Murphy's next Netflix project, Hollywood. He's starring with Darren Criss and Jeremy Pope.

Ben Platt To Star In New Ryan Murphy Netflix Series  Sep 29 2019, 04:55:11 PM
I liked it overall. It felt a little watered down from Murphy's most recent projects. It reminded me most of his show Popular.

The DEH parallels were definitely there, but the majority of people watching won't pick up on them. I thought the standout was Jessica Lange, but that whole subplot seemed crazy and kind of shoe- horned in. Still, she was amazing as always.

Be More Chill Announces Closing!  Sep 29 2019, 04:43:27 PM
Seems they may be back in some capacity. Their social media is teasing a 4.0 upgrade.

Little Shop of Horrors (PREVIEWS)  Sep 23 2019, 07:48:09 AM
Also, look out for a fun photo op in the downstairs lobby. The door to the stairway has the logo above it and bloody hand/nail scraping on each side of the frame. Lots of people were taking pictures clutching the door frame like they were being dragged away.

Little Shop of Horrors (PREVIEWS)  Sep 22 2019, 08:47:40 PM
Yes. The merch stand had 3 (I think) t-shirts, window cards, magnets, keychains, and little plants you could purchase. That's all I remember seeing.

Little Shop of Horrors (PREVIEWS)  Sep 22 2019, 04:17:42 PM

This was the most fun I've had at the theatre in a long time!

Everyone was great, and the show flows almost flawlessly. The sound does need a little work, so hopefully they'll get that figured out before opening.

Everyone went crazy at the prologue, since it wad the twenty-first day of the month of September. The audience missed Borle's first cameo, but he got lots of love on his second pop up. Groff was great and really got into the camp. He actually broke d

LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS returning Off-Broadway this Fall?  Aug 28 2019, 08:44:35 AM
I believe they had in person rush for White Rabbit Red Rabbit when available.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.