Profile for BroadwayGuy12

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayGuy12
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jason Robert Brown is Working on a Musical Adaptation of A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN!  Jul 8 2020, 03:05:54 PM

He said at one of his SubCulture concerts that he is no longer working on this. I believe Sutton Foster was attached at one point, but that's obviously moot now.

B'way closed thru 1/3 now  Jun 30 2020, 04:18:18 PM

Artsylady10 said: "LOL, you’re predicting a second global pandemic and pushing back Broadway reopening by a few years now because of a newly reported swine flu that even Chinese scientists explicitly say isn’t of immediate concern in this moment? As so many have said, we literally know nothing of the future, let alone the long term effects of something that “could” happen, so let’s relax a bit with the speculation and fear mongering."

Jo

Caroline Or Change & Birthday Candles Officially Coming In 2021  Jun 26 2020, 12:45:14 PM

Very excited that they seem committed to producing Caroline, or Change, but I'm surprised that they plan to open both that and 1776 at around the same time. I know 1776 has been long-planned, but I figured they wouldn't want two musical revivals in the same season and would push that to 2022, especially after its A.R.T. production was cancelled (postponed?).

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Jun 21 2020, 08:50:23 AM

Isaac Powell on Instagram yesterday

Is it time for broadway actors to find a new skill/career path?  May 27 2020, 01:01:25 PM

InTheBathroom1 said: "What are they gonna pivot to? No other industry is hiring now anyway except for fast food and grocery stores."

I think that's what makes this situation so disconcerting for so many people. Sure, actors may be "used" to being out of work, but that's in an industry that's constantly holding auditions and in a world where many of them are able to maintain positions in restaurants, bars, catering, etc. while working towards the

Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20  May 14 2020, 11:08:04 PM

I saw this show twice on Broadway and it was really a treat to be able to experience it again tonight. A wonderful reminder of everything I love about theater. Also, Barbara Barrie's line about this being "a tough chapter in a long book" was definitely something I needed to hear right now. Thank you to everyone who made this livestream possible, and to those who donated to the Actor's Fund while watching!

FROZEN closes on Broadway  May 14 2020, 05:54:52 PM

rkade21 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "FROZEN is still scheduled to open on the West End later this year."

I was trying to figure that out, the NYT article suggested it will not be, but might've only been referring to currently running productions:

Schumacher said the company remains committed to “The Lion King” and “Aladdin” on Broadway, to “The Lion King” and “Mary Poppins” in Lo

Cursed Child Cancelled Until Sept 6  May 12 2020, 05:01:41 PM

Kad said: "stoptheworld38 said: "But when Broadway being closed longer than originally said (or anything else for that matter) and then people just saying “It’s gonna be even longer than that” is not in anyway helping. Just let people try and have some positive things in their life instead of always expecting the worst. "

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people being told to manage their expectations and prepare for a longer shutd

Cursed Child Cancelled Until Sept 6  May 12 2020, 01:33:45 PM

We obviously don't know what's going to happen in the future in terms of scientific breakthroughs, second waves, etc., but I wouldn't be surprised if there's no theater at all throughout not only 2020, but also 2021. There are many reports out there that suggest social distancing and intermittent shutdowns could be needed through 2022 or later, depending on the course of the virus. The 12-18 month window in developing a vaccine has been widely touted, but the record fastest a

A STRANGE LOOP receives 2020 Pulitzer for Drama  May 4 2020, 03:51:46 PM

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the first musical to win the Prize without a Broadway production. Of Thee I SingSouth PacificFiorello!, and How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying all opened on Broadway, and A Chorus LineSunday in the Park with GeorgeRent*Next to Normal, and Hamilton had all transferred to Broad

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 09:34:04 PM

imeldasturn said: "There are some really lovely artworks, does anyone know who's the author?"

Tug Rice

https://www.tugrice.com/broadway-com

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 09:27:43 PM

Kelli O'Hara's performance of "What More Do I Need?" was worth the hourlong wait. Simply wonderful.

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 09:00:39 PM

Gorlois said: "Is it actually live? I assumed Raul’s segments would be but everybody else would be pre-recorded...?"

Lin-Manuel tweeted something along the lines of "Raul, why didn't you prerecord like the rest of us?" which leads me to believe you're correct. I thought this was going to be akin to the Disney on Broadway concert for BC/EFA, where the recorded performance was woven in with Ryan McCartan's live hosting and interviews with so

Lucille Lortel Awards - Nominations Announced  Apr 14 2020, 01:47:10 PM

Thank you for starting this thread, JBroadway! It's nice to have a reminder of some of the great theatre I saw over this past season, even if it was abbreviated.

I'm happy to see the love for Mrs. Murray's Menagerie, as I enjoyed that play very much. Makes me wish there was an "Outstanding Ensemble" award, because that group definitely deserves it.

I enjoyed The Wrong Man more than many on here, so I'm glad it go

Encores... Postponement?  Mar 29 2020, 05:03:53 PM

I was very excited about Millie so I hope that gets moved a future season, although I'd guess nothing is certain at this point. Millie was supposed to be directed by Lear deBessonet, who is taking over as artistic director following Jack Viertel's departure at the end of this season, so I'm hoping that means we'll see this production surface at some point.

Encores! Off-Center 2020  Mar 11 2020, 02:49:42 PM

Has anyone heard anything about the summer 2020 Encores! Off-Center season? In the past, the season has typically been announced by this point, and we haven't heard anything. Any guesses for what may be coming up?

Does Karen Olivo do matinees in MOULIN? Thanks!  Feb 21 2020, 02:32:18 PM

I saw the Thursday matinee performance on 1/30 and the entire principal cast (Olivo, Tveit, Burstein, Ngaujah, Mutu, Rojas, and Hurder) was in.

Anatomy of a Suicide - Atlantic Theater Company  Feb 14 2020, 03:55:46 PM

I saw this earlier this week and want to add my voice to the chorus of praise. I found the entire evening to be absolutely riveting, and think that everyone involved is doing wonderful work. I've been thinking about the performance all week, and hope that I'll be able to return to the production at some point before it closes. At the very least, I'm eager to read the script if/when it's published; there's so much beauty and pain and nuance here that it deserves to be revis

Mean Girls Cast Replacements  Feb 11 2020, 12:51:22 PM

For those interested in seeing Sabrina, note her performance schedule on the Mean Girls website:

"From March 10 – March 31, Sabrina Carpenter is scheduled to perform at all evening performances, but will not be performing at the 2pm matinee performances on Wednesdays or Saturdays.

From April 1 – June 7, Sabrina Carpenter is scheduled to perform at seven performances per week. She will not be performing in 2pm matinee performances on Wednesdays, or 6:30pm evening

Claire Foy and Matt Smith to Reunite, on a Brooklyn Stage  Feb 11 2020, 12:47:04 PM

For those interested, tickets are now on sale to the general public. I was able to get a cheap seat in the balcony for an April performance.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.